IGNORED

Favourite City Last Minute Goal?

iamalagerdrinker

Weirdly a long time ago , away at milmoor Rotherham a last minute peter beadle equaliser! After 10 plus pints in the local Yates wine lodge before that game it turned out to be one of those games / weekends that was way better than planned.

also Christian Roberts away at Mansfield 5-4! That was a strange game.

The most recent one would have been the night game at home against Leeds on 19/08/2015.

Leeds were 2-0 up on the 89th minute. Many home fans were outside the stadium and heading for home. 

City were attacking relentlessly. Kieran Agard got one back with the clock on 89 and Flint won us a point on 90.

Felt like we had won the game.

5 minutes ago, nebristolred said:

2001 - Bristol City 2-1 Millwall

My first experience of a last minute goal, I was only 9 years old at the time, and a game which had everything. Crowd trouble, 4 red cards, and a last minute winner after a foul from Sean Dyche, with Lee Matthews scoring a 90th minute penalty on his debut. Class.

That was a good game, think we were fortunate to get the pen when Dyche hand balled it but stirring fight back

5 minutes ago, OddBallJim said:

Roberts vs Hartlepool, nothing will ever compare to the erruption of Ashton Gate in that moment.

Roberts at Mansfield was greatest come back but the goal against Hartlepool was the most dramatic and noise was something else.

another that sticks in the mind is the comeback against Hereford in our first freight rover trophy southern final when we scored in extra time and as a 14 yr old ran on to the pitch with my mate to celebrate

Five contenders;

1986 home to Hereford in the LDV semi final 2nd leg. 2-0 down after the first leg, City were 2-0 up going into stoppage time. A third goal went in and two years after getting out of Div 4, City were at Wembley for a cup final.

That goal was possibly more important to the club than that fifth goal at Mansfield.

For you young us, it was similar to the winner v Hartlepool in the 2004 play off semi final.

The 1983 winner in the cup game at Eastville is also a worthy contender for "best last minute goal" award.

1970 Gerry Sharpe v Cardiff to end a long run of defeats (H&A) to Cardiff.

2 hours ago, OddBallJim said:

Roberts vs Hartlepool, nothing will ever compare to the erruption of Ashton Gate in that moment.

Agreed. If I remember correctly, the ref who had overseen some huge fixtures commented that he had never experienced the noise and euphoria when Roberts scored.

2 minutes ago, New Dazzler said:

Me neither, still can't see why there is all this fuss about LJ after we beat Reading 2-0 and Cardiff 2-1:chant6ez:

I'd give you multiple likes for that if I could. Where are we in the table as Dolmanites? Doing quite well I imagine. 

1. Donowa v Rovers. Made even better by the fact that Holloway missed a pen just before and we hadn't beaten them for ages. 

2. Roberts v Hartlepool. There was no way we weren't going up at that moment. Just don't mention the final.....

3. Roberts v Mansfield. Summed up why we love football and the sheer joy it can bring. Absolutely magical. 

Archived