IGNORED

Demonstration

Redmycolour

2 minutes ago, Fiale said:

I don't think fans on the whole feel confident booing or chanting for someone to be sacked. Maybe waving a white hankerchief to show displeasure at how things are might work though. A I am not going to be nasty, boo or shout at you, but I am waving this to show I am not happy !

How many of us own a white hankie? I did used to keep one under the bed in the old days.

1 minute ago, Sixtyseconds said:

Could try entering the ground on your knees in protest at you know who.

Over at sky sports ...

"What is going on Kammy?"

"I don't know Geoff, the game has not kicked off, they are all on their knees ...."

That would confuse the players. That normally happens at the final whistle

• Admin
8 minutes ago, ooRya said:

Do you want City to win on Tuesday, and if so do you really think any kind of demonstration is going to help with that?

I fully understand people want to show their opinions, even if I don't agree with them, but why not just do that on here? It's clear that Steve Lansdown etc are aware of the anger/frustration that's going around, that's why he came out yesterday with his statements.

Yes we all want City to win otherwise why would we be there?

As for SL being aware of the anger/frustrations - I don't think he actually aware

43 minutes ago, chipdawg said:

Given that some believe SL has intimated that Johnson will be given another few games to turn it round, wouldn't it be better to actually get behind the team and lift them? Give him and them no excuses and if it doesn't get better then that in itself will increase the pressure on the board to make a change

Every time OTIB decides a manager needs to go (and it is generally not without justification) people seem to start devoting their whole purpose to removing the person they see responsible rather than supporting the team. No matter what some of you say in moments of petulance, if City win the next three matches the majority of the animosity towards LJ melts away. I don't want to see Johnson sacked, I want to see the team start winning again. If the former facilitates the latter then so be it, but Lee Johnson being sacked should not be an aim, it should be potentially part of a process

Totally agree. This place gets more like the French Revolution. It's frustrating and really hurts but creating more chaos will only make matters worse.

1 minute ago, ooRya said:

None of us will win unless the Owner, Management, Players and Supporters all stand together.

Thta's what Rovers do, put up with anything and everything because it woudl be disloyal to do otherwise.

That is why they have suffered so badly over the years; Higgs nearly broke that club with his watertight contract rubbish and mortgaging their future with wonga loans and if there were any protests well I didn't notice them.

Steve L has bought a lot of this on himself. I honestly think he's being selfish and putting his own reputation ahead of that of LJ. OK it hasn't worked out for LJ for one reason or another, however he has given his best and he doesn't deserve the amount of grief he is going to get over the coming matches. He is on a hiding to nothing. He's literally thrown him to the wolves by letting him continue. 

18 minutes ago, redmycolour said:

Well I thought it was I good idea.looks like LJ followers win.wont bother.

And this just about sums it up.

Doesn't even make sense.

Through thick - and some seem to be - and thin.

But you and the others go ahead. Put up your banners. Crawl into the ground on your knees. After 8 minutes or 82. Or turn your backs. Or sing outside the ground.

Or perhaps get behind the club you support. I know what I'll be doing.

6 minutes ago, jimgoeswest said:

Steve L has bought a lot of this on himself. I honestly think he's being selfish and putting his own reputation ahead of that of LJ. OK it hasn't worked out for LJ for one reason or another, however he has given his best and he doesn't deserve the amount of grief he is going to get over the coming matches. He is on a hiding to nothing. He's literally thrown him to the wolves by letting him continue. 

Correct me if i'm wrong but isn't it something 13 defeats in 16 matches and you refer to the "grief" that LJ is going to get? We are going down as things stand. I base that purely on our form over the past few months and i';m afraid that LJ is the man ultimately responsible. I see nothing to give even a glimmer of hope whilst the current head coach is in place. SL has stood by his man, the reasons for which we don't know for sure. What does seem likely though is that if we get dicked by Wednesday things will get more unpleasant, and that situation will grow worse for as long as the situation remains.

It is genuinely upsetting to see so much discord amongst fans and if we go down, then I would not be surprised to see fans of 20/30/40 years "jogging on" as they have been encouraged to do on this forum.

Im not sure incidentally what is meant by SL's "reputation" if it is as a football club owner then his reputation surely isn't all that is it? Certainly he doesn't learn from past mistakes and looks to have ****** up on the rugby side of things too by sticking with his man for too long.

I suspect thousands will suffer in silence rather than either demonstrate or shout themselves hoarse. The anxiety and anger are to be expected from fans of a club sliding down a tier when we are not some plucky little side playing with league 2 performers on a shoestring. Of course there are bigger clubs than us in the championship. There are also plenty with less resources who are doing far better.

That is why Mr Lansdown will not get the unconditional love he craves for himself or his coach, and will have to settle for whatever he gets this time i'm afraid.

44 minutes ago, Super said:

How many of us own a white hankie? I did used to keep one under the bed in the old days.

Super, had a pack of 3 white hankies from my daughter at Xmas. Amazing the presents you get when you pass 65. In my younger days a pack of 3 was something else but I suppose we could blow them up and let them go :laughcont:

28 minutes ago, jimgoeswest said:

Could not agree with this more.

• Admin
27 minutes ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

And this just about sums it up.

Doesn't even make sense.

Through thick - and some seem to be - and thin.

But you and the others go ahead. Put up your banners. Crawl into the ground on your knees. After 8 minutes or 82. Or turn your backs. Or sing outside the ground.

Or perhaps get behind the club you support. I know what I'll be doing.

Assume you have been home and away over the past few months?

You'd see first hand that the supporters ARE behind the team - for the life of me I can't understand why people KEEP using that line!?!?

1 hour ago, redmycolour said:

What your speaking for 80% of supporters are you. I think they should speak for themselves 

And you're speaking for 80% of supporters? A figure you've just made up out of thin air.

How about spending your energy supporting the team.

In your words...'He's ran out of ideals.makes stupid subs.shell I go on'... and you want people to take you seriously...:facepalm:

I'd rather see Supporters demonstrate against the rats who actually call themselves 'Supporters'. They can all **** off as far as I'm concerned, Club doesn't need people that make 'Stupid ideals'...:grr::facepalm: FFS...have a word with yourself...

Archived