IGNORED

Burnley

ollywhyte

Was going to go. Loss to Forest killed that. Cheap ticket but I don't fancy going up and back the same day. Would've stayed Friday and Saturday night in Manchester but couldn't part with the money for City at present. If it was Birmingham or south of there I would've. 

Every time I see Burnley I'm reminded of the shameful treatment Sean Dyche received when he was a player at our club.  To think that had he been shown more consideration and understanding by certain sections of our "support" when he was battling against s serious knee injury, there may have been a chance he could be our manager instead of Burnley's.  We really are at times our own worst enemies.   

47 minutes ago, Hampshire Red said:

Can't wait to see a proper club with a one- team town getting behind their team

Wonder if their fans acted like most on this forum when Sean Dyche was given a contract extension as he was taking them down?

From the prem, where he took them.

• Admin
58 minutes ago, Hampshire Red said:

Can't wait to see a proper club with a one- team town getting behind their team

Wonder if their fans acted like most on this forum when Sean Dyche was given a contract extension as he was taking them down?

Yes they did

3 hours ago, Malago said:

Every time I see Burnley I'm reminded of the shameful treatment Sean Dyche received when he was a player at our club.  To think that had he been shown more consideration and understanding by certain sections of our "support" when he was battling against s serious knee injury, there may have been a chance he could be our manager instead of Burnley's.  We really are at times our own worst enemies.   

Very hypothetical 

1 hour ago, Olé said:

Yes. Although the train service around Burnley is absolutely third world. How on earth can it take an hour to travel 25 miles from Preston.

It's slightly quicker if you go via Leeds, and quite a bit quicker from Manchester Victoria. I'm going via Manchester - into Piccadilly late morning, quick pub lunch in between Piccadilly and Victoria, then onward to Burnley.

EDIT: assuming you're travelling from London, that is!

2 hours ago, Olé said:

Yes. Although the train service around Burnley is absolutely third world. How on earth can it take an hour to travel 25 miles from Preston.

Because Burnley is Third World?

Been there twice, chased both times by a group of what looked like EDF, a really horrible place, it makes Stoke look like San Francisco..

Archived