IGNORED

Reclaim the East End - PETITION

phantom

Whatever the rights and wrongs, I would be absolutely gutted to lose my seat behind the goal in S22. That's where it started for me back in the 80s and, whilst not always possible, I have always preferred watching my football from behind the goal ever since. When I took my seat in the new stand with my boy and the rest of our gang of 18, I remember thinking/hoping that would be us forever and being anywhere else in the stadium just wouldn't be the same now

19 minutes ago, reddoh said:

I saw that but you still haven't said what planet ?

living in peace and harmony on – and inside – a small, hollow planet, far, far away, nourished by Blue String Pudding, and Green Soup harvested from the planet's volcanic soup wells by the Soup Dragon.

Just now, citysimmo said:

Whatever the rights and wrongs, I would be absolutely gutted to lose my seat behind the goal in S22. That's where it started for me back in the 80s and, whilst not always possible, I have always preferred watching my football from behind the goal ever since. When I took my seat in the new stand with my boy and the rest of our gang of 18, I remember thinking/hoping that would be us forever and being anywhere else in the stadium just wouldn't be the same now

Genuine question, what difference would sitting on the opppsite side of the SS make?

Just now, exAtyeoMax said:

living in peace and harmony on – and inside – a small, hollow planet, far, far away, nourished by Blue String Pudding, and Green Soup harvested from the planet's volcanic soup wells by the Soup Dragon.

if you ever want to have a meal in the restaurant at the end of the universe let me know (think I will disappoint you)(should have said Know) would have typed sorry yet again can whistle but can't type but I may have dropped a clanger there

I've been told that blocks s24/25 will be used for the Atyeo ST holders with he family stand being moved to fist 2 blocks of upper Lansdown stand. 

Think getting the core vocal support into the connection between the 2 most populated home stands would be a good plan as there are several pockets of people in SS that do try and get the atmosphere going and on occasion when it does there's a decent noise. 

4 hours ago, Red Army Faction said:

It is special treatment.  Someone thinks they are more deserving to sit in my seat than me.

Not exactly, it's the club that wants the move really. It obviously makes sense commercially. The s82 group declined exploring a move to the upper dolman for this season in case it displaced people. It really isn't that group who want to cause inconvenience.

4 hours ago, Red Army Faction said:

Personally, I sing and support (yes support) the team every game.  Anyone that sits at the back of S22 will hear my son with Downs getting the whole SS  singing by his own efforts in many a game.  No one deserves his seat more than him.  

Why not just stay there if they do come in? I'm sure you'll be given that option. It'll just be with the understanding that most people around you will be stood and singing. I think a 'greater good' approach is best practice for these sort of situations, the overall benefit of moving a few people (but giving them the option of staying and joining in if they so wish) outweighs the cons. 

2 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Not exactly, it's the club that wants the move really. It obviously makes sense commercially. The s82 group declined exploring a move to the upper dolman for this season in case it displaced people. It really isn't that group who want to cause inconvenience.

Why not just stay there if they do come in? I'm sure you'll be given that option. It'll just be with the understanding that most people around you will be stood and singing. I think a 'greater good' approach is best practice for these sort of situations, the overall benefit of moving a few people (but giving them the option of staying and joining in if they so wish) outweighs the cons. 

Fair enough, I see you point, but the club didn't start the 'Reclaim the East End' petition did it?  As I said on another post getting to the ground early enough to secure seats together will be a problem for me.  If I could make that work I'd be happy to be in with the more vocal fans.  Even if I could make it work for me, it would still affect other fans adversely.  The club would be putting one set of fans above another set.  This really should have been implemented as part of the initial SS move at the first opportunity to 'Reclaim the East End'.  If existing SS season ticket holders get turfed out now we will be condemned to having sh1te seats for years split up from friends we specifically bought seat to sit with. 

I'd still have an issue with this.

On ‎24‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 22:35, Dollymarie said:

Probably not gonna need any kind of petition if recent discussions are productive with the football club. Just saying :) 

let's hope this don't happen. As a current resident in the south stand I don't want to be standing up every two minutes to be able to watch the game...... :grr:

On 24/01/2017 at 21:35, Dollymarie said:

Probably not gonna need any kind of petition if recent discussions are productive with the football club. Just saying :) 

Dolly I think there is more people against this move than you think. Would be interested if all SS season ticket holders were asked what the view was as more people seem to be expressing concern.

11 hours ago, Red Army Faction said:

My group is 8 mates that have been watching city stood or sat together for donkeys.  Very much doubt there are 8 seats together anywhere in the SS, let alone with the view we have now.  Can't afford Dolman or West Stand so that would my whole match day experience gone.   

How many people are going to be expected to step aside for those more worthy?  1,000, maybe 1,500 or 2,000? 

