IGNORED

The only reason I'm confident we can still stay up

ciderbeans

3 minutes ago, ciderbeans said:

Because Rotherham, Blackburn, burton and Wigan are below us and no matter how bad we are, they will be worse

We won't go down because A, B, C, D and E are an absolute mess and worse than us.

Plays A and loses.

We won't go down because B, C, D and E are an absolute mess and worse than us.

Plays B and loses.

We won't go down because C, D and E are an absolute mess and worse than us.

[repeat]

Its largely irrelevant if we stay up or not as it does not hide Lees incompetence........he still has to go.

Just because there are 4 sh*ttier teams than us and therefore we stay up does not suddenly make Lee a decent manager......its just means we're lucky.

ps...not really sure those four are much worse than us.

8 minutes ago, ciderbeans said:

Because Rotherham, Blackburn, burton and Wigan are below us and no matter how bad we are, they will be worse

Wishful thinking I fear. Looking at the league table we could be in the bottom three within the next game or two and we're bottom of the table on current form. All the other teams are picking up points/wins. Only chance of staying up in my view is if we change manager NOW. 

20   Bristol City 27 -4 27
21   Wigan 27 -8 25

22   Burton 27 -11 25
23   Blackburn 27 -12 25
24   Rotherham 27 -33 16

1 minute ago, Top Robin said:

Its largely irrelevant if we stay up or not as it does not hide Lees incompetence........he still has to go.

Just because there are 4 sh*ttier teams than us and therefore we stay up does not suddenly make Lee a decent manager......its just means we're lucky.

ps...not really sure those four are much worse than us.

Agree completely. No doubt if we stay up LJ will argue progress made, transfer window need, stage of journey completed etc...doesnt hide that he is well out of his depth

10 minutes ago, ciderbeans said:

Wigan have just won their last two, Blackburn won at Newcastle recently and drew with Brum yesterday and even Burton are picking points up despite having a Rovers' sized budget.

You are deluded mate, we will definitely go down without a change at the top.

9 minutes ago, ciderbeans said:

All of these sides are in better form than us; Rotherham have closed a 20 point gap on us to 11 in eight games, Wigan have won their last two, Blackburn have four points from their last three games including a win against Newcastle.

We're the worst team in this league right now based off form; we could absolutly go down.

At the start of this diabolical run Brentford, Preston, Wolves, Ipswich, Cardiff and Forest were all below us. I looked at the upcoming fixtures after the Huddersfield match and thought that at least we should pick up 9 points or so from the games over Christmas and New Year. 

If he doesn't go and go soon I totally believe we're going down.

We're worse than all of them currently. We're falling like a lead balloon looking more and more abject with every passing game.

i don't think he'll get the bullet until we actually drop into the bottom 3. Looking at the fixtures; Wigan don't play next weekend or when we play sheffield Wednesday. Therefore we're not likely to drop into the bottom 3 until we lose to Rotherham by which time Wigan will have a game in hand and will be on the rise, leaving us deep in the brown stuff.

4 minutes ago, marmite said:

Problem is that the teams that were below us keep beating us.

Everyone is beating us right now regardless of their position.

There is no doubt in my mind that unless we change the Head Coach we will be relegated, and that change needs to happen right now.

Whoever comes in will need a bit of time to get their ideas across to a group of players who, whilst more than capable of staying in this league, will be very low on confidence and unsure if, where or why they may be playing from game to game.

The new man in charge needs to settle on a system pick the best 11 for that system and STICK with it. 

All that can be hoped for this season now is survival and just maybe the start of a style of play that can get us somewhere next season other than a relegation fight.

As many have said we should be nowhere near the position we are in given the money spent and the calibre of the squad and its patently clear where the blame lies.

I don't believe for one second that SL will accept relegation, my concern however is that he will stick with LJ for a bit longer, the rot will continue and it will be even harder to recover.

I always felt LJ was totally the wrong man for the job due to his complete lack of experience and questionable success in his two previous jobs. I hope he does go on to have a solid career in management but he wasn't / isn't ready for this level of football at the moment.

9 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Beat those teams and we'll be fine. Problem is we haven't been beating anyone below us but that's the simple way. Beat all four of the teams below us which we are more than capable of. As for the big boys coming up, we'll shock at least one of them I think. 

Delusional 

Realistically, unless those teams mentioned are signficantly worse than the average Championship relegation fodder (and statistics would suggest that with the exception of Rotherham they are not), then they will need 45 points to stay up.

Problem is; so do we.

Over the last 1/4 of a season every single one of the sides mentioned has proven capable of getting more points that we have, and we only need a couple of them (my money is on Wigan and Blackburn) to to that to send us down.

There is nothing measurable to suggest these sides are any worse than we are other than our own belief, and personally; that is once short supply.

Archived