IGNORED

LJ supporters

The Humble Realist

Why are you still behind him ? 

This isn't a confrontational question. ..I support managers at city and normally managers are sacked just before I call for their heads...with LJ however he lost my support last Saturday..

We have all seen people ranting about why he should go. ..clearly personal abuse is well out of order but others have articulated  stats etc as to why he should leave. 

For those who support him..why should we stick ? Make the case....

For the record if he stays il still support him and hope he turns it round...as I did yesterday. ..I don't want to be proven right !

Coyr 

Despite a few recent narrow defeats we are still in a better position than when LJ took over and we have a far stronger squad at our disposal, this despite having sold the striker who kept us in this division last season. We are going through a period of transformation from a relegation haunted team to one who can be competitive at this level. I have confidence this will be the eventual outcome. We are competitive in matches unlike before LJ's arrival.

Stick with it and we will be rewarded. Panic and we will be doomed to more upheaval and be as far away from the promised land as ever.

2 minutes ago, handsofclay said:

Despite a few recent narrow defeats we are still in a better position than when LJ took over and we have a far stronger squad at our disposal, this despite having sold the striker who kept us in this division last season. We are going through a period of transformation from a relegation haunted team to one who can be competitive at this level. I have confidence this will be the eventual outcome. We are competitive in matches unlike before LJ's arrival.

Stick with it and we will be rewarded. Panic and we will be doomed to more upheaval and be as far away from the promised land as ever.

You're playing fast and loose with the word "few" there mate..!!

Yes Lee whatever you say.

I'm still with him. For me the players have let him down massively with so many mistakes being made , and a new manager doesn't rectify all of that. There are some decisions that I don't understand why he made them but he's still young and learning and I believe that he has a good future in football management and we could look back on the sacking with regret. The fact that people get on his back over the smallest of things and often contradict themselves just to do it is laughable. I hope SL sticks with him and we turn it around , I'd like to see some of the reactions of certain posters. 

3 minutes ago, handsofclay said:

You MUST be a Johnson. There is absolutely no other explanation of your posts.

5 minutes ago, WRERE said:

I'm still with him. For me the players have let him down massively with so many mistakes being made , and a new manager doesn't rectify all of that. There are some decisions that I don't understand why he made them but he's still young and learning and I believe that he has a good future in football management and we could look back on the sacking with regret. The fact that people get on his back over the smallest of things and often contradict themselves just to do it is laughable. I hope SL sticks with him and we turn it around , I'd like to see some of the reactions of certain posters. 

Hope

That about sums it , and your post up

Thats all you have to cling onto - zero evidence of any progress 

5 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Hope

That about sums it , and your post up

Thats all you have to cling onto - zero evidence of any progress 

I hope SL stick with him is that I wrote , I know we will turn it around if LJ is given time and the players pull their fingers out. Progress? Did you forget where we were this time last year and what happened when LJ came in? There's progress in our first team , youth team and staff. 

Ok. I'm one of them. I have called for his sacking but when thinking about it, after I calmed down and after 8 defeats on the trot. I ask you all to now look at our players and ask yourself this question. Have our 11 players who were chosen to go out and perform for our club, played in a professional manner?

i am saying...1. The Head Coach said he takes responsibility for the result but was he the one playing on the pitch?

2. Was he the one who couldn't be bothered i.e...First half. Are they professionals or do they just play when they feel like it?

3. Head coach and players are to blame. So should we sack the lot of them?

4. A Head coach is only as good as his players allow him to be, so, we should ask the question...Players get paid big money and should not dictate the terms of play and undermining the Head coach. So, should hefty fines be imposed for crappy performances?

They should be made to remember that we the supporters are the ones who ultimately pay their wages and from what I've seen, naming no names within the team.

5.  Are they actually committed to playing for B.C.F.C?

5 minutes ago, WRERE said:

I hope SL stick with him is that I wrote ,

I know we will turn it around if LJ is given time

and the players pull their fingers out. Progress?

Did you forget where we were this time last year and what happened when LJ came in? There's progress in our first team ,

youth team and staff. 

1 Do you

Wow

2 just about where we are now , or if being picky where we will be in another couple of games , only difference is no morale in the squad and having recruited something like 17 players .....,and a CLUB RECORD OF CONSECUTIVE DEFEATS

Brilliant 

Thats progress is it !!!!

Jesus Wept. :rofl2br:

15 minutes ago, WRERE said:

I hope SL stick with him is that I wrote , I know we will turn it around if LJ is given time and the players pull their fingers out. Progress? Did you forget where we were this time last year and what happened when LJ came in? There's progress in our first team , youth team and staff. 

This is where we were when he came in:

Pemberton as caretaker manager had steered us into beating the league leaders and winning at Charlton.

Prior to that Cotterill was sacked for picking up 10 points in his last 12 games. LJ now has 3 from the same number..

