IGNORED

Absolutely abysmal

Olé

Anyone who thinks we have a serious manager or any semblance of an attacking plan hasn't watched much City this season. Today was beyond pathetic. Anyone who sees something in this manager is a virtue signalling liar.

Well done Lee you and your team have the embarrassing honour of being the holders of a new record 8 league game losing streak, congratulations.

And yet again we have to listen to our commentary team tells us that another shitty team this time in guise of Forest are managing the game out easily and brilliantly, something we are incapable of doing.

Can’t wait to hear tonights dirge from the coach.

LJ must surely be on the brink now?. 2 points off of the bottom 2, for me one more game maximum because I don’t think personally that he can turn this around and I am sad to say that but I believe him to be way out of his depth.

8 minutes ago, Lucan said:

This is a wake up call to those that thought signing a few more players would turn things around

If, and it's likely Johnson gets the boot.. those players will still be here. Those signings could still be good signings for the new manager. So no wake up call at all.

I've supported him until now. 

Its just untenable. Even if we were to start picking up the odd points now (and we must, surely, I mean we can't lose 10, 11, 12 in a row can we!?) he has completely destroyed his support base among fans. Unless we were to go on a similar winning streak then there's always going to be the majority of fan base that probably rightly think he's shit, the next awful run is just around the corner, and that he should be sacked. And that in turn makes us less likely to be successful.

I don't know about anyone else, but I've personally been daydreaming of 1 or 2 years in the future of us celebrating our premier league promotion with LJ and all the headlines of how it could all have been so different if city hadn't held their nerve on that awful, awful run etc etc.

Well, I think it was just a daydream unfortunately. Real shame as it's clear to see how desperate LJ, SL and large (but by no means all) sections of the support were for this to succeed. 

Where now, is the question. And what next in the tragic story of Bristol City FC. We all love it really. :yawn:

Just now, Shtanley said:

The most annoying thing about all this is that after 15 games we were playing amazingly and I don't understand why its all changed

I think this is slightly re-writing history. We were playing far, far better yes. But I remember standing in the away end at Barnsley (just before this run started) and saying to my friend at HT "how the hell are we in the play offs, we're pretty average!". He agreed. 

1 minute ago, Shtanley said:

The most annoying thing about all this is that after 15 games we were playing amazingly and I don't understand why its all changed

Will have take your word for that, many believe the points haul outstripped the quality and merely papered over the cracks and probably led to the misguided decision of a new contract.

3 minutes ago, boss hogg said:

ffs we werent playing amazinly, did you watch the games?

3 minutes ago, Robin101 said:

I think this is slightly re-writing history. We were playing far, far better yes. But I remember standing in the away end at Barnsley (just before this run started) and saying to my friend at HT "how the hell are we in the play offs, we're pretty average!". He agreed. 

Sorry perhaps I should've put "doing amazingly"

18 minutes ago, Olé said:

Anyone who thinks we have a serious manager or any semblance of an attacking plan hasn't watched much City this season. Today was beyond pathetic. Anyone who sees something in this manager is a virtue signalling liar.

Bang on. His best results have just papered over huge cracks.

18 minutes ago, Olé said:

I thought all these overseas imports were supposed to be the answers to all our prayers? 

16 minutes ago, Robin101 said:

I've supported him until now. 

Its just untenable. Even if we were to start picking up the odd points now (and we must, surely, I mean we can't lose 10, 11, 12 in a row can we!?) he has completely destroyed his support base among fans. Unless we were to go on a similar winning streak then there's always going to be the majority of fan base that probably rightly think he's shit, the next awful run is just around the corner, and that he should be sacked. And that in turn makes us less likely to be successful.

I don't know about anyone else, but I've personally been daydreaming of 1 or 2 years in the future of us celebrating our premier league promotion with LJ and all the headlines of how it could all have been so different if city hadn't held their nerve on that awful, awful run etc etc.

Well, I think it was just a daydream unfortunately. Real shame as it's clear to see how desperate LJ, SL and large (but by no means all) sections of the support were for this to succeed. 

Where now, is the question. And what next in the tragic story of Bristol City FC. We all love it really. :yawn:

This!!! I loved LJ and wanted him to do well so badly but now I feel nothing but contempt. I can't see my feelings turning around either even if the results did! There'll always be that niggle and unsettling feeling like I'm sure is the same with so many other fans.

Archived