IGNORED

ITV retain rights to show all of England games on Telly till 2022

Never to the dark side

I hate the fact that they squeeze one more advert break between the teams lining up and kick off. If you are watching the game in a pub, the atmosphere grows as the teams come out and then line up, just as it should be peaking just before kick off we switch to the latest offers from Tesco. You can feel the room go flat. Even when it cuts back to the football it takes a while to recover.

2 hours ago, deadredfred said:

We can continue look forward to ad breaks every 5 minutes during the build up, and Mark Pougatch looking like Jeremy Kyle with glandular fever, barking basic questions at Lee Dixon and Ian Wright. Oh and Glen Hoddles incredibly insightful commentary. Can't wait. 

More to the point, my wife will have to put up with me shouting "there's a ****ing game on try talking about it, instead of anything else you can think of" at Clive Tyldesley. 

12 hours ago, Midlands Robin said:

I hate the fact that they squeeze one more advert break between the teams lining up and kick off. If you are watching the game in a pub, the atmosphere grows as the teams come out and then line up, just as it should be peaking just before kick off we switch to the latest offers from Tesco. You can feel the room go flat. Even when it cuts back to the football it takes a while to recover.

Still ample scope for more ads "and right after the break we'll continue the line-ups with midfielders..."

Additionally, I find watching England in a pub, or indeed anywhere else, it goes flat right around kick-off and generally stays that way for about 105 minutes or so.

Archived