What sort of ******* progress is that? Staff? Enlighten me, I can see none...

32 minutes ago, handsofclay said:

I admire you for sticking your neck out to the baying crowd, but you talk about us having made progress and that's my issue. 

The only progress LJ has made is into the red of SL's bank account. 

Yes we have a much better squad but at least Cotts' team looked like they wanted to play for him and occasionally looked like winning a game. We just lacked the players to ever have a plan B. 

Kudos to LJ for assembling by far and away the best squad we've ever had, but it's comparable to me buying a helicopter for my daily commute to work. It looks posh, but I don't have the faintest idea on how to use the damn thing!

Christ, I've see people keep quoting we're in a better position than this time last year a fair few times now... Yes literally speaking we are but by only 3 points, having spent approx ***£15 million*** (sorry, had to childishly highlight that) on players and just broke our record for consecutive defeats, our fixture list for up to the end of February is horrendous compared to last years.  I can pretty confidently say if he stays we'll be in a far worse position after them games, even if we were playing well, its a very tough set of fixtures.  Only thing I see happening is Lee consolidating his record breaking run further and ensuring no future manager of Bristol City will be able to match and take it away from him.

I respect the views of the tiny minority who are still hoping against hope that Lee will turn it around. They've invested belief in LJ and like his personal style.  

Of course I think they are wrong, there is no sign of progress.  In fact yesterday's defeat was one of the most toothless and pathetic displays all season. We're going backwards. 

Managers have their committed fans. Just recently we've had a small flurry of "Cotts was hard done by" posters arguing that we shouldn't have sacked him. There are even some SOD enthusiasts still lurking out there like Japanese soldiers in the jungle refusing to accept that the war is over.

However, I've never seen a poll where 90% of respondents - nearly 500 people - want the manager sacked.  If you could weed out mischief making Gasheads from the pro-Lee votes then I think you have an unprecedented vote of no confidence in the man in charge.

OK, we may all be wrong, but I just think you can't just live on hope alone. You have to look at what's happening on the ground.

I'm gutted it hasn't worked out for Lee here. I liked his style too. However I have to be realistic and yesterday crystallised all the doubts I had entertained for some weeks. It was his last chance - and he fluffed it unfortunately. 

38 minutes ago, WRERE said:

Absolutely nothing to do with Mr Johnson

Pemberton and elliot made the changes that kept us up. Mr Johnson just continued with that. The problems began when he was given a free hamd

I keep reading about the mega millions LJ has spent, yet, as I stated last week when we were in League One and being accused by other clubs of having bought the title, plenty on here were quick to remind them that we were actually still in profit from the two million we got for Sam Baldock. Yet all of a sudden when it comes to LJ he has spent 15 million quid. However, despite this we are still in profit using the logic applied by many on here two years ago. For we have received far more than that in dealings involving Kodjia, Bolasie, Adomah, Agard, Williams and Ayling. Also three million of that was spent on Lee Tomlin who when he was acquired everyone on here was in raptures. Indeed, had he not been purchased LJ would now be being lambasted for his failure to secure his signature.

Well done to Fordy, although he disagrees with me his posts are at least respectful of my viewpoint and don't degenerate into vilification. We are all City fans and have the best interests of the club at heart even if we disagree on how that can be accomplished.

An invite is sent out to LJ supporters for comment, anyone who pops their head above the parapet is shot at, it is then wondered why no comments of support are made and then the lack of comment is seen as proof that there are no LJ supporters. Carry on kidding yourselves.

I have no doubt that LJ is in a very precarious place at the moment and I suspect that at best he'll be given till the Rotherham game to get a win.

Considering that we've lost 8 on the trot, we still aren't in the relegation zone. I find this to be quite incredible and to a certain extent a demonstration that we are not the worst 3 in the league. I don't know if this form will continue but I do know it's nothing to do with LJ's height (as much as some of the emotionally stunted on our board would like height to be a good indicator of football management).

If we were truly shite, I'd be expecting cricket scores (some on here would like us to be given a good shoeing and win every other game... as if). While losing is losing, this fact (of not getting a shoeing) gives me confidence that there isn't much wrong with the team. The question is: Is it LJ? Is it the team? Is it the board? Is it the fans? Or is it written in the starts? The answer is probably a combination of all of these things (woe betide the person who blames the fans).

Do I think making the big change of sacking LJ will fix it? We might get that bounce until the next manager finds himself on the same 'sack him' slippery slope. My answer is therefore no.

We started our campaign well this season (this is apparent because our current form is shite and we are still above the relegation zone), I like what's been brought in over the transfer period so far and even 'if' LJ is a shite manager, I don't think even he could fail to keep us up. Over the years that I've been watching footy, I've seen supposedly shite managers given a chance and then turn things around (and vice versa). It's an unfortunate thing that we live in a society that looks to the short term and wants everything right now. Certain things I can be patient with.

