IGNORED

Favourite City Last Minute Goal?

iamalagerdrinker

5 hours ago, iamalagerdrinker said:

SO.. To take the sting out of everything thats been happening recently lets try and cheer ourselves up. What is your favourite last minute City goal? Tomlin against Fulham for me last season was such a relief when It hit the back of the net.

For or against? :ph34r:

55 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

I may be wrong about this so please correct me if needed but wasn't there a game at the gate about 13 years ago where we were 3-0 down to Huddersfield at the gate and we came back to draw 3-3 with Wilkshire scoring a last minute stunner?

We were 1-0 up, then trailed 1-3 before the late fightback. Good game that was!

1 hour ago, formerly known as ivan said:

I may be wrong about this so please correct me if needed but wasn't there a game at the gate about 13 years ago where we were 3-0 down to Huddersfield at the gate and we came back to draw 3-3 with Wilkshire scoring a last minute stunner?

Don't remember this at all?

Ivan Sproule vs Southampton (?) when the keeper went up for the corner. He'd hung back just inside our own half and the ball broke to him and he ran full pelt with it before cutting in at a sharp angle as if he only realised at the last minute where the goal was!

Think Gary Johnson said he ran so fast he thought he was going to go straight down the tunnel with the ball! 

Nobes goal v Palace. The limbs in the away end was off the scale. Been fortunate to have been at Mansfield, home to Hartlepool amongst other classic last minute winners but that day was something else

6 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

Nobes goal v Palace. The limbs in the away end was off the scale. Been fortunate to have been at Mansfield, home to Hartlepool amongst other classic last minute winners but that day was something else

It was absolutely roasting that day as well! the coach with no air con made for a fun trip back!

Roberts' goal in the 5-4 win at Mansfield was amazing. We were still celebrating the equaliser when he scored. It also served Mansfield right for beating us at Wembley (although they will now forever be in my good books following a certain game against the blue few).

5 minutes ago, super slick said:

McCombe away at Doncaster in promotion season is the one that sticks with me.

Pretty drab game, last minute free kick, was directly in line with it, and new it was in immediately! He just seemed to hang in the air!

That was a good shout. I think we'd scored a fairly late one at Crewe the week before? Shut Calderwood up a treat those two results. 

43 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

I have great memories of that day despite being utterly pissed. I remember the Away End being extremely hot and sweaty?

2 hours ago, 22A said:

Five contenders;

1986 home to Hereford in the LDV semi final 2nd leg. 2-0 down after the first leg, City were 2-0 up going into stoppage time. A third goal went in and two years after getting out of Div 4, City were at Wembley for a cup final.

That goal was possibly more important to the club than that fifth goal at Mansfield.

For you young us, it was similar to the winner v Hartlepool in the 2004 play off semi final.

The 1983 winner in the cup game at Eastville is also a worthy contender for "best last minute goal" award.

1970 Gerry Sharpe v Cardiff to end a long run of defeats (H&A) to Cardiff.

Steve Nevilles cool finish 

1 minute ago, Up The City! said:

I have great memories of that day despite being utterly pissed. I remember the Away End being extremely hot and sweaty?

It was literally about 26-27 degrees that day. About 40 degrees in the stand at kick off and about 50 when Nobes goal went in. Remember the smell of Jerk Chicken from a stall right outside the ground too. Unbelievable day.. the day you sort of believed we could make the promised land. We utterly outclassed place in that second half. 

Also Lita's goal at Port Vale when we'd screwed up a 2-0 half time lead. 2-2 in injury time and from the restart it gets lumped forward and Lita sticks it home. Same season I think Goodfellow scored on his debut at Tins 400 match at Notts County? 

Just now, Tomarse said:

It was literally about 26-27 degrees that day. About 40 degrees in the stand at kick off and about 50 when Nobes goal went in. Remember the smell of Jerk Chicken from a stall right outside the ground too. Unbelievable day.. the day you sort of believed we could make the promised land. We utterly outclassed place in that second half. 

Everytime you smell Jerk Chicken now does it remind you of that great day? 

I also finally felt as if we had arrived on the big stage. 

5 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

Also Lita's goal at Port Vale when we'd screwed up a 2-0 half time lead. 2-2 in injury time and from the restart it gets lumped forward and Lita sticks it home. Same season I think Goodfellow scored on his debut at Tins 400 match at Notts County? 

Lita also scored a stoppage time winner away at Walsall in 04/05 I think it was. 2-1 win maybe after going 1 down? Remember some scenes in the away end as that one went in. 

12 minutes ago, I BELIEVE said:

Lita also scored a stoppage time winner away at Walsall in 04/05 I think it was. 2-1 win maybe after going 1 down? Remember some scenes in the away end as that one went in. 

What about Brentford away 03/04. Lita comes on and bangs in 2 late on iirc as well.

35 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

Have to say that day at Selhurst Park was incredible. Think I fell over after Noble curled one in despite the pillar blocking his shot! Lovely ground Selhurst!!!

17 minutes ago, BA14 RED said:

What about Brentford away 03/04. Lita comes on and bangs in 2 late on iirc as well.

Boxing Day I think? Wasn't there some bloke in his garden watching the game who got no end of stick from the away end. 

12 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

Boxing Day I think? Wasn't there some bloke in his garden watching the game who got no end of stick from the away end. 

Thats it, was around christmas time. Hadn't had a good record against Brentford under Wilson in particular as well. Lita could have been a great striker really.

26 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

It was Boxing Day 2003, I remember it well because I was in with the home fans, (I was carer for a wheelchair user), I got kicked out for celebrating the goals!

28th September 2002, Tomarse. Lita thumped it in in front of the away fans, after having come on as as sub. Always enjoyed the visit to Vale Park, parking in that warren of streets across from the ground. The oatcake shop was rarely open though- always wondered why they were so popular!

Lita's goal against Walsall (October 2004) was in the 89th minute ? Again in front of the away end ?What we used to call a "banana bender !

But it has to be Christian Roberts goal at Mansfield......and, yes, we were there to see it !

Archived