IGNORED

Reclaim the East End - PETITION

phantom

51 minutes ago, Kim_il_sung said:

You mean to sit in silence and occasionally grumble? :P

In all seriousness though, people should be able to support their team in any way they wish without criticism. If people dont want to stand or sing then thats fine and nobody has a right to judge. But personally I think that the atmosphere of the stadium is the most important part of the matchday experience and should take priority over other things, even if it does inconvenience a few folk in the short term. So if some end up having to move to another section to create a better singing area then so be it. In my opinion anyway.

Of course if all this had been properly thought through before the new stand opened, we wouldnt be having to discuss it now. But thats Bristol City FC.

I'm Atyeo myself and agree Kim.

31 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

I'm not acoustic engineer, but isn't the loudest sounding section of the ground going to be the one with the lowest roof - and that's not the South Stand.

Yes. Its called reverberation time. Although building materials can lower the RT if they absorb sound rather than be reflective.

2 hours ago, pongo88 said:

The reality is a standing section in the middle of the South Stand is  pretty daft idea as, has been pointed out by cidered abroad, the other blocks would continue to have to stand when play is in the corners. It would also mean moving a lot of season ticket holders who want to sit. The club's suggestion seems be moving the standing section (they can't call it that, so it's called the singing section) to the corner of the South Stand. This would cause minimum disruption and not block the view of those who wish to sit. Why don't those who started the petition just accept this?

This is what I've pretty much gathered - and I'm assuming they mean the current family area (coincidentally where I sit with my boys). What I haven't seen yet is where they propose to relocate the family area to? @Dollymarie are you or anybody else able to shed light on this? If the current group of atyeo ST holders are being consulted, surely it would be reasonable to consult the other group that will be affected as well?

46 minutes ago, semblar said:

This is what I've pretty much gathered - and I'm assuming they mean the current family area (coincidentally where I sit with my boys). What I haven't seen yet is where they propose to relocate the family area to? @Dollymarie are you or anybody else able to shed light on this? If the current group of atyeo ST holders are being consulted, surely it would be reasonable to consult the other group that will be affected as well?

Totally agree it seems the current SS season ticket holders  have to just put up with it.

• SC&T Board Members
4 minutes ago, London expats said:

Totally agree it seems the current SS season ticket holders  have to just put up with it.

As recorded in the minutes of the last SC&T meeting, which followed a meeting earlier that day between BS and Atyeo fans, it is the intention of BS to consult with ST holders in that area before a final decision is taken on any possible relocation.

6 minutes ago, London expats said:

The current vocal section had to put up with not being welcomed in the South Stand and most of them would have been in the East End.

Surely you can see the desparate need for an atmosphere AG needs? Sticking a small singing section next to a, more of than not, far larger away crowd whilst three other stands sit in near silence does not help at all.

My question is absolutely nothing to do with improving the atmosphere, something which (believe it or not) I support. It is also all very well to be "consulted in due course - but it appears that others are already being consulted and it is unsettling to "know" that they are likely to be stood/sat where we are currently with no idea on what that will mean for us and the others in that corner.

If this impression is true (I may be mistaken...) then it only reinforces the "Us and them, singers Vs Library" perception, precisely at the time when we should be maximising our collective efforts to support the team in turning round the current results instead of feeling like there are some groups which are seen as better than others

27 minutes ago, semblar said:

My question is absolutely nothing to do with improving the atmosphere, something which (believe it or not) I support. It is also all very well to be "consulted in due course - but it appears that others are already being consulted and it is unsettling to "know" that they are likely to be stood/sat where we are currently with no idea on what that will mean for us and the others in that corner.

If this impression is true (I may be mistaken...) then it only reinforces the "Us and them, singers Vs Library" perception, precisely at the time when we should be maximising our collective efforts to support the team in turning round the current results instead of feeling like there are some groups which are seen as better than others

They need to work out if/where the Atyeo st holders will be moved to before they can consult with anyone affected though or how would they know who will be affected?

55 minutes ago, JHAGa said:

The current vocal section had to put up with not being welcomed in the South Stand and most of them would have been in the East End.

Surely you can see the desparate need for an atmosphere AG needs? Sticking a small singing section next to a, more of than not, far larger away crowd whilst three other stands sit in near silence does not help at all.

We don't 'sit in near silence'. Please can you stop making out that everyone other than those sat in the Atyeo don't make a noise. It does your cause absolutely no favours whatsoever in trying to garner support for any proposed move.

