IGNORED

Sacking is NOT* the answer....

Jack Dawe

.....sadly, neither is appointing the wrong man. 

ROCK_N_HARD_PLACE.gif

Mr Lansdown, I do not envy you. Good luck ......

*ok, ok. Not always the case. There are clear examples where sacking IS the answer. You don't need to list the examples.....

10 minutes ago, Jack Dawe said:

.....sadly, neither is appointing the wrong man. 

ROCK_N_HARD_PLACE.gif

Mr Lansdown, I do not envy you. Good luck ......

*ok, ok. Not always the case. There are clear examples where sacking IS the answer. You don't need to list the examples.....

No. "Leaving by mutual consent" is the answer!

23 minutes ago, Rednwhiterob said:

Agree.  Time to back LJ.

Is it hell, there isn't a manager in the league who could survive ten defeats in eleven, And seven on the trot, he's has another idea every day , tinkerman is an understatement and now he's lost the dressing room , get rid.

18 minutes ago, Londoner said:

Its simple. IF we become at serious risk of relegation he will be sacked.

Lose at forest saturday and i expect him to be gone.....

We are already at the point of being in serious risk of being relegated. 

Even the most ardent supporters of LJ cannot argue against that.

13 minutes ago, Cov 77 said:

Is it hell, there isn't a manager in the league who could survive ten defeats in eleven, And seven on the trot, he's has another idea every day , tinkerman is an understatement and now he's lost the dressing room , get rid.

How the f*** do you he's lost the dressing room?

4 minutes ago, Benni said:

How the f*** do you he's lost the dressing room?

Lost the dressing room, you say?  It's in the Atyeo!!! You just need the watch where the players come out, then go back in.  Happens twice every game.  The clues are all there in plain sight.

20 minutes ago, Cov 77 said:

But whilst he is the Bristol City manager we need to back him 100%

Clearly not all is right in the state of Denmark

As a club, in my lifetime, we have been here far too often.

Action is now needed to stop the terrible cycle of moderate success quickly followed by abject failure, linked to oversized squadand overpaid players for the division we land up in.

19 minutes ago, shelts said:

It's not serious until we're in the bottom three!!!

Not necessarily.

It's serious when our momentum is rapidly downwards, with little sign of changing,  and the teams below us start picking up points. This applies even when we are not yet in the bottom three.

Just now, Ivorguy said:

Clearly not all is right in the state of Denmark

As a club, in my lifetime, we have been here far too often.

Action is now needed to stop the terrible cycle of moderate success quickly followed by abject failure, linked to oversized squadand overpaid players for the division we land up in.

We have a senior squad at the club of 24, which is quite modest by the standard of this division. And that includes Lloyd Kelly, who has only one sub bench appearance.

7 minutes ago, downendcity said:

Not necessarily.

It's serious when our momentum is rapidly downwards, with little sign of changing,  and the teams below us start picking up points. This applies even when we are not yet in the bottom three.

Win Saturday and it could all turn around again. I get our momentum is a downward spiral. A little luck and better defending by the end of this month we could be nine  clear of the drop. On the other hand....

6 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

We have a senior squad at the club of 24, which is quite modest by the standard of this division. And that includes Lloyd Kelly, who has only one sub bench appearance.

What about all those bought for the future, plus new faces this January ?

Just now, Ivorguy said:

What about all those bought for the future, plus new faces this January ?

It includes everyone playing senior level. I don't think the problem is we have too many players. We still don't have great alternatives for many positions. The squad wasn't so much thin as emaciated during Cotts' reign and it's only slowly getting up to second tier standards.

Whether we pay too much for who we have..... well, that's another question?!

16 minutes ago, shelts said:

Win Saturday and it could all turn around again. I get our momentum is a downward spiral. A little luck and better defending by the end of this month we could be nine  clear of the drop. On the other hand....

The worry is that we've been thinking this every game for the last 4/5 weeks. The longer the losing streak goes on, the greater the worry that players' confidence is further eroded and increasingly we start to wonder were the next point, let alone the next win, is coming from.

While we weren't necessarily playing our best at the start of the season, I am completely baffled as to what happened to cause us to spiral out of control since the game at Cardiff. 

Archived