IGNORED

Barnsley v Leeds

Slippin cider

2 minutes ago, SaulGoodman said:

just because you have money doesn't automatically make you better than us!

we are a team with a good manager which is the complete opposite of what you lot are!

You are the first person to mention the word 'money' in this thread. 

I don't think anyone on here has anything but praise for the way Barnsley play and conduct their business.

20 minutes ago, Spoons said:

Proper game of football, sure I seen a Leeds fan tumbling down the stairs behind the goal in the Barnsley end!! Now where have I seen that before?

I remember that ! ....bounced off of every step on the way down the Dolman stand ...I've never seen anyone take steps like that before ....very impressive :yes:

Just now, SaulGoodman said:

so what is the reasoning behind why you think you should be able to do it if we can? please explain

It is possible to substitute the name of any team in the Championship (possibly with the exception of recent ex Prem teams) and the comment still stands…

2 minutes ago, SaulGoodman said:

so what is the reasoning behind why you think you should be able to do it if we can? please explain

Maybe because you are a similar sized club to us and this season have spent far less money on players. Jesus Christ, it was meant as a compliament. Why are so many of your fans so touchy and precious?

6 minutes ago, SaulGoodman said:

Blimey. 

You are not one of those teams that are there because of parachute payments, throwing loads of money at it, whatever. Like Preston, you are playing some decent football, and getting the best of the squad you have assembled.

Hence, if Barnsley and Preston can do it, why is it so difficult for us to do? I read it as a compliment. I really think you are seeing something that is not there. We may have spent a few quid, but it is nothing compared to the 'big ' teams in this league, and it is not unfair for us to benchmark ourself against the like of Barnsley, rather than say Newcastle.

We came up with a fantastic bunch of players and a absolutely amazing football ethos, it's going to hell in a hand cart from here on in though, our players are just far too good for a club with our wage budget, we have to just enjoy watching the best team we've had in 20 years while it lasts, I've supported us since 86 through thick and thin and will continue to do so until I die. 

for the record I take no pleasure what so ever in your struggles, BCFC are a cracking club like ours, and from interaction I've had on here with some of you, clearly you've some cracking fans too. 

Archived