IGNORED

Plymouth v Liverpool

Lanterne Rouge

4 minutes ago, NottsRed said:

I've never seen anything happen during a minute's applause. Could that be the way to end our awful form? We could clap for 90 minutes and keep a clean sheet! 

You are forgetting added time.....

2 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

He had a good first half, has led the line well. I thought those who had seen him thought he had a poor first touch? He must have been working on it. 

No. His size makes him look like a big target man type. In the few times I've seen him he wasn't really that type. Good touch and good dribbler which is surprising. It was his positioning and finishing that were severely underdeveloped. Tonight he did a lot of the little things leading the line which I have not seen from him before. I know he is a bit of a cult figure here but he's got some ability. Wouldn't bet on him making it here but if he stays in England he'd probably end up at some low budget championship team like Ipswich. 

16 hours ago, JoeAman08 said:

No. His size makes him look like a big target man type. In the few times I've seen him he wasn't really that type. Good touch and good dribbler which is surprising. It was his positioning and finishing that were severely underdeveloped. Tonight he did a lot of the little things leading the line which I have not seen from him before. I know he is a bit of a cult figure here but he's got some ability. Wouldn't bet on him making it here but if he stays in England he'd probably end up at some low budget championship team like Ipswich. 

I could see Argyle wanting to keep him if they go up. It would be interesting to see how he fares in League1.

17 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

I could see Argyle wanting to keep him if they go up. It would be interesting to see how he fares in League1.

Would be. I like him but I doubt his future here as fast as we are trying to move the club forward. Clubs in L1 spending 750k-1m on players now so we could easily get 5 times what we paid for him I think. If Plymouth go up, it'd be a perfect opportunity for him to stay there for the season. Who knows? He could net 15-20 and be a 23 year old L1 gem. It's just his finishing that really lets him down. He's not as bad a player as some make out and even had interest from some prem teams when he was a teenager. 

I was pleased with the chants for the Plymouth supprters.

"No noise for the Mersey boys" and when "You'll never walk alone" broke out, the responded with "You only know one song, only know one song".

Bearing in mind this was a replay, it was annoying to hear about the long journey to Plymouth the Liverpool fans had. Obviouly none of the Green Army went o the first game.

Archived