Step aside because you are "more worthy"? So you stand up, wave a flag and sing and chant. More worthy than those who like me have supported City through thin and thin, all over the country, in all weathers, in times when extremely short of cash, putting our life savings into shares in 1982 to save this Club for such legendary supporters as you.

This is the one place I know of where for 90 minutes we are all equal however we support and wherever we sit/stand. Don't you ever forget that!

7 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

Step aside because you are "more worthy"? So you stand up, wave a flag and sing and chant. More worthy than those who like me have supported City through thin and thin, all over the country, in all weathers, in times when extremely short of cash, putting our life savings into shares in 1982 to save this Club for such legendary supporters as you.

This is the one place I know of where for 90 minutes we are all equal however we support and wherever we sit/stand. Don't you ever forget that!

Think that was his point mate. 

9 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

Some of the fans in the Atyeo were certainly present in 82. Regarding your last sentence that does not apply to fans in the Atyeo now. They were promised an area in the new stand - priority. Priority which was given to others. The club was also disingenuous with facts - standing and rakes.

These fans have not been treated as equals. If they were more monied they would have been accommodated in the design stage.

What is uneven is the way this is being approached now.

6 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

Some of the fans in the Atyeo were certainly present in 82. Regarding your last sentence that does not apply to fans in the Atyeo now. They were promised an area in the new stand - priority. Priority which was given to others. The club was also disingenuous with facts - standing and rakes.

These fans have not been treated as equals. If they were more monied they would have been accommodated in the design stage.

What is uneven is the way this is being approached now.

They could have taken the priority tickets, truth is because they were told they could not stand or have unreserved seating they decided to move to the Atyeo.

No one forced them to go there. It was all to do with standing up and unreserved sections. As has been said you've tried the old Williams stand, the dolman , the Atyeo what next in a seasons time " don't like the south stand" let's move again. And cause more people to move.

I

Just now, London expats said:

They could have taken the priority tickets, truth is because they were told they could not stand or have unreserved seating they decided to move to the Atyeo.

No one forced them to go there. It was all to do with standing up and unreserved sections. As has been said you've tried the old Williams stand, the dolman , the Atyeo what next in a seasons time " don't like the south stand" let's move again. And cause more people to move.

There were no priority season tickets for these fans. Priority was withdrawn.

The truth - Check the supporters trust remarks.

The Atyeo if they wished to support the team in the same manner was the only option. If this section of fans did not they would have been forced to dramatically alter the way they supported the team.

5 hours ago, Red Army Faction said:

Fair enough, I see you point, but the club didn't start the 'Reclaim the East End' petition did it?  As I said on another post getting to the ground early enough to secure seats together will be a problem for me.  If I could make that work I'd be happy to be in with the more vocal fans.  Even if I could make it work for me, it would still affect other fans adversely.  The club would be putting one set of fans above another set.  This really should have been implemented as part of the initial SS move at the first opportunity to 'Reclaim the East End'.  If existing SS season ticket holders get turfed out now we will be condemned to having sh1te seats for years split up from friends we specifically bought seat to sit with. 

I'd still have an issue with this.

I think perhaps you're reading into the petition name a bit too much. I hadn't thought of that and I can see why from, your perspective, you wouldn't like it. It reads like 'we're going to turf you out' but I don't think that's the intention.

I think ultimately though, and I appreciate this will sound a bit selfish, but it's got to be done with the view on doing what's best for the greatest number. In this instance that would be moving s82 to that area.

Overall, it was poorly planned and implemented by the club. Putting fans in the Atyeo was always going to cause issues and they should've put more thought into it. Easily prevented.

• Admin
On 2/8/2017 at 19:08, Meryl Goodrum said:

Might be a good idea, although we were doing a pretty good job of making a racket in the Dolman recently!

Completely agree - the petition is nothing to do with me, just raised it to bring to a bigger audience

8 hours ago, London expats said:

Dolly I think there is more people against this move than you think. Would be interested if all SS season ticket holders were asked what the view was as more people seem to be expressing concern.

@Dollymarie  I don't think many fans are aware of this.  Certainly, my lot ain't. You may argue that it's being discussed in the forum and there are meetings going on, but people have busy lives and you can't could on the message getting out through those channels.  Wouldn't take much to hand out leaflets in the SS  at the next home game or even better leave them on affected seats for people to see.  

Id recommend getting them on seat and getting away before people read them though!!

On 09/02/2017 at 22:19, cider head said:

It was at the time they put in the premiere seating, those big red comfy seats and the rest of the stand went through a review, others in that area were moved to the Atyeo.

I don't really understand this...how could the club force a large group of supporters to move from a stand back then? No stands were being demolished and it wasn't like the Williams was full every game at that point. So no justification for it really...

57 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I don't really understand this...how could the club force a large group of supporters to move from a stand back then? No stands were being demolished and it wasn't like the Williams was full every game at that point. So no justification for it really...

Again, they didn't want us riff raff near them 

Archived