IGNORED

Gesture

ollywhyte

3 hours ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Sorry to be pedantic but when did I say no other set of fans would be as supportive as us?

I said no other sets of fans would be supportive after our run. Sunderland fans are awesome and i praised them when that new sunderland fan joined the forum, so that puts to be your theory of me thinking we show the best support. Also that was over ten years ago and managerial careers are even shorter.

People who make stuff up is usually something you would associate with a rovers fan....meow

No worries, apologies if I misunderstood. 

I just thought when you said 'turning up in the cold defeat after defeat is support. No other fans would be supportive after our run!' meant that you thought we are showing support that no other club's fans would show after eight consecutive defeats. That's why I used the Sunderland example to show that other fans are just as supportive as us.

I didn't 'make anything up either' and I'm not sure why the fact that Sunderland's 17 consecutive defeats were over ten years ago is relevant? Their fans were still more than 'supportive.'

Anyway, as I said, i apologise if I've misunderstood anything, and you are correct in that we have shown lots of support during this dismal run...

31 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

No worries, apologies if I misunderstood. 

I just thought when you said 'turning up in the cold defeat after defeat is support. No other fans would be supportive after our run!' meant that you thought we are showing support that no other club's fans would show after eight consecutive defeats. That's why I used the Sunderland example to show that other fans are just as supportive as us.

I didn't 'make anything up either' and I'm not sure why the fact that Sunderland's 17 consecutive defeats were over ten years ago is relevant? Their fans were still more than 'supportive.'

Anyway, as I said, i apologise if I've misunderstood anything, and you are correct in that we have shown lots of support during this dismal run...

No worries mate :thumbsup:. Didnt want you thinking I was a delusional fan. Just feel the last thing we need is to claim some fans aren't supporting the team. 

We aren't the only ones going through a turbulent time and as was said already other clubs would love to be fighting for a chance to stay in this league!

The one positive I can see which i also find slightly weird is that we have not been hammered yet. All games by a single goal deficit apart from the brighton game?

1 minute ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

No worries mate :thumbsup:. Didnt want you thinking I was a delusional fan. Just feel the last thing we need is to claim we some fans aren't supporting the team. 

We aren't the only ones going through a turbulent time and as was said already other clubs would love to be fighting for a chance to stay in this league!

The one positive I can see which i also find slightly weird is that we have not been hammered yet. All games by a single goal defecit apart from the brighton game?

That's a good point, and it's all I've got to hold onto! We ain't been stuffed yet! Not that it makes much difference, but at least it shows we are competing in most games...

5 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

That's not strictly true, Sunderland lost 17 consecutive games in 2002/2003 and averaged 37,000 at home games. 

I agree though that our dedication and support through this poor run has been admirable but we aren't suddenly the best fans in the land.

Fans of teams like Rochdale have my absolute respect, they've never been above the bottom two divisions, they are close to huge clubs yet they support their local club week in, week out. That's proper support and they can only dream about playing league games against teams like Newcastle and Villa, we are in a much more privileged position.

Sorry to disagree with you but with all due respect, saying no other set of fans would be as supportive as us is something you usually hear from a Rovers fan...

That's coz there's **** all else to do in Rochdale! 

19 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

That's a good point, and it's all I've got to hold onto! We ain't been stuffed yet! Not that it makes much difference, but at least it shows we are competing in most games...

Would have been good to have a couple of draws a long the way at least........Now im getting greedy.....

26 minutes ago, Lucan said:

Nobody is making you go.

Awful idea

Indeed no one is making me go. That's what I'm waking up at 5am on Saturday morning to drive from Plymouth to Bristol, before jumping on a CATS coach to Burnley. It's a passion and no matter how poorly we play, or how strongly I feel I struggle to stay away. Original post was tongue firmly in cheek, but would be welcome nonetheless. I will be spending the best past of £60 to get to Burnley this weekend, an extortionate amount of money to watch us in our current predicament, but I'll go with the same enthusiasm and naive hope that this could be our turning point! 

On 24/01/2017 at 19:51, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

No it isn't good enough. Only Shed man would have applauded that.

Although our new £47,000,000 Stadium is perhaps good enough... 

Having said that, I'm not sure that SL financing an £700,000 per month net loss and spending £10,000,000 on new players is enough when that short ass skinflint isn't paying my mortgage.

I'm with the skint young OP on this one cos we all accept that whilst you're young you know everything and it's only when you get to the  @Aizoon age bracket that you realise you know nuffink.

Sadly true, and Horace is beginning to go that way too :(

Archived