IGNORED

JOHNSON OUT BANNER

OhhhhhhFAMMYFAMMY

Just now, Loon plage said:

Zealot.

If you are comparing John Atyeo with Lee Johnson then that says it all.

By all means stick pro LJ banners up but why on the John Atyeo statue - What is the link?

Zealot? Not at all, just pointing out that the 2 people are clearly holding the banner in front of the statute. Had it been draped over the statue I'd agree with you 100%

Haven't compared LJ to Atyeo so not sure what that comment is all about.

I'm not pro LJ - you overreacted, I pointed it out.

2 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

The fight back begins. . . . 

IMG_0800.JPG

Fightback begins?

Can't be ruled out, but perhaps the 'bannerman's' message is much the same but this time he's used initials so that he could fit it all on.

JOHNSON INCOYR?

JOHNSON Is Nonplussed Clear Off Yonder Rapidly?:dunno:

Could be either, I suppose.  :whistle2: ;)

Just now, glynriley said:

Zealot? Not at all, just pointing out that the 2 people are clearly holding the banner in front of the statute. Had it been draped over the statue I'd agree with you 100%

Haven't compared LJ to Atyeo so not sure what that comment is all about.

I'm not pro LJ - you overreacted, I pointed it out.

Glad we partly agree Glyn.

My view is that pro or anti banners have no place in the same shot as the great man's statue.

Seriously, we do live a delicate state nowadays don't we? So much angst because of a few banners appearing around the city. I daresay it's water off a ducks back to LJ who was disliked by a large proportion of fans as a player and I don't recall it bothering him one jot. If the press hadn't latched onto it it would have stayed on facebook and died a death by Wednesday.

3 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

Glad we partly agree Glyn.

My view is that pro or anti banners have no place in the same shot as the great man's statue.

Seriously, we do live a delicate state nowadays don't we? So much angst because of a few banners appearing around the city. I daresay it's water off a ducks back to LJ who was disliked by a large proportion of fans as a player and I don't recall it bothering him one jot. If the press hadn't latched onto it it would have stayed on facebook and died a death by Wednesday.

Agreed, don't get why people are getting bent out of shape (apart from some of the insults)

At least it shows we care about our club.

1 hour ago, Loon plage said:

Understood - but why use the statue?

Is it somehow saying that he would support LJ? - even a statement by SL wouldn't convince me either way on that.

I am astonished anyone thinks its ok to do that. By all means express your disfavour or favour provided you don't damage property,.

Where next I wonder?

Would you have even wrote this post if it was a Johnson out banner?

I think your reading too much into this. The Winterstoke Road entrance is noe the main entrance of the stadium,  it is a focal point. Have you considered that maybe the statue wasn't purposely included in the picture? It's just in the picture as it's part of the stadium?

We didn't touch the statue of the late, great John Atyeo neither did we mean any disrepect. We just thought that the Johnson Out banners weren't helping with a situation that SL has already appeared on TV about to talk about. Also, the use of the word 'midget' just seemed like downright bullying to us, and lastly, not everyone is on the side of 'Johnson Out' and were being spoken for by those banners. Hopefully these banners will give everyone a lift and we can climb back up the table. COYR!

41 minutes ago, BRISTOLCITY26 said:

We didn't touch the statue of the late, great John Atyeo neither did we mean any disrepect. We just thought that the Johnson Out banners weren't helping with a situation that SL has already appeared on TV about to talk about. Also, the use of the word 'midget' just seemed like downright bullying to us, and lastly, not everyone is on the side of 'Johnson Out' and were being spoken for by those banners. Hopefully these banners will give everyone a lift and we can climb back up the table. COYR!

Even though I'm in the Johnson out camp I do think it would be good if we did the bounce around the ground song tommorow  as the teams come out . Might give the team a bit of a lift 

On 22/01/2017 at 14:45, NickJ said:

Found it on another site:

post-1-0-77034000-1485095681.jpg

Haven't even read the first page of this thread so please for give me if someone has beaten me to it…  But this banner could be announcing the fact that Wickes stock of Johnston's paint have diminished to zero. 

On 26/01/2017 at 10:27, Benjam!n Ultra said:

Me thinks LJ supporters will look back on these last couple of weeks with embarrassment after he's relegated us/when he's finally pushed.  

Blind faith to the extreme. 

I won't... but then I support the club, who's in charge is immaterial.. Managers come and go... Plus City have been in much more 'embarrassing' situations like 

However, it would be great to see LJ turn it around obviously for the good of this club but also to shut his detractors up

Hun YouYou

4 hours ago, Up The City! said:

4 hours ago, Up The City! said:

Would you have even wrote this post if it was a Johnson out banner?

I think your reading too much into this. The Winterstoke Road entrance is noe the main entrance of the stadium,  it is a focal point. Have you considered that maybe the statue wasn't purposely included in the picture? It's just in the picture as it's part of the stadium?

You may not believe me but I would feel the same way regardless of which "faction".

Johnson will still be here in May......we must come to terms with this.....even if it means League 1 football.

I'm not happy about it either but whilst SL supports LJ we have no real influence......writing someones name on a sheet is 

1. A waste of at least £6

2. Waste of the paint.

3. A waste of effort.

4. Makes SL dig his heels in further....to be seen not to be swayed by the fans

I am deeply depressed loosing week in week out......but know that when the good times start to roll that they will feel very special indeed. 

Buck up and support BCFC!

(COYRs)

6 minutes ago, MelksRed said:

Johnson will still be here in May......we must come to terms with this.....even if it means League 1 football.

I'm not happy about it either but whilst SL supports LJ we have no real influence......writing someones name on a sheet is 

1. A waste of at least £6

2. Waste of the paint.

3. A waste of effort.

4. Makes SL dig his heels in further....to be seen not to be swayed by the fans

I am deeply depressed loosing week in week out......but know that when the good times start to roll that they will feel very special indeed. 

Buck up and support BCFC!

(COYRs)

Jesus wept

On 28/01/2017 at 17:02, BcFcOneLove said:

The person who did it went live on Facebook. Everyone knows who he is, so bore off you wet drip!

1. Did he go live on Facebook before I made that post?

2. Clearly, everyone doesn't know who he is.. have you even read the posts on this topic?

3. "bore off you wet drip!" do you always insult people for having an opinion?

Archived