IGNORED

LJ is worse than Mcinnes

Londoner

2 minutes ago, Emperor Palpatine said:

Where did you get that news? SC himself? The board? Or some second hand unsubstantiated rubbish from here?

My money is on the 3rd option

I got that news from witnessing the events of the summer of 2015 unfold and when bearing in mind past context of our board continuously letting managers down.

Just now, JHAGa said:

I got that news from witnessing the events of the summer of 2015 unfold and when bearing in mind past context of our board continuously letting managers down.

We all witnessed it

Unless you know the ins and outs and have concrete evidence of why what happened, happened... you can't say for definite that the manager was let down by the board. 

Just now, Emperor Palpatine said:

We all witnessed it

Unless you know the ins and outs and have concrete evidence of why what happened, happened... you can't say for definite that the manager was let down by the board. 

It's no coincidence that all the managers get let down by the board so I'll maintain my belief that our double-winning manager knew what he was doing over the guys that let down his predecessors also.

1 minute ago, Griffin said:

You think he would've sabotaged the entire summer/season/potentially future seasons by leading SC on with no intention of bringing in anyone SC wanted?

I don't see why we wasted time backing SC in terms of the fee if not prepared to pay the wages required. Also it's been said that the board tried being cheap skates by pulling out of previously agreed terms for Maguire and Gray.

SC's frustration was visible for all. Up until then he'd always constantly praised the board. They got carried away, rested on their laurels and left SC in a bad position.

9 minutes ago, JHAGa said:

I don't see why we wasted time backing SC in terms of the fee if not prepared to pay the wages required. Also it's been said that the board tried being cheap skates by pulling out of previously agreed terms for Maguire and Gray.

SC's frustration was visible for all. Up until then he'd always constantly praised the board. They got carried away, rested on their laurels and left SC in a bad position.

I don't believe that SL was willing to match all the transfer fees but not the wages. There's only so much either of them can take from the other side, they aren't idiots, they wouldn't have just kept trying the same thing over and over. If SL wasn't going to pay the wages required then SC would have found this out relatively early.

If SC saw nothing was being backed he should've done something about it, either leaving or changing targets. It's just not normal, millions and millions of pounds and neither side knew for months on end what the others limits were? Can't believe that.

I'm a massive Cotts fan btw, not just defending SL, wether it's my hate for LJ or not but I'd even have Cotts back now (bit extreme I know).

23 hours ago, Griffin said:

I don't believe that SL was willing to match all the transfer fees but not the wages. There's only so much either of them can take from the other side, they aren't idiots, they wouldn't have just kept trying the same thing over and over. If SL wasn't going to pay the wages required then SC would have found this out relatively early.

If SC saw nothing was being backed he should've done something about it, either leaving or changing targets. It's just not normal, millions and millions of pounds and neither side knew for months on end what the others limits were? Can't believe that.

I'm a massive Cotts fan btw, not just defending SL, wether it's my hate for LJ or not but I'd even have Cotts back now (bit extreme I know).

Would take cotts back in a heartbeat

23 hours ago, Griffin said:

There was a very long and detailed post on here just before SC was sacked, so detailed in fact that it would be very difficult to believe it was made up, which allegedly explained exactly what happened. If true Cotts was mugged.

Obviously there is another side of the story, so it depends what you believe. Me, weighing up what was most likely and what seems most plausible, given the recent previous history at that time of the characters involved, I believe Cotts was shafted, in that the board messed up and he was hung out to dry for it, because the alternative would have been the board admitting their mistakes.

3 hours ago, NickJ said:

There was a very long and detailed post on here just before SC was sacked, so detailed in fact that it would be very difficult to believe it was made up, which allegedly explained exactly what happened. If true Cotts was mugged.

Obviously there is another side of the story, so it depends what you believe. Me, weighing up what was most likely and what seems most plausible, given the recent previous history at that time of the characters involved, I believe Cotts was shafted, in that the board messed up and he was hung out to dry for it, because the alternative would have been the board admitting their mistakes.

He was shafted.

Archived