For F's sake

Southend Blue

Read the following text carefully :

FINISHED FILES ARE THE

RESULT OF YEARS OF

SCIENTIFIC STUDY COMBINED

WITH THE EXPERIENCE OF

MANY YEARS OF EXPERTS

Now how many times does the letter F appear in the above ?  

It's amazing how many times people get it wrong even on the third or fourth time of reading.

A very small percentage get it right on the first go, maybe they have a unique talent or something.   If anyone says SEVEN TIMES on first go, then you have a right answer.    Well Done on that achievement.

This was taken from College last week although have seen a similar variation before and was featured on our TWTD forum last year.    It provided some considerable interest.

@Southend Blue I think it's cheating, there were 4 "F's" the first time I read it, but I think it must add one F each time you read through it, as it went 4, 5, 6 and the final time there were 7... I don't think the cheat resets though, as it has remained at 7.... well at least until I asked someone else.. and they said 5.... silly sod...

2 hours ago, Southend Blue said:

Read the following text carefully :

FINISHED FILES ARE THE

RESULT OF YEARS OF

SCIENTIFIC STUDY COMBINED

WITH THE EXPERIENCE OF

MANY YEARS OF EXPERTS

Now how many times does the letter F appear in the above ?  

It's amazing how many times people get it wrong even on the third or fourth time of reading.

A very small percentage get it right on the first go, maybe they have a unique talent or something.   If anyone says SEVEN TIMES on first go, then you have a right answer.    Well Done on that achievement.

This was taken from College last week although have seen a similar variation before and was featured on our TWTD forum last year.    It provided some considerable interest.

That's why you should never type in capitals, if you did the same test again but with correct capitalisation then the result will be completely different.

Archived