IGNORED

Strap yourselves in

Big Red Rich

The fact LJ is still in the job compounded by the fact hes still allowed to go out & buy players is telling me he isn't going anywhere soon (sadly).

So strap yourselves in, the BCFC rollercoaster we all have a season ticket for is about to depart. 

See you in league 1 with a splash.....

Johnson is not buying the players though is he? - Ashton and Taylor are buying them. LJ just says what he needs.....he is a yes man and one of these modern coaches who works with what he is given. Trouble is, he has actually been given some very good players. For whatever reason it is not happening.  If we can get a GK and a RB he really cannot have any complaints.....League 1 would be disastrous for the club. Unlike other relegations we are not yet cut off and are outside the drop zone thus I think there is still time for a recovery and a good one. We just need the board to make a strong decision and sack him....unless of course he can find some quick wins.

6 minutes ago, Big Red Rich said:

The fact LJ is still in the job compounded by the fact hes still allowed to go out & buy players is telling me he isn't going anywhere soon (sadly).

So strap yourselves in, the BCFC rollercoaster we all have a season ticket for is about to depart. 

As Harry eloquently put in his post, the fact we are making signings has no bearing on whether LJ will go.

We made signings last January remember when we didn't have a permanent manager! 

I'd be surprised if LJ is still our manager come the Forest game.

8 minutes ago, Big Red Rich said:

I'm ready Rich....Forest here we come !!!!  :facepalm:

1 minute ago, hay dens party said:

It's going to be a bumpy relegation fighting ride! But we have become use to that in the second tier, just in the past we haven't spent as much money in the transfer market to find ourselves there,

Lets not forget this was also SL's year for making a promotion charge if you recall his comments at the commencement of the 2015/16 season.... All gone sadly wrong. Only Bristol City could balls up the legacy of a double winning side. What makes me sad is the football played by that team was some of the best I have seen.... the way we have wasted the momentum and failed to build on it is criminal...... you can see now SC's point - it is not the number of players who are bought in but the quality of them.....plainly he is being proved right.

10 minutes ago, Big Red Rich said:

Unfortunately more downs than ups, I fear.

2 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

As Harry eloquently put in his post, the fact we are making signings has no bearing on whether LJ will go.

Which will make the new contract recently awarded look even more astounding. 

17 minutes ago, Big Red Rich said:

Sadly , no roller coaster as they involve up's too. I can foresee continuing in one direction unless things change soon.

11 minutes ago, Port Pete said:

Difficult to know for sure without knowing the exact reason for the new contract and what the terms of it were.

However, to offer Andy Robinson a new contract as manager of Bristol Rugby only to fire him a couple of months later only for history to seemingly repeat itself with LJ in the same season is just ******* careless.

23 minutes ago, Big Red Rich said:

Why does this need a new thread? Why don't we just have ONE Lee Johnson thread.  Would save all the proliferation of threads and fannying about.

23 minutes ago, MarkRed! said:

Lets not forget this was also SL's year for making a promotion charge if you recall his comments at the commencement of the 2015/16 season.... All gone sadly wrong. Only Bristol City could balls up the legacy of a double winning side. What makes me sad is the football played by that team was some of the best I have seen.... the way we have wasted the momentum and failed to build on it is criminal...... you can see now SC's point - it is not the number of players who are bought in but the quality of them.....plainly he is being proved right.

& if SC had the players that LJ has now at his disposal would he not be getting better results even sticking to beloved 352? At least we'd have some width...

2 minutes ago, desert said:

& if SC had the players that LJ has now at his disposal would he not be getting better results even sticking to beloved 352? At least we'd have some width...

I don't think SC would have sanctioned half of these players.... I hope one day SC will reveal all about his time at BCFC.... my own view is that he was badly let down and forced to accept a structure that he did not want. Whatever you think of him can you see SC having a drink with Ashton..... :)

59 minutes ago, Port Pete said:

Perhaps the new contract included a ' drop into the relegation zone and you're out without compensation ' .

Of course it's totally unlikely but my point is that you have n't a clue what the contract contains so best not to speculate too much .

3 hours ago, Big Red Rich said:

No I won't see you in league one . You can quote me on that . 

18 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Is League one really that bad?  Starting to warm to the idea 

Love L1. Unfortunately when you do really well you're not allowed to say, can we stay where we are please.

I hate the Championship with a passion, did last time, and do so this time. It's just miserable, bloody miserable, we can't compete, and there's always a feeling that something isn't quite right? We could put the whole Leeds team in a red shirt and overnight they'd turn shite.

3 hours ago, P'head Red said:

I think it says a lot that we're not yet in the relegation zone, there are actually teams below us despite an absolutely shocking run of results.  

But we have a plan , keep bloody losing until everyone catches up , some are really crap so it's taking a little while but we're almost there 

4 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Interesting. I'd be surprised if he's not our manager come the forest game. 

I can give you one definite though... one of us is going to be surprised. 

5 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

lose to Fleetwood and yes I think you are right

11 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Difficult to know for sure without knowing the exact reason for the new contract and what the terms of it were.

However, to offer Andy Robinson a new contract as manager of Bristol Rugby only to fire him a couple of months later only for history to seemingly repeat itself with LJ in the same season is just ******* careless.

in hindsight yes, but no one could of predicted the run we are on, and as contracts are pretty meaningless these days anyway i don't get why people are so hung up on them, its not as if its our money being wasted on it,

Archived