IGNORED

Spurs' new ground (merged)

lenred

Hows it going to be a generic bowl with a 17,000 home end??? Its going to be tre closest thing we have in this country to Dortmund's yellow wall.

IMHO its going to blow every other ground in the country out the water when completed.

The point of all the fromagerie/ glass tunnel rubbish, is so that the day trippers/corporates can subsidise the 'core' support in the Home End - which if it actually happens (?!) should be v much applauded....

I would like to see us build a 'mini' 12,000 version in place of the Atyeo one day...  

5 minutes ago, red'tili'mdead said:

Hows it going to be a generic bowl with a 17,000 home end??? Its going to be tre closest thing we have in this country to Dortmund's yellow wall.

IMHO its going to blow every other ground in the country out the water when completed.

The point of all the fromagerie/ glass tunnel rubbish, is so that the day trippers/corporates can subsidise the 'core' support in the Home End - which if it actually happens (?!) should be v much applauded....

I would like to see us build a 'mini' 12,000 version in place of the Atyeo one day...  

Is it ****. Just because it's big doesn't mean it'll be anything like the Yellow Wall.

Not even particularly keen on the corporate side of things being part of football in the first place, although it's here to stay now and there's nothing we can do about it. Will depend on how much the tickets are for this home end before I applaud it.

10 minutes ago, red'tili'mdead said:

We’d just look like (“mini”) St. James’s Park. (Newcastle, not Exeter!) 

On ‎20‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 16:13, Fat Cigar said:

Their new ground looks flippin' amazing. Well, the photos do anyway. I read that 7,000 of the 61,000 seats will go to corporates. That is a hell of a lot. 

West Ham fans must be seething. 

Anyway, our little 27,000 stadium looks great. 

apart from the atyeo end, it now really lets the whole look down in my opinion, are we really not ever able to improve it. maybe blend it in a bit better.

10 minutes ago, RedM said:

Still standing though isn’t it, they don’t make ‘em like that any more!:laughcont:

Oh I don’t know... decrepit, crumbling terraces, very few seats, unsafe surroundings, frequented by blood thirsty lepars and with poor sanitation. No modernisation in decades. 

It’s reminding me of somewhere... I just can’t think where..! 

1 minute ago, Bar BS3 said:

Oh I don’t know... decrepit, crumbling terraces, very few seats, unsafe surroundings, frequented by blood thirsty lepars and with poor sanitation. No modernisation in decades. 

It’s reminding me of somewhere... I just can’t think where..! 

Not to mention the reason anyone went was to see the fighting!

2 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Is it ****. Just because it's big doesn't mean it'll be anything like the Yellow Wall.

Not even particularly keen on the corporate side of things being part of football in the first place, although it's here to stay now and there's nothing we can do about it. Will depend on how much the tickets are for this home end before I applaud it.

Show me another single tier 17,000 capacity Home End, that has been developed in consultation with fans groups then pal.

Its up to Spurs Fans to make the best of it, but they cant moan that they weren't given a chance like many, many others...

Agree on the corporate point, but what they appear to be doing (and we are not - yet!) is designing a stadium that caters for all types of fans and allowing parts of the ground to remain relatively affordable. Our attitude to our core support/S.82 in the stadium redesign has todate been frankly embarrassing.

The only possible excuse is that the stadium is not finished yet and the Atyeo redevelopment will give us the missing piece of the jigsaw. I actually have faith in SL and particularly JL, to deliver this one day.

On 20/01/2017 at 14:08, Fiale said:

They have small breweries in the US - you go in, choose your ingredients, make your mulch and create your beir / larger, leave them to ferment and go back some time and collect/bottle them - you can sit in a bar and drink some,invite others to taste your beir, and even sell them in the bar so others can experience them..... could you imagine that at AG.... i'd be there a LOT.

Some fermentation process that is! Takes at least a week for proper beer

2 minutes ago, red'tili'mdead said:

Show me another single tier 17,000 capacity Home End, that has been developed in consultation with fans groups then pal.

Its up to Spurs Fans to make the best of it, but they cant moan that they weren't given a chance like many, many others...

Agree on the corporate point, but what they appear to be doing (and we are not - yet!) is designing a stadium that caters for all types of fans and allowing parts of the ground to remain relatively affordable. Our attitude to our core support/S.82 in the stadium redesign has todate been frankly embarrassing.

The only possible excuse is that the stadium is not finished yet and the Atyeo redevelopment will give us the missing piece of the jigsaw. I actually have faith in SL and particularly JL, to deliver this one day.

No idea it was developed in consultation with fans groups, fair play then. When the Atyeo is redeveloped, I'd like to see it designed with S82 and the more diehard fan in mind, would cater to almost every group possible, as you say. The only worry for me is if the prices in Spurs' new home end are still astronomical and the money they rake in from corporate tickets doesn't go to subsidising those other tickets.

As an aside, the new WHL is going to hold some of the NFL games here over the next few years at least. There was talk that the stadium would have the facilities to change the surface according to the demand, so perhaps the original design was for a 'multi-sport' arena right from the start and hence has an unusual style. We'll see how that all pans out.

On 20/01/2017 at 16:00, JHAGa said:

I read there is supposed to be a 17k one-tierred home end that is inspired by the Dortmund yellow wall. Hopefully they stick to their word and don't fill it with corporates/families.

In all likelihood though, it'll probably end up being a rubbish atmosphere like the Emirates/Olympic Stadium.

Not with this one....its a great design-unlike many 'new' stadia no wide open spaces between fans and pitch- right on top of the action.

12 minutes ago, Robert the bruce said:

Not with this one....its a great design-unlike many 'new' stadia no wide open spaces between fans and pitch- right on top of the action.

All very well until the next Spurs manager decides to get the size of the pitch reduced to suit his style of football.

With our narrower pitch this season I feel notably further back from the action at AG in the Lower Dolman than I did previously, and the Lansdown side seems to have a lot of space before the pitch starts, partly due to the the modern necessity for 'technical areas.'

On 20/01/2017 at 12:55, Mr Hankey said:

I know a lot of people like to slag off American sports and the way they do things, but they have it bang on in regards to making sport an actual day out instead of just about what happens on the field. I don't believe there is anything wrong in that aspect creeping in to our sides of the sport, just as long as the prices will be sustainable!

I've been following city for 20 plus years and can honestly say that it's has never just been about a 90 minute game.

in fact we used to joke that Saturdays were brilliant apart from the 90minutes of football we had to watch. Even then it was rarely 90!

I really don't know what you mean

On 21/01/2017 at 08:01, BS4 on Tour... said:

Yep apparently that single-tier home end will hold 17,000 - great stuff!

Is it a single tier? It doesn't like it on the photos.

Maybe it is, just the cranes making it look like there is a lower tier before the bigger upper tier.

20 minutes ago, Pezo said:

Is it a single tier? It doesn't like it on the photos.

Maybe it is, just the cranes making it look like there is a lower tier before the bigger upper tier.

The last gap you see in that single tier has still yet to have the pre cast concrete slabs layed, its deffinetly going to be one single tier.. But like all large single tiered stands (the kop yellow wall etc) the underneath of the stand will still be tiered with different levels and concourses, so in effect  it will only appear to be single tiered from the outside.. underneath wont be :yes:

Archived