13 minutes ago, lenred said:

We don't 'sit in near silence'. Please can you stop making out that everyone other than those sat in the Atyeo don't make a noise. It does your cause absolutely no favours whatsoever in trying to garner support for any proposed move.

I don't and haven't sat in the Atyeo since before the EE was knocked down. I'm not biased.

I don't claim that the Atyeo section is very loud, but they're the only ones attempting to make an atmosphere for the most part. To pretend the Ashton Gate atmosphere is not awful is delusional.

6 minutes ago, JHAGa said:

I don't and haven't sat in the Atyeo since before the EE was knocked down. I'm not biased.

I don't claim that the Atyeo section is very loud, but they're the only ones attempting to make an atmosphere for the most part. To pretend the Ashton Gate atmosphere is not awful is delusional.

I think it depends where you are sat personally so I don't think I'm delusional by any stretch. I'm in the SS and I think it can be pretty good on occasion as I've got a fair few around me who like to get behind the team vocally. But it can  be improved upon as a whole I agree. An improvement in performances on the pitch would certainly help that's for sure. 

4 minutes ago, lenred said:

I think it depends where you are sat personally so I don't think I'm delusional by any stretch. I'm in the SS and I think it can be pretty good on occasion as I've got a fair few around me who like to get behind the team vocally. But it can  be improved upon as a whole I agree. An improvement in performances on the pitch would certainly help that's for sure. 

it is generally terrible. 

But once the SS gets going it is loud.

3 hours ago, Blagdon red said:

As recorded in the minutes of the last SC&T meeting, which followed a meeting earlier that day between BS and Atyeo fans, it is the intention of BS to consult with ST holders in that area before a final decision is taken on any possible relocation.

Would be interesting to see what the take up was if they offered SS season ticket holders the opportunity to move to upper lansdown for the same price, Then singers may be able to go behind the goal !

I think it should read "Reclaim a home end" which includes being behind the goal for our more noisy type of fan.

The East end has gone and the community that was once in there are spread out round the ground or given up.

Those in the Atyeo are still trying but they need to be being the goal and let things grow from there.

Build a kop not a corner.

2 hours ago, JHAGa said:

No they are not, that's the sort of thing that chucks all the goodwill out of the window

4 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

No they are not, that's the sort of thing that chucks all the goodwill out of the window

? Are you saying that the Atyeo section aren't attempting to make an atmosphere more than the rest of the ground. It's pretty much impossible to deny that. Like I said, I don't even sit in that section and they aren't incredible loud but they at least try and it doesn't help that they're tucked away in a corner away from most of the support.

I was in the Dolman for the last home game as I fancied a change. I'm not the one to shout too much but I like to give encouragement to the lads or grief to the ref if I don't agree now and then. 

But the amount of looks I received at the game was disappointing, it's not football anymore and Ashton Gate isn't the same as it was. 

One bloke put ear muffs on his son! It's just like going to a movie theatre for some.

12 hours ago, CotswoldRed said:

It would only take one person in every section to take that view and we could never change a thing. 

I bought a ticket in an all seater stadium and so I don't feel why I should be forced to stand by the rules not being applied. 

Would you be happy sitting next to someone smoking for 90 minutes thus forcing you to do the same? 

I don't care if it's seen as selfish tbh, if I'd purchased a ticket for a standing section then fine, but until then....! In my book it's a hell of a lot more selfish to knowingly block someone's view for 90 minutes by standing in a seated stadium.

For the record I'm 100% behind a 'singing section'. But we all know that means a 'standing, singing section' and that's a different argument. 

1 hour ago, Lew-T said:

I was in the Dolman for the last home game as I fancied a change. I'm not the one to shout too much but I like to give encouragement to the lads or grief to the ref if I don't agree now and then. 

But the amount of looks I received at the game was disappointing, it's not football anymore and Ashton Gate isn't the same as it was. 

One bloke put ear muffs on his son! It's just like going to a movie theatre for some.

That's why some of our complacent fanbase want to give that nice Mr Johnson another chance. FFS.

6 minutes ago, CHIPLEY RED said:

When the old EE was shut to build the South Stand the season ticket holders were given the option to move to another stand.

When the South Stand opened those who moved from the EE decided (mostly) not to return but move into the Atyeo.

Why the sudden urge to move to the South Stand?

We weren't given the option in the South Stand of having an unreserved area with a more relaxed attitude to standing/language. The Atyeo was therefore the only choice given we could have that in there. 

The Atyeo is unlikely to remain in its current state for very much longer and so those of us who want the above would like a permanent home. We've moved 6 times in 5 seasons. It's got to stop. :) 

Archived