IGNORED

Next 3 games - what do you predict?

robc

OK. It looks likely that the next 3 games will decide Lee Johnson's immediate future. What do you think will happen? My view is that City's seemingly unerring ability to lose to teams on a bad run themselves will kick in yet again.

I reckon the following:

Burnley Cup (Away) - a creditable performance by City against the Burnley Reserve team ending up in a defeat by two goals, perhaps 0-2 or 1-3

Sheffield Wednesday (Home) - a confidence boosting (or so it seems) draw against the promotion chasers maybe 0-0 or 1-1

Rotherham (Home) - an abject defeat at the hands of the no hopers - perhaps 1-2 or even 1-3

If I am right, and Steve Lansdown had known this before yesterday's 'vote of confidence', would he have still given it? I very much doubt it.

The thing that I cannot get out of my head is that the mantra that Lee, as a young manager, 'will learn from his mistakes' is plainly wrong because he had a similar terrible run at Barnsley. Moreover, I cannot for the life of me see how any manager aspiring to be successful in the Premiership can ever have had two such spectacular losing streaks on his CV.

All of that said, I hope that I am wrong because otherwise we'll be in the bottom 3 after Rotherham - and the transfer window will be shut for the season!

13 minutes ago, robc said:

reckon the following:

Burnley Cup (Away) - a creditable performance by City against the Burnley Reserve team ending up in a defeat by two goals, perhaps 0-2 or 1-3

Sheffield Wednesday (Home) - a confidence boosting (or so it seems) draw against the promotion chasers maybe 0-0 or 1-1

Rotherham (Home) - an abject defeat at the hands of the no hopers - perhaps 1-2 or even 1-3

Exactly what i am predicting on another thread. LDL. And gone.

Well hypotheticals are always fun...

So our up coming games are

ScreenShot_20170124140328.png

Burnley I think is a nothing game, we are not expected to win it, no pressure really - but I still expect a loss.

Sheffield Wednesday, cannot see us beating them, so sadly a loss.

Rotherham, a poor team, though they have managed to win 3 games in their last 10 so are actually in better form than us. They also have to play a poor Forest side before us, if they win that they will be confident against us. Regardless we should beat them.

Derby, Leeds, Fulham, Newcastle, Aston Villa - 15 points available, maybe the win against Rotherham will give us some confidence against them - but reality is I can see 5 straight defeats there. 

So 1 win in the next seven, 3 points out of 21 -

of course we could go on to win all these games and be in the playoffs by March - so is the nature of this crazy game.....

• Admin
8 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

Not concerned with Burnley - put the under 18's out.

I expect nil points from Wednesday and Rotherham and sod all from all the five away games to follow.

Pessimist? No just realistic. We couldn't punch our way out of a paper bag.

Sadly nothing over the past weeks to argue with that

Let's just hope SL has given a rallying call inside the dressing room as well as the supporters !!

48 minutes ago, robc said:

OK. It looks likely that the next 3 games will decide Lee Johnson's immediate future. What do you think will happen? My view is that City's seemingly unerring ability to lose to teams on a bad run themselves will kick in yet again.

I reckon the following:

If I am right, and Steve Lansdown had known this before yesterday's 'vote of confidence', would he have still given it? I very much doubt it.

The thing that I cannot get out of my head is that the mantra that Lee, as a young manager, 'will learn from his mistakes' is plainly wrong because he had a similar terrible run at Barnsley. Moreover, I cannot for the life of me see how any manager aspiring to be successful in the Premiership can ever have had two such spectacular losing streaks on his CV.

All of that said, I hope that I am wrong because otherwise we'll be in the bottom 3 after Rotherham - and the transfer window will be shut for the season!

Lose at Burnley (a'free game for Lee),lose V Wednesday,beat Rotherham which will buy Lee a bit more time...

I'm afraid that we'll be given a lesson in finishing this weekend at Burnley like we were last season...just can't see us troubling them at all.

As for the following two home games, I'm hoping for positive results but expecting the worst...so, two more L's to be added to the previous 8.

Wednesday are a decent outfit and will cause us trouble down the flanks (our Achilles heel) with Bannan running the show from the middle of the park. We don't offer much as an attacking force and I think we'll struggle in the middle against them and as such we won't be able to support Tammy and Djuric.

As for Rotherham; my head says we'll dominate the game but ROD will have a blinder and they'll come away with a sneaky 0-1 win after scoring in the last minute. 

I so hope I'm wrong.

1 hour ago, BCFC_Dan said:

Draw 0-0 or lose 1-0 at Burnley.

Lose 3-2 to Wednesday but from 3-0 down, showing great spirit and nearly equalising at the end after 20 minutes of solid pressure.

Beat Rotherham 5-0.

Then 11 points from 15 in the 5 games after that.

Such a nice chap, didn't know you did drugs Dan

Lose against Burnley and Sheffield Wednesday. Chants of "Your getting sacked in the morning" by the Sheffield fans proves to be true as LJ get the push Wednesday morning. City then get the dead cat bounce to convincingly beat Rothetham. 

1 hour ago, Fiale said:

Well hypotheticals are always fun...

So our up coming games are

ScreenShot_20170124140328.png

Burnley I think is a nothing game, we are not expected to win it, no pressure really - but I still expect a loss.

Sheffield Wednesday, cannot see us beating them, so sadly a loss.

Rotherham, a poor team, though they have managed to win 3 games in their last 10 so are actually in better form than us. They also have to play a poor Forest side before us, if they win that they will be confident against us. Regardless we should beat them.

Derby, Leeds, Fulham, Newcastle, Aston Villa - 15 points available, maybe the win against Rotherham will give us some confidence against them - but reality is I can see 5 straight defeats there. 

So 1 win in the next seven, 3 points out of 21 -

of course we could go on to win all these games and be in the playoffs by March - so is the nature of this crazy game.....

One of the most frustrating aspects of our recent results is that this Championship is not really filled with top teams playing jaw dropping football.

We really should n't be afraid of anyone , and yet .

We have the players to hurt the opposition if we are set up right .

Archived