IGNORED

Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink

RedJim

Just been watching this guy on Goals on Sunday. Out of work, did a half-decent job at a basket case club (QPR), did a great job at Burton. Played at the highest level, still young, but with a few seasons' experience under his belt. Spoke about how he was looking to get straight back into work, keen to take on a '3-4 year project' (hate that word but it's the buzzword at the Gate at the moment), wanted to build something lasting and sustainable at QPR but was cut short. 

I've been in the 'Johnson Out' camp since the Reading home game, though I hoped the 3 new signings might lift us. Yesterday was the final straw. Surely Hasselbaink is the kind of guy we should be looking at? He seems like a realistic option to me, and he has the tools here to build something, with a better owner, and good players. Thoughts?

1 minute ago, billywedlock said:

Was someone I thought of to replace SC. Met him a few times and know the guys at Burton. Top guy. But maybe right now, we need some experience, because we have so many new faces, so many players, it is a bigger muddle to sort. Like that he achieved real success at the lower leagues though, coached before going to management and  shows he understands how to create a winning side too. Sure  he will go onto a good career. He inherited a basket case at QPR , that even Holloway is struggling to get shaped up with all his experience. 

Completely agree. Though I would suggest his experience at Burton (where he actually achieved something) and managing a tricky club in QPR means he would be ready for the job here.

Just now, RedJim said:

Stated in my original post. Promotion with Burton, solid job at QPR (a notoriously volatile club with an erratic owner). More than Lee Johnson.

You said he did a "half decent" job at QPR.  Sorry but he just doesn't float my boat.

Just now, BigTone said:

You said he did a "half decent" job at QPR.  Sorry but he just doesn't float my boat.

Fair enough. I think keeping QPR stable in midtable is something we'd settle for here at the moment. He would have more to work with here too.

Just now, RedorDead BCFC said:

Ryan Giggs. I know it's a long shot but out of work and has had the opportunity to manage possibly the biggest club in the U.K. Worked with top name managers and would probably only look at Prem teams but everyone needs a start. 

Total gamble. No Championship experience. 

Just now, billywedlock said:

The result of the accusations demonstrated what ? What sanctions were taken against him? You are better than that Spud. 

You are right mate...but I watched the Interview, whether he's been set up or not...I didn't like what I saw or heard in his reactions. Plus...as you know, you hear things.

No smoke without fire...He maybe a nice bloke, as are many managers. As an example...I've met Big Sam on many an occasion, lovely bloke, but would I trust him with a football Club I owned? Not a cat in hells chance.

Football is rife with it...managers, coach's, Agents, players, even scouts...it's been like it for years.

5 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Total gamble. No Championship experience. 

Would be, but I can bet Crapdiff will be looking at him come the summer when Warnock's deal is finished. 

I mentioned Monk this time last year and others said it's a gamble and that he only had the Swansea job by luck etc. Not doing to bad that gamble at the basket case of Leeds. 

The Telegraph were completely unable to substantiate anything against JFH to be fair to him, so harsh to hold that over him.

And if allegations such as the type levelled at him prohibited footballers and coaches from working, their wouldn't be many left in the game.

Did a solid job in a decent scenario at Burton, and stabilised QPR last year - when you compare his and LJ's records at this level (which are identical with 47 games right now) they've similar records, and though LJ has won more matches, JFH lost notable fewer.

Still; the Championship experience of other options, including Rowett and Powell, would be more appealing to me personally.

5 minutes ago, RedJim said:

Why is it a ridiculous suggestion? Holloway would be a ridiculous suggestion.

Because for the people who want LJ out , they want him replaced with someone who has experience in this league. Not someone who has played the same amount of games with a worse record at this level.

30 minutes ago, shelts said:

Are we saying that Cotts liked a little bung.....cant say ive ever heard of that before. Anyone else apart from Spud?

Rumours that SL suspected something in the summer window last season, so cut off the money supply.

all alleged. Other Posters referred to it. 

JFH at QPR was exactly like SC when we were I'm the Championship; he played a rigid formation and whilst those tactics had served him well at Burton in Div 3, as they served SC well for us in Div 3, they were found out in the Championship and like SC HD just kept doing the same thing and losing.

If we were in Div 3 I would happily take JFH (or SC, though I couldn't see him coming back) but neither of them have been able to cut it in the Championship.

As for Ryan Giggs, well you have got to be joking.  If we want someone inexperienced well why not Judge Finder? Equally stupid suggestion.

Archived