IGNORED

LJ is worse than Mcinnes

Londoner

At least Del boy had one of the worst squads in championship history to have to contend with....mcgivern bates fontaine wilson mcmanus foster morris woolford etc....

LJ has the backing both financially and knowledge wise with a much improved scouting system, not to mention the money.

Get rid, there are no excuses, out of his depth and inept. Im sorry SL and MA lose the personal touch and think of business.

LJ has one of the best squads we have assembled and I cannot remember us spending 15 million on the team + wages. The reality is that all of the sides around us have spent nothing. Totally abject the past 3 months and I think the clock is ticking. For me LJ has to go. But, in a previous post I felt he needed 9 points from our next 5 games (Cardiff, Forest, Villa, Wednesday and Rotherham). The pressure is thus on. I think if we lose to Forest we could well be in the bottom 3 by the time Wednesday arrive. Final game could be Rotherham.... but by then we could be adrift. Very very sad. I had hoped LJ could turn it around but his last two team selections have been diabolical.... personally feel we are about to witness his last stand....

Ps: lose to Fleetwood and the pressure will only intensify.......

9 minutes ago, Spoons said:

Just what we needed another LJ thread??

There will be nothing new covered on this thread .

It's because the situation the fans have been put in by the board, is utter b****cks. Divided from the outset with Johnson. 

Fuming, disappointed, gutted you name it. The majority are feeling it. 

We go down, Lansdown has himself to blame. I love the bloke. He's great for our club in the main.  But this is diar. 

31 minutes ago, Londoner said:

At least Del boy had one of the worst squads in championship history to have to contend with....mcgivern bates fontaine wilson mcmanus foster morris woolford etc....

LJ has the backing both financially and knowledge wise with a much improved scouting system, not to mention the money.

Get rid, there are no excuses, out of his depth and inept. Im sorry SL and MA lose the personal touch and think of business.

Who brought most of those players to the club? Pretty sure for all those mentioned it was McInnes...at least LJ has performed much better in the transfer market.

So, whilst neither have a great record and both will give Ranieri a 'run' for the Tinkerman nickname LJ gets the nod as a slightly better manager as a result of the transfer dealings.

2 minutes ago, WestonRobin said:

Who brought most of those players to the club? Pretty sure for all those mentioned it was McInnes...at least LJ has performed much better in the transfer market.

So, whilst neither have a great record and both will give Ranieri a 'run' for the Tinkerman nickname LJ gets the nod as a slightly better manager as a result of the transfer dealings.

Transfer dealings that are a result of a vastly improved scouting system.

3 minutes ago, WestonRobin said:

I'm confused as to who's making the signings. Is it Johnson then and not Ashton? 

If you remember, McInnes came out and criticised his time at BCFC and said that it was like "Zulu" when he first went to training - he could not believe the number of 1st team squad players. To be fair to DM he tried to cull the squad and he certainly was not given 15 million. I also have it on very good authority that he was given the team sheet by JL and told who to play...... The bottom line is that it was only when SC came in (no nonsense, abrasive) that all of that changed. SC knocked down the 5 pillars and did it his way... the owner et al could not do anything given the precarious state of the team when he joined..... SC was responsible for the change in mentality and it was such a shame that he was not afforded the same backing as LJ.....

Just now, Londoner said:

Transfer dealings that are a result of a vastly improved scouting system.

So? Your opening statement is that Del Boy had one of the worst squads in the championships history - a lot of that was his own making. Doesn't make a difference what scouting system is in place the manager, in this case McInnnes, was the one who thought those players would 'fix' our issues. He was clueless regarding what quality was required and his tactics were equally as questionable as LJs

1 minute ago, WestonRobin said:

So? Your opening statement is that Del Boy had one of the worst squads in the championships history - a lot of that was his own making. Doesn't make a difference what scouting system is in place the manager, in this case McInnnes, was the one who thought those players would 'fix' our issues. He was clueless regarding what quality was required and his tactics were equally as questionable as LJs

McInnes did not bring in the players... he said as much in his article about BCFC...

5 minutes ago, MarkRed! said:

If you remember, McInnes came out and criticised his time at BCFC and said that it was like "Zulu" when he first went to training - he could not believe the number of 1st team squad players. To be fair to DM he tried to cull the squad and he certainly was not given 15 million. I also have it on very good authority that he was given the team sheet by JL and told who to play...... The bottom line is that it was only when SC came in (no nonsense, abrasive) that all of that changed. SC knocked down the 5 pillars and did it his way... the owner et al could not do anything given the precarious state of the team when he joined..... SC was responsible for the change in mentality and it was such a shame that he was not afforded the same backing as LJ.....

I remember the article. 

To be fair he did try to perform a 'cull' but what he replaced those players with was a total joke! 

Youre correct, he wasn't given a large amount of money to spend...but then again he didn't get more than £12M from selling players either.

LJ is going absolutely nowhere.