If he's sacked, then we wait and see how short the spin cycle is for the next one.

Oh, and if this approach makes me a LJ supporter, then so be it. Don't get into a froth about it, people have different approaches to life so get over yourselves.

I keep reading about the mega millions LJ has spent, yet, as I stated last week when we were in League One and being accused by other clubs of having bought the title, plenty on here were quick to remind them that we were actually still in profit from the two million we got for Sam Baldock. Yet all of a sudden when it comes to LJ he has spent 15 million quid. However, despite this we are still in profit using the logic applied by many on here two years ago. For we have received far more than that in dealings involving Kodjia, Bolasie, Adomah, Agard, Williams and Ayling. Also three million of that was spent on Lee Tomlin who when he was acquired everyone on here was in raptures. Indeed, had he not been purchased LJ would now be being lambasted for his failure to secure his signature.

Well done to Fordy, although he disagrees with me his posts are at least respectful of my viewpoint and don't degenerate into vilification. We are all City fans and have the best interests of the club at heart even if we disagree on how that can be accomplished.

You clown!

(I would do a winky face but I don't know how!)

1 hour ago, handsofclay said:

Really I think if Cotterill would of enjoyed the levels of support LJ has we would be here right now!

10 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

1 Do you

Wow

2 just about where we are now , or if being picky where we will be in another couple of games , only difference is no morale in the squad and having recruited something like 17 players .....,and a CLUB RECORD OF CONSECUTIVE DEFEATS

Brilliant 

Thats progress is it !!!!

Jesus Wept. :rofl2br:

Four wins in 26 games isn't where we are now. Or 2 points from safety. Yes the current form is terrible but why I don't see how LJ solely get's the blame. Maybe we should terminate the contracts of the players who don't give a shit and are as much to blame. Unfortunately progress on the pitch is not great at the minute but everything else about the club is , and I firmly believe that once we get rid of the people who don't care or aren't good enough and replace them we will see the results change. No morale? Here comes the exaggeration and lies again. 

19 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

This is where we were when he came in:

Pemberton as caretaker manager had steered us into beating the league leaders and winning at Charlton.

Prior to that Cotterill was sacked for picking up 10 points in his last 12 games. LJ now has 3 from the same number..

What sort of ******* progress is that? Staff? Enlighten me, I can see none...

Des Taylor is massive for our club. I know everyone loves to ridicule MA but I can't help but be encouraged by him.

I'm not a Johnson supporter per se, but I do believe that 'it's a results business' is the biggest misnomer in football.

Building a successful club is about more than what happens on the pitch and about more than a few months of, albeit largely terrible in this case, results and performances. There are a hundred different things behind the scenes that can take time to integrate and there will always be times when confidence and morale is at rock bottom and you need to ride through a storm.

Unfortunately I, and indeed very few of us, have any tangible reports on whether things are improving away from the pitch. If I had those I'd be willing to back any manager through a period of defeats and trust a long term strategy, but as we don't I understand most supporters will look at what happens in front of their eyes each Saturday and become agitated.

I can understand the frustration and anxiety of most, but I actually feel pretty indifferent to it all. This is just a few months of one season and things are cyclical. If LJ goes we'll probably get another manager who in the short term will boost results but then lose his job after a period of poor form, rinse and repeat, rinse and repeat. The same topics on OTIB. The same 'worst ever' posts. The same 'won't be attending again until he's gone' threats. The same 'I always knew he'd fail' claims.

I think I'd actually really like it if we looked long term and backed our manager through everything, if we made ourselves different from 95% of the clubs in the football league and stopped panicking at a period of trouble or unease in the support. The issue is that I have no idea if LJ is the man we should back, and others will point towards SL's previous 'poor appointments'. Almost every club has now put themselves in this revolving door of short term strategy.

If we ever want to break ourselves out of this loop and do something special maybe we need to gamble on someone to pull us out from the depths. Maybe it's LJ, maybe it's not.

33 minutes ago, handsofclay said:

Sorry, my post was a bit over the top.  Although my argument to the above is, while its a similar situation based on the merits you mentioned the difference is we ended up winning League One and demonstrating we spent well, if heavy for that division. The same applies again, same situation, we've brought players due to funds from other sales, the big difference is the performance of the teams in their respective divisions. Spend well in League One and performed admirably, we've spent well in the Championship and performance levels are currently shocking. This was the point I was trying to make (I made it terribly I know), was what we're getting out of the team compared to what we have invested is worlds apart.  We shouldn't be anywhere near a relegation fight with that sort of investment, we're either massively underachieving or we've wasted a lot of money on players who aren't up to it, either scenario falls on LJ's shoulders, however if its the former there's a glimmer of hope but if he's not sacked this week then Sheffield Wednesday is his last chance saloon IMO.

Archived