IGNORED

Billy Davies

Tony Montana

5 minutes ago, bris red said:

So you know Billy Davies quite well on a personal level then im guessing? 

Oh sorry mate, when you see him at the pub on Saturday tell him I said hello...

He's toxic for board-supporter relations, turns the local media against the club, misses out on crucial transfers for his side just to make cynical points to his board and he can't keep his **** in his pants. Easy for you all to say you want a nasty old school manager but the grass isn't always greener

7 hours ago, Northern Red said:

As said, there are reasons why no club will go near him with a bargepole, despite his record looking more than decent enough on the face of it.

Have a look for some of Daniel Taylor's stuff in the Guardian/Observer around Davies' time at Forest. 

Spot on and Taylor knows his stuff, being a Forest fan himself. There were good reasons why Davies lost his job that went beyond what happened on the pitch.

See also this from Louise Taylor (no relation to Daniel) from the Guardian:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/mar/24/billy-davies-nippy-sweetie-nottingham-forest

Worth doing a bit of due diligence.:shifty:

2 hours ago, AppyDAZE said:

Interested to know where Grayson ranks in your little list

He's up there, and certainly a nicer bloke than Billy, but he's not on a par with him just yet.

Billy took us to the play-offs at this level two seasons on the spin, on a shoe string. He signed David Nugent from Bury for 100k.

We also went on a 20+ game unbeaten run under him. I genuinely turned up to games thinking we were going to win every week.

He used to pretty much guarantee a top 6 spot but as I said his last spell at Forest has hit his reputation in the game. He became far too paranoid and obsessed with the media.

2 minutes ago, pnefcok said:

He's up there, and certainly a nicer bloke than Billy, but he's not on a par with him just yet.

Billy took us to the play-offs at this level two seasons on the spin, on a shoe string. He signed David Nugent from Bury for 100k.

We also went on a 20+ game unbeaten run under him. I genuinely turned up to games thinking we were going to win every week.

He used to pretty much guarantee a top 6 spot but as I said his last spell at Forest has hit his reputation in the game. He became far too paranoid and obsessed with the media.

I only asked because I remember looking on your forum a lot last season, and he really didn't seem that popular. Style of football being the main moan, if I remember correctly

26 minutes ago, pnefcok said:

Grayson is not on a par with Davies when it comes to off field activities as far as I know.

Coincidentally Davies was mentioned on today's Guardian Football Weekly podcast and not in complimentary terms.;)

9 hours ago, Tony Montana said:

If we were to sack LJ, this should be our man...won't be, because the board don't have the balls to appoint him.

Think he would be a good fit, especially to get our current squad playing. Proper old school football manager.

We don't want that sort of manager though. 

On 1/16/2017 at 18:54, AppyDAZE said:

I only asked because I remember looking on your forum a lot last season, and he really didn't seem that popular. Style of football being the main moan, if I remember correctly

On 1/16/2017 at 19:20, chinapig said:

Grayson is not on a par with Davies when it comes to off field activities as far as I know.

Coincidentally Davies was mentioned on today's Guardian Football Weekly podcast and not in complimentary terms.;)

The way Davies left was very acrimonious and left a bitter taste in the mouths of many of our supporters.

He wasn't really backed from the top and went to Derby pretty much straight after we lost to Leeds in the play-off semi-finals. My view is that his decision was justified, as he took Derby up in his first attempt. Instead of backing him with more cash to keep him at PNE, we spent that same cash sacking the next 5-6 absolutely shit managers and building/dismantling their squads.

No doubting he's a bit of a nasty piece of work but back then he was a top, top manager in this division. Times have changed though and his fallouts/paranoia regarding the media have wrecked his reputation in the game.

On 1/16/2017 at 17:20, Newquay-Red said:

Oh sorry mate, when you see him at the pub on Saturday tell him I said hello...

He's toxic for board-supporter relations, turns the local media against the club, misses out on crucial transfers for his side just to make cynical points to his board and he can't keep his **** in his pants. Easy for you all to say you want a nasty old school manager but the grass isn't always greener

So how do you know all this? Some serious allegations there...genuinely interested in how you know so much about him

Some people have short memories surely you can remember when one of our players was seriously injured against Forest many years ago and he was laughing about it and showed no concern for our player who had just been sythed down by Nathen Tyson and was obviously in distress. Myself and others around me in the Williams stand were shouting at Davis, he then he started blowing Kisses at us trying to wind us up until stewards spoke to him about his behaivour horrible little man 

Archived