IGNORED

Points ultimatum? - SL to LJ

Sniper

I know we've had the SL and Tomlin interviews with LJ having the backing of SL and the players allegedly?

But.............. has SL behind closed doors given LJ a points total (Shef Wed & Rotherham) to save his job?

I want 4 points?

I want 6 points? (If so lose to Wednesday and it's game over!)

or is he just going to go with the flow and see what happens? :dunno:

I think if we don't see a coaching improvement on the pitch i.e. better player performances over these three games I'm afraid he will be gone.

That may sound harsh but one can argue that the facilities at his disposal & backroom staff has improved along with better players, but has the coach?

We will find out soon. I hope he can turn it around

I think he'll accept a "respectable defeat" if you know what I mean, Vs Wednesday but then HAVE to beat Rotherham. 

A stuffing Vs Wednesday might be too much to stand by. 

A shock win or creditable draw will certainly help, but only if we follow it up with a result V Rotherham. 

IF SL has a points target in mind, then I'd think it's 3 points with an at least level on aggregate goal difference, over the next 2 league games. 

Result tomorrow doesn't matter but a heavy defeat would not do anyone any good. 

11 minutes ago, Sniper said:

I know we've had the SL and Tomlin interviews with LJ having the backing of SL and the players allegedly?

But.............. has SL behind closed doors given LJ a points total (Shef Wed & Rotherham) to save his job?

I want 4 points?

I think if SL has demanded 7 points from the next 2 league games then LJ might realise the writing is on the wall.

4 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

Doubtful. SL is backing LJ and I think having referred to our relegation fight as possibly "going to the wire" he will give him at least until the end of the season.

He wouldn't want to heap pressure on him.

He also said very clearly that he wouldn't want to see the improvements wasted. 

LJ will be here until we are in the relegation zone and looking like we can't get out of it under his management, I'd imagine. 

Bar a heavy defeat and lackluster performance,tomorrow is irrelevant.

Tuesday is hugely different, the result won't mean everything but the performance will be crucial.

Another bad one and a toxic crowd and that will probably do it.

i really hope LJ turns it around however the clock is truly ticking and despite what the owner said on Monday the end must be close unless there is a quick improvement in league position and performance.

i don't believe for one second that Div 1 football is on SL's agenda.

10 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I think he'll accept a "respectable defeat" if you know what I mean, Vs Wednesday but then HAVE to beat Rotherham. 

A stuffing Vs Wednesday might be too much to stand by. 

A shock win or creditable draw will certainly help, but only if we follow it up with a result V Rotherham. 

IF SL has a points target in mind, then I'd think it's 3 points with an at least level on aggregate goal difference, over the next 2 league games. 

Result tomorrow doesn't matter but a heavy defeat would not do anyone any good. 

Well he has for almost 4 months.

38 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I think he'll accept a "respectable defeat" if you know what I mean, Vs Wednesday 

If this is in any way true or indicative of the mindset inside Bristol City then no wonder we struggle above L1, no wonder we are where we are this season, and God help us.

I know there was a "but" and some more thoughts, but....

49 minutes ago, Sniper said:

I know we've had the SL and Tomlin interviews with LJ having the backing of SL and the players?

I want 4 points?

what we heard in the media and what has been said behind closed doors are two different things,

Johnson is on borrowed time, failure the next two league games and he is gone, 4 points may see him get a little breathing space,

Ether-way he's had the good old fashioned vote of confidence, he's on borrowed time 

31 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Well he has for almost 4 months.

2 minutes ago, Jack Dawe said:

If this is in any way true or indicative of the mindset inside Bristol City then no wonder we struggle above L1, no wonder we are where we are this season, and God help us.

I know there was a "but" and some more thoughts, but....

I don't mean SL will be "happy or content" with a "respectable defeat. I was answering the OP's question of minimum targets. 

It would be harsh to base LJ's future on the result of one game V an in form team who are flying high. He'd have already got rid if that was the case. 

What we must NOT do is get any worse! 

1 minute ago, Bar BS3 said:

I don't mean SL will be "happy or content" with a "respectable defeat. I was answering the OP's question of minimum targets. 

It would be harsh to base LJ's future on the result of one game V an in form team who are flying high. He'd have already got rid if that was the case. 

it wouldn't, it would be based on the 8 prior league defeats against teams in and around us, if it happens to be against wednesday it wouldn't be because of a spirited defeat,

3 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Not get any worse ???? 

Blimey  :blink:

35 minutes ago, pillred said:

talking of respectable defeats, do you think any team ever has lost so many games at this stage by just 1 goal, I would be very surprised if they have

This is the one thing that Ive found strange about our current run. Normally, a team on the sort of run we have been on for the last few months would suffer a few tonkings along the way, but we have been competing in games ( not saying we've played well) and, as you say losing by just 1 goal , although the manner of our last 2 home defeats felt worse than losing 4/5 nil.

As some have mentioned, it is bizarre how (bar the Brighton defeat), every other has only been by one goal. This tells me two things: 1. we're losing to teams who aren't that great themselves. And I'd put most of the division in that category. Competitive league, yes, high quality football, no. 2. Many fans and the board have swallowed the hype that we're competing, that we're not far off winning some of these games. Which is totally incorrect. Forget the narrow defeats, we've been poor/dire in most of these matches. Maybe a few 4-0s like last season would have knocked some sense in to them. 

And not being in the relegation zone has also cushioned the blow. We lose our next 2 league games, pretty sure we'll be in that bottom 3. And I really can't see us getting out of it.

4 points should be the absolute minimum. 

2 hours ago, Loon plage said:

Doubtful. SL is backing LJ and I think having referred to our relegation fight as possibly "going to the wire" he will give him at least until the end of the season.

Regardless of what SL has said,three defeats from the next four league games will see Lee gone..

Part of me still hoping he will pull a rabbit from the hat but my gut says no.

3 hours ago, Loon plage said:

Agree, too late now for any newbie to come in, and in any case the chances of SL picking a decent manager is nil.

2 hours ago, Up The City! said:

In just over a week we could have 3 wins under our belts.

and also in just over a month we could have zero wins; unless of course LJ gets lucky and picks the right players and formation. Remember we could be winning 2-0 and still give it away.

Archived