IGNORED

Man Utd away support.

BCFC1512

Is the OP to praise Man U and it's fans or to slag City fans?

My first memory of the name Man U was at five years of age when they won the FA Cup v Blackpool in 1948. Apart from a few blips like relegation in 1974 to Division Two and the barren years while Liverpool won everything in the 1980's, they have been winning trophies with monotonous regularity; European Cups, now called Champions League, First Division / Premier League, FA and FL Cups.

So what have Bristol City won since 1948? Two Third Division championships, six other promotions, seven relegations, a few Mickey Mouse Cups.

Ten fallow years between any success. Thus is it any wonder that one club's supporters give their club vocal support without question and Bristol City's support finds it difficult to consistently do that simply because we get shat upon from a bloody great height so often.

Finally, when was the last time that Man U gathered only seven points from a possible forty eight - 16 matches? The answer is never.

PS. I am not a Man U fan, I don't particularly like them as a club, but their genuine supporters have my respect in the same way as I respect all true football fans.  

6 minutes ago, stephenkibby. said:

Yeah of course they are. And wouldn't they be?

They come from every corner of the earth (and Manchester)

Why wouldn't you be impressed. If you think that's great then that's a sad that you are impressed !!

Majority of united away supporters are Mancs 

8 minutes ago, stephenkibby. said:

Yeah of course they are. And wouldn't they be?

They come from every corner of the earth (and Manchester)

Why wouldn't you be impressed. If you think that's great then that's a sad that you are impressed !!

I thought it was pretty well known that Man Utd's away support is largely made up of their true fans from Salford and other local areas who don't buy-in to the tourist attraction mentality of lots of their 'home fans.' Hence their incredible non stop vocal support away from home

Apologies if I'm wrong.

9 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I thought it was pretty well known that Man Utd's away support is largely made up of their true fans from Salford and other local areas who don't buy-in to the tourist attraction mentality of lots of their 'home fans.' Hence their incredible non stop vocal support away from home

Apologies if I'm wrong.

No you're pretty spot on from the ones I know. They're the first to say that their home support is crap and, unlike some other clubs, don't pretend otherwise. Away from home is a different story, they're consistently loud and have a decent variety of songs. 

• Admin
9 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

Pretty pathetic home turn out from Hull, 16k all in! Some clubs don't seem to deserve to be top flight.

They are all pissed off with their owners and have started to boycott matches, I hope that the Johnson & Bristol Sport debates don't cause the same thing here..........

11 hours ago, Rascal said:

Majority of united away supporters are Mancs 

I'm sorry but that is categorically wrong.

The majority of football fans in Manchester are Man City fans. That is just Manchester.

The majority of Man U fans live outside of Manchester even outside of Salford.

Walk in to any pub on a day, in any town in any city when Man U are being shown on TV and there they will be. They gather like sheep and some of them wouldn't where know Manchester is if you gave them a pin to stick in a map.

3 minutes ago, supercidered said:

I'm sorry but that is categorically wrong.

The majority of football fans in Manchester are Man City fans. That is just Manchester.

The majority of Man U fans live outside of Manchester even outside of Salford.

Walk in to any pub on a day, in any town in any city when Man U are being shown on TV and there they will be. They gather like sheep and some of them wouldn't where know Manchester is if you gave them a pin to stick in a map.

Man City don't even sell out their ground, I have no interest in any prem side but Man U away support is decent, always has been 

12 minutes ago, Rob k said:

Man City don't even sell out their ground, I have no interest in any prem side but Man U away support is decent, always has been 

Agreed with the look of the empty seats you see most weeks at Man City. However, my best mate is a Man C fan and he rarely can get a ticket because most of the seats are season ticket holders that haven't turned up. Thats why the ground was recently made bigger to accommodate non season ticket holders.

Again, the away support is full of sheep who follow success. Despite having relegation in their history, they have been by and large successful for longer than anyone with maybe the exception of Liverpool.

Archived