IGNORED

And now Hollowhead hates LJ

Esmond Million's Bung

From our good friends at Bristolpost.

20:01  Some developments in the Luke Freeman saga...

...and QPR boss Ian Holloway has hammered Lee Johnson and Bristol City over the winger.

Freeman has been linked with Rangers but has been offered a new deal at City, which he is yet to sign. 

“I think that’s gone. We had a chance to do something and they didn’t want our offer,” Holloway told West London Sport.

“They’ve let it out at the wrong amount, I know what I offered. A Bristol City fan shouted at me in his car when I was down in Bristol. But get your facts right.

“The fact is if you’re letting your players run out of contract and you’ve only got six months to go then that’s your fault, not anybody else’s.

“They’ve said all sorts of things and their manager has made statements about it.

“If you’ve turned down an offer from someone, why do you have to go out and talk about it? It don’t make sense.”

4 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Jesus H Christ does anyone understand ******* irony it ain't ******* difficult FFS.

Irony is used to usually convey the opposite of what one says and I do not think for one moment that Ian Holloway loves Lee Johnson or Bristol City. Perhaps you meant sarcasm?

5 minutes ago, bpexile said:

For once I agree with Hollowhead, sad isn't it ? :facepalm:

He's right. Of course he is. 

But like father like son the mess around with the careers of players who exercise heir right to let their contract run down. 

Orr, Basso, Freeman... not committed, not part of "the group" according to the Johnsons. 

The Freeman saga is one of many examples that Johnson has not got it as a manager.

Before being omitted from the squad, he was one of our better players. My opinion of course but clearly Johnson at the very least thought he was worthy of a regular starting place.

Then he drops Freeman, because the player would not commit to an extended contract, even saying something like Freeman had had to make a decision soon. Why? Freeman has a contract until the summer and its up to him if he signs an extension.

Whether he intends to sign or not, he appeared committed in every game.

Now though we have a decent player being paid to twiddle his thumbs. Madness.

3 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

OK well in that case I respect your opinion that Ian Holloway might love Lee Johnson. Perhaps you would respect mine by not mouthing off.

1 minute ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

No need for that, we're all on the same side...

it's called defending oneself from inaccuracies about an obvious ironic post (well ironic to most people) and coming at the end of another tense day in the life of BCFC.

Goodnight.

15 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

it's called defending oneself from inaccuracies about an obvious ironic post (well ironic to most people) and coming at the end of another tense day in the life of BCFC.

Goodnight.

Sadly because most people don't get irony and so when a correct interpretation is made of a remark, as I did, some people get mouthy or get into a strop. At the very least I appreciate exactly why you did.

22 minutes ago, NickJ said:

The Freeman saga is one of many examples that Johnson has not got it as a manager.

Before being omitted from the squad, he was one of our better players. My opinion of course but clearly Johnson at the very least thought he was worthy of a regular starting place.

Then he drops Freeman, because the player would not commit to an extended contract, even saying something like Freeman had had to make a decision soon. Why? Freeman has a contract until the summer and its up to him if he signs an extension.

Whether he intends to sign or not, he appeared committed in every game.

Now though we have a decent player being paid to twiddle his thumbs. Madness.

Seems like a reasonable assessment assuming Freeman had not fallen out with his boss. And if that were the case such fallings out are becoming rather expensive.

1 minute ago, havanatopia said:

Sadly because most people don't get irony and so when a correct interpretation is made of a remark, as I did, some people get mouthy or get into a strop. At the very least I appreciate exactly why you did.

Not in your original reply you didn't, you attempted to pooh pooh me (that's sarcasm by the way) Which is (and note the word irony):- 

sarcasm
ˈsɑːkaz(ə)m/
noun

1. the use of irony to mock or convey contempt.

Do you think this is a unilateral decision by LJ or that MA and SL agree with this approach? Remember that player recruitment and contracts are not all LJ's responsibility - maybe MA and SL agree that this approach is better to try and get players to commit before the transfer deadline closes. Similar to the Mickey Naynard situation - sign or get out.

8 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Not in your original reply you didn't, you attempted to pooh pooh me (that's sarcasm by the way) Which is (and note the word irony):- 

sarcasm
ˈsɑːkaz(ə)m/
noun

1. the use of irony to mock or convey contempt.

No I was not being sarcastic, at all. I was plainly disagreeing with you because I did not read your original post, correctly, as irony.

To be clear according to the Oxford English Dictionary:- 

IRONY:-

The expression of one's meaning by using language that normally signifies the opposite, typically for humorous or emphatic effect:

‘‘Don't go overboard with the gratitude,’ he rejoined with heavy irony’

Like I said.. most people, truthfully, get irony wrong certainly on this forum and I am sure I have made that error in my lifetime, quite easy to do. If you are sticking with your line that you wrote irony then you misinterpreted its meaning. Not trying to put you down but since you mouthed off about it I am compelled to at least try and point this out. Clearly you meant irony i know that much.

Now get to bed mate, its past your bed time.. i think that is sarcasm or maybe patronising crap.

Archived