IGNORED

I'm scared

brizzlelou

Totally agreed. The 8 we've lost have been against mediocre opposition. We have to face Newcastle Derby Leeds Villa away plus we have to go to Blackburn and Wigan. We can't even string a pass away from home so how the hell is LJ gonna get us out of that. This is now another relegation battle which is a disgrace considering we have spent more than any club other than Newcastle and Villa! Johnson must go now before we are playing in a half empty stadium in league 1 

5 minutes ago, brizzlelou said:

Worried to death that we are going to be relegated! It's the only outcome with LJ in charge and I just can't see SL getting shot. 

Why so scared or worried. It happens every few years tissue the nature of football. I personally quite like it. It normally brings a new dawn and quiet optimism.

I never really like us being in the championship as it always seems to be a hard slog, rarely enjoy the experience if I am being brutally honest.

30 minutes ago, TRL said:

Why so scared or worried. It happens every few years tissue the nature of football. I personally quite like it. It normally brings a new dawn and quiet optimism.

I never really like us being in the championship as it always seems to be a hard slog, rarely enjoy the experience if I am being brutally honest.

I genuinely struggle to understand fans like yourself not liking being in the championship.

33 minutes ago, TRL said:

I kind of sympathise with this thought. Over the years, we do seem to have struggled at this level overall and it's difficult to enjoy. You can predict the outcome of games these days and are pretty confident that we'll concede after 80 minutes. We seem to be the only club who are consistent at being bad when it does go wrong - like now. At the moment I cannot see us beating anyone in this league and I have no confidence things will change.  Perhaps we have to accept that unless things change at all levels of the club, things like this will always be the way for Bristol City.  Maybe its time i accept our level is perhaps League 1/ struggling at the bottom of the Championship.

I do miss enjoying watching games that we look like winning and putting a good run of results together. Just can't see us doing that these days in this league. Sad times. 

Just now, brizzlelou said:

I genuinely struggle to understand fans like yourself not liking being in the championship.

I would like if if there was a genuine push to progress. But there never is. 

Last time we went up on the back of a refurbished stadium a title and a cup. And we stagnated and lookex relegation certs where we should have been carrying that momentum forward.

To me it doesn't look like the club really wants to progress,it clearly has spent loads on the stadium but will only follow a footballing business model of trying to buy in young talent then sell it on (and it didn't really even do that in the first season back). Fair enough that is the chosen path. 

I like to be entertained  I have never made any bones about it. Every time we have got to this level the football has been pretty unappealing even when we were going for promotion it was pretty turgid backs to the wall stuff. If we played good attractive football at this level great I would be a happy chappy, but we rarely do. And I don't like paying money to be pissed off and bored. I could find far cheaper past times to do shit like that.

55 minutes ago, TRL said:

Afternoon Steve, what's the weather like in Guernsey today.?

1 hour ago, TRL said:

So what is the point of being supporting your team then? Surely the whole point is support the team whatever level they are at? I want us to play at the highest level we can. Yes our times in the Championship is and has been a struggle but I'd rather that than being in League 1 playing uninspiring opposition in uninspiring surroundings. Its the hope that one day we will get it right and get to the promised land of the PL. It may be the case that it never happens but that is the beauty of the madness that is supporting a team like my beloved City!!

Just now, h hills left shoe said:

I've got to admit I'm beginning to think like that! We'll never get anywhere whilst he owns our  Club! 

My thoughts. And have been my thoughts for many years.  Which drove me to a self imposed exile about 3 4 years ago. 

I am not going to bring up all my old posts, they have been done to death with a large percentage disagreeing with them, with only a handful agreeing.

Just now, supercidered said:

So what is the point of being supporting your team then? Surely the whole point is support the team whatever level they are at? I want us to play at the highest level we can. Yes our times in the Championship is and has been a struggle but I'd rather that than being in League 1 playing uninspiring opposition in uninspiring surroundings. Its the hope that one day we will get it right and get to the promised land of the PL. It may be the case that it never happens but that is the beauty of the madness that is supporting a team like my beloved City!!

Ummmmm not sure what you are saying here. Because that kind of argument suggests I wouldn't  watch them in l1 which is the exact opposite of what I said.

I like to be entertained.. see my later post in this thread.

2 minutes ago, TRL said:

My thoughts. And have been my thoughts for many years.  Which drove me to a self imposed exile about 3 4 years ago. 

I am not going to bring up all my old posts, they have been done to death with a large percentage disagreeing with them, with only a handful agreeing.

I haven't seen your old posts but there are a lot of city fans who don't like what's happening to our Club! 

1 minute ago, TRL said:

Ummmmm not sure what you are saying here. Because that kind of argument suggests I wouldn't  watch them in l1 which is the exact opposite of what I said.

I like to be entertained.. see my later post in this thread.

Being relegated to League One won't guarantee that you will be 'entertained'. Last time we were there it was entertaining but who's to say it would be like that next time? If we go down, the team will be ripped to pieces and we would have to start again. A couple of seasons in the Championship struggling and then kicking on after that would get my vote every time.

7 minutes ago, supercidered said:

Being relegated to League One won't guarantee that you will be 'entertained'. Last time we were there it was entertaining but who's to say it would be like that next time? If we go down, the team will be ripped to pieces and we would have to start again. A couple of seasons in the Championship struggling and then kicking on after that would get my vote every time.

It won't I have been going long enough to realise that. But I have never been entertained at this level.. apart from maybe the first season we went up under Jordan. But he jumped ship far too quickly.

Begs the question why did the board and manager let the team stagnate last year and not push on when they had momentum

54 minutes ago, Loco Rojo said:

I kind of sympathise with this thought. Over the years, we do seem to have struggled at this level overall and it's difficult to enjoy. You can predict the outcome of games these days and are pretty confident that we'll concede after 80 minutes. We seem to be the only club who are consistent at being bad when it does go wrong - like now. At the moment I cannot see us beating anyone in this league and I have no confidence things will change.  Perhaps we have to accept that unless things change at all levels of the club, things like this will always be the way for Bristol City.  Maybe its time i accept our level is perhaps League 1/ struggling at the bottom of the Championship.

I do miss enjoying watching games that we look like winning and putting a good run of results together. Just can't see us doing that these days in this league. Sad times. 

Everyone here wants to watch the city win and I get that I really do.

But I'd rather be driving in the championship and work out way up the table like many sides have done now.

I can't fathom why you would want to watch games at Wimbledon etc  

Just now, TRL said:

It won't I have been going long enough to realise that. But I have never been entertained at this level.. apart from maybe the first season we went up under Jordan. But he jumped ship far too quickly.

Begs the question why did the board and manager let the team stagnate last year and not push on when they had momentum

I have to agree with you on most of that and the last sentence is the question I'm sure we have all posed at some point.

2 hours ago, TRL said:

I have to say that is one of the most defeatist posts I have ever read, and that's saying something

Archived