IGNORED

Spurs' new ground (merged)

lenred

Includes a micro brewery, artisan bakery, Michelin star dining and a cheese room. Could you imagine the uproar on this forum if that was the case here!  On a serious note though, it just shows how football at the top end is changing rapidly (for better or worse depending on your point of view) and becoming an all day 'experience' as opposed to just a 90 min visit, and reiterates how bloody lucky we are to have SL's investment in our upgraded Ashton Gate. 

I know a lot of people like to slag off American sports and the way they do things, but they have it bang on in regards to making sport an actual day out instead of just about what happens on the field. I don't believe there is anything wrong in that aspect creeping in to our sides of the sport, just as long as the prices will be sustainable!

39 minutes ago, lenred said:

Includes a micro brewery, artisan bakery, Michelin star dining and a cheese room. Could you imagine the uproar on this forum if that was the case here!  On a serious note though, it just shows how football at the top end is changing rapidly (for better or worse depending on your point of view) and becoming an all day 'experience' as opposed to just a 90 min visit, and reiterates how bloody lucky we are to have SL's investment in our upgraded Ashton Gate. 

Also includes 'premium seats' which will be heated and have USB points. Meh.

46 minutes ago, Mr Hankey said:

I know a lot of people like to slag off American sports and the way they do things, but they have it bang on in regards to making sport an actual day out instead of just about what happens on the field. I don't believe there is anything wrong in that aspect creeping in to our sides of the sport, just as long as the prices will be sustainable!

I am a Green Bay Packers fan and regularly head over to watch games. The whole experience is completely different to anything over here, they do make a whole day of it and have a great time. Not all of it is better though, as they could learn a few things about songs and chanting during games.,

4 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

This could be a good thing if tickets are reduced more generally there- I believe Bayern have/had a similar policy.

Exactly. Nothing wrong with the best seats being really expensive so long as the money made goes towards making the majority of the rest of the ground cheaper and more affordable. 

They have small breweries in the US - you go in, choose your ingredients, make your mulch and create your beir / larger, leave them to ferment and go back some time and collect/bottle them - you can sit in a bar and drink some,invite others to taste your beir, and even sell them in the bar so others can experience them..... could you imagine that at AG.... i'd be there a LOT.

19 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

This could be a good thing if tickets are reduced more generally there- I believe Bayern have/had a similar policy.

Why would that reduce tickets?

I'm sure I read something along the lines that with the TV money in the prem, most eams could play in an empty stadium and it wouldnt impact profits. If the TV money wasnt enough to reduce ticket prices than i cant see all these added extras reducing them. If anything itll may increase demand and therefore prices.

Also, you forget that the Germans generally do it for the right reasons. To compare our money hungry teams to them just doesnt work.

1 hour ago, lenred said:

No cider though - poor!

14 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Arsenal moved to a state of the art, brand new stadium with bigger capacity and , I presume, every facility known to man,

They have the most expensive ticket prices in the prem ( and possibly the world!)

The cynic in me suspects that every thing Spurs put in their new stadium is designed to bring in more revenue, not to reduce ticket prices, but credit to them if it does.

For balance it should be pointed out that Spurs have incorporated a magnificent single-tier kop end in their new stadium designed very much with the more "traditional" supporter in mind. I don't see anything wrong with any of the other stuff as long as the longstanding working class supporters are catered for and can still afford to go.

1 hour ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

Exactly. Nothing wrong with the best seats being really expensive so long as the money made goes towards making the majority of the rest of the ground cheaper and more affordable. 

Agreed.

31 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

For balance it should be pointed out that Spurs have incorporated a magnificent single-tier kop end in their new stadium designed very much with the more "traditional" supporter in mind. I don't see anything wrong with any of the other stuff as long as the longstanding working class supporters are catered for and can still afford to go.

That is something, would be ideal for safe standing too if that ever comes about ~(subject to gradient and SAG).

59 minutes ago, downendcity said:

Arsenal moved to a state of the art, brand new stadium with bigger capacity and , I presume, every facility known to man,

They have the most expensive ticket prices in the prem ( and possibly the world!)

The cynic in me suspects that every thing Spurs put in their new stadium is designed to bring in more revenue, not to reduce ticket prices, but credit to them if it does.

You are probably right but you never know...if it's good enough for Bayern.

1 hour ago, MarcusX said:

Why would that reduce tickets?

I'm sure I read something along the lines that with the TV money in the prem, most eams could play in an empty stadium and it wouldnt impact profits. If the TV money wasnt enough to reduce ticket prices than i cant see all these added extras reducing them. If anything itll may increase demand and therefore prices.

Also, you forget that the Germans generally do it for the right reasons. To compare our money hungry teams to them just doesnt work.

Well yes you're probably right- it could reduce tickets but probably won't- the supply and demand thing yeah may push it up.

I read there is supposed to be a 17k one-tierred home end that is inspired by the Dortmund yellow wall. Hopefully they stick to their word and don't fill it with corporates/families.

In all likelihood though, it'll probably end up being a rubbish atmosphere like the Emirates/Olympic Stadium.

2 hours ago, Fiale said:

They have small breweries in the US - you go in, choose your ingredients, make your mulch and create your beir / larger, leave them to ferment and go back some time and collect/bottle them - you can sit in a bar and drink some,invite others to taste your beir, and even sell them in the bar so others can experience them..... could you imagine that at AG.... i'd be there a LOT.

I did that recently in Edinburgh as part of a stag weekend. Place is called The Hanging Bat. We then drank our beer at the wedding. Highly recommended - the venue that is, not the beer we produced!

Archived