In terms of the transfer dealings, yes he has spent more than any other manager but our net spending is naff all, taking into account Kodjia, Bolasie and Albert monies which have come in since.

SL will I am sure continue to back LJ between now and the end of Jan with a keeper, RB and a winger.

We can moan all we like but LJ is here very long-term in my opinion.......I may be wrong though!

Either way, we need to stop the rot and VERY fast......it's amazing that we aren't in the bottom three already!

Oh to be a City fan 'eh!

3 minutes ago, Loosey Boy said:

LJ is going absolutely nowhere.

In terms of the transfer dealings, yes he has spent more than any other manager but our net spending is naff all, taking into account Kodjia, Bolasie and Albert monies which have come in since.

SL will I am sure continue to back LJ between now and the end of Jan with a keeper, RB and a winger.

We can moan all we like but LJ is here very long-term in my opinion.......I may be wrong though!

Either way, we need to stop the rot and VERY fast......it's amazing that we aren't in the bottom three already!

Oh to be a City fan 'eh!

I think LJ is on the brink... other managers have been sacked for less or similar. LJ has now equalled the losing streak that cost McInnes his job... All fans want the club to be successful and for LJ to succeed. Trouble is we cannot see it happening when we are losing winnable games and from winning positions... I think he has until Rotherham. At this point he may have as many as 5 new players in the team.... the board will want to give him time as they have invested in him but I am sorry, time is running out....

Just now, MarkRed! said:

He did not pick the BCFC team - he may have been able to bring in some players but he suffered from board room interference....

Rose-coloured specs. McInnes brought in a load of people who couldn't hack it in the feeble competition of the SPL, as well as a few old friends. Many hardly played.

This had nothing to do with the board and 100% to do with McInnes's unfamiliarity with managing in English football.

And if we think LJ's tactics are strange at times, who can forget the moments of comedy that were Richard Foster played as a midfielder.:facepalm:

6 minutes ago, MarkRed! said:

He did not pick the BCFC team - he may have been able to bring in some players but he suffered from board room interference....

Not disputing there wasn't board room interference. My point is that McInnes was also culpable as he could not identify the quality we needed and he brought absolute dross to the club.

I know most of us are frustrated fans at the moment but I really don't get the need for numerous threads just to bash LJ...and when he is being bashed unfairly, and in my opinion in this thread he is for the reasons I've stated, I will defend him as I would anybody.

Im not an LJ follower but I'm also not going to 'bash' someone just for the sake of it.

Anyway, to draw a line under the matter - that's my last comment on this thread as I don't feel the need, here at least, to knock the man again.

Just now, Red-Robbo said:

Rose-coloured specs. McInnes brought in a load of people who couldn't hack it in the feeble competition of the SPL, as well as a few old friends. Many hardly played.

This had nothing to do with the board and 100% to do with McInnes's unfamiliarity with managing in English football.

And if we think LJ's tactics are strange at times, who can forget the moments of comedy that were Richard Foster played as a midfielder.:facepalm:

Agreed.... but it serves to illustrate why the recruitment of an experienced manager is necessary in this league. Many commentators also felt McInnes was "up and coming"..... I still think he was hamstrung by the board....and he said as much in his interview and of being bitterly disappointed..... At the time McInnes was an odd appointment, as was Millen, as was O'Driscoll. All were heralded by the board as the #1 choice - because they agreed to operate with board interferences....

I remember those days, SL and JL running BCFC, the 5 pillars; all proved disaster... ; I am convinced that is why Coppell got out. David James signed by SL, JL. No wonder they appear now to hide behind Mark Ashton. MA must have it sweet; a 6 figure salary with no known accountability only blame if they want to direct it that way. Oh, what has happened to BCFC since the resurgence by Terry Cooper...

A diabolical run of form. What's saving LJ is his relationship with the board and the fact that we haven't taken a massive beating from anyone - which would be the hallmark that the squad has given up on Johnson.

If someone hits us for 4 in the next few weeks he'll be a gonner. 

Just now, eric04 said:

A diabolical run of form. What's saving LJ is his relationship with the board and the fact that we haven't taken a massive beating from anyone - which would be the hallmark that the squad has given up on Johnson.

If someone hits us for 4 in the next few weeks he'll be a gonner. 

I think what is saving LJ is that he is "there man...." and they will back him until the last possible point... they are as desperate for him to succeed as we all are.  He has been the face of Bristol Sport at all their events and to be fair he is good with the media.... he talks the talk and he is happy to work within the structure. It is with great regret he does not walk the walk... how good would it have been for him to succeed...sadly, a painful and bitter exit looms.... he needs to do something very inspiring starting at Fleetwood..... the clock is ticking and it is sad to say that....

1 hour ago, Londoner said:

Not saying I disagree but... Del signed most those players listed so not sure you can say he had to contend with that squad. He bought in players he thought was good enough but were nowhere near.

At least LJ has signed a few good players even if he doesn't know what to do with them...

Archived