IGNORED

Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink

RedJim

Very little experience and has achieved precisely F all as a manager. IMO it would be a similar appointment to Lee, great player hasselbaink may have been but for once can we just get it right and get in a manager proven at this level and or above? 

3 hours ago, JasonM88 said:

Rumours that SL suspected something in the summer window last season, so cut off the money supply.

all alleged. Other Posters referred to it. 

Surely if true, this could have been substantiated, and (at the very least) his contract terminated.

5 hours ago, RedorDead BCFC said:

Ryan Giggs. I know it's a long shot but out of work and has had the opportunity to manage possibly the biggest club in the U.K. Worked with top name managers and would probably only look at Prem teams but everyone needs a start. 

Giggs thinks he is s Prem manager because he was caretaker at Utd for 5 minutes. He claimed he turned down Swansea because their ambition didn't match his. Actually they turned him down.

3 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

JFH at QPR was exactly like SC when we were I'm the Championship; he played a rigid formation and whilst those tactics had served him well at Burton in Div 3, as they served SC well for us in Div 3, they were found out in the Championship and like SC HD just kept doing the same thing and losing.

If we were in Div 3 I would happily take JFH (or SC, though I couldn't see him coming back) but neither of them have been able to cut it in the Championship.

As for Ryan Giggs, well you have got to be joking.  If we want someone inexperienced well why not Judge Finder? Equally stupid suggestion.

Wahoo I've been ridiculed on OTIB. 

I feel like I've finally made it in life now. 

But just one question to gain experience do you have to progress through each league getting promoted till you decide they are experienced enough? Just asking because in my 50 years of life I'm still to work it out.  

1 hour ago, RedorDead BCFC said:

Wahoo I've been ridiculed on OTIB. 

I feel like I've finally made it in life now. 

But just one question to gain experience do you have to progress through each league getting promoted till you decide they are experienced enough? Just asking because in my 50 years of life I'm still to work it out.  

It comes to us all eventually!

Simple requirement: you need to have successfully managed a club. Not assistant manager or short lived caretaker manager, the buck must have stopped with you. Your calls, your decisions, your signings, your mistakes.

Ideally sucessful at two clubs as at lot of managers can be successful once, through a propitious combination of factors, and then find it much harder to repeat their success at a new club.  Danny Wilson at Barnsley was a good example of this occurrence.

Taking on a big name player who's done their coaching badges but never properly managed is a total shot in the dark. You have absolutely zero idea as to how they will perform as a manager; let another club take that gamble.

2 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Simple requirement: you need to have successfully managed a club. Not assistant manager or short lived caretaker manager, the buck must have stopped with you. Your calls, your decisions, your signings, your mistakes.

Ideally sucessful at two clubs as at lot of managers can be successful once, through a propitious combination of factors, and then find it much harder to repeat their success at a new club.  Danny Wilson at Barnsley was a good example of this occurrence.

Taking on a big name player who's done their coaching badges but never properly managed is a total shot in the dark. You have absolutely zero idea as to how they will perform as a manager; let another club take that gamble.

Agreed. But a good sign is a player who can think strategically, who knows when to take risks and be able to change those plans when reading the oppositions plays and dynamics. Our competition is now reading us from our successful start while watching our defence make errors via applying pressure and temp in the pace of the game.

12 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

I would not think for one minute that he would even entertain coming here. But I suspect coming from the class of 92 he might of learnt something. 

All I do know is someone will take a chance on him and he could be either a Gary Neville or a successful one. 

Archived