IGNORED

Dr. Hans Zarkov said we have 24 hours to save the World

Never to the dark side

10 minutes ago, Marty said:

Is that one of those ZX64's? Is that what they were called?

ZX81 (and 82)...  Replaced by the 16 & 48k models which were my first computers...  *nostalgic sigh*

Weirdly I actually have sat next to me on my desk at work the old rubber keyboard from the 48k!  No idea what happened to the rest of it, mind, but I just can't bring myself to throw it away!!

31 minutes ago, Steve Watts said:

ZX81 (and 82)...  Replaced by the 16 & 48k models which were my first computers...  *nostalgic sigh*

Weirdly I actually have sat next to me on my desk at work the old rubber keyboard from the 48k!  No idea what happened to the rest of it, mind, but I just can't bring myself to throw it away!!

Daley Thompson's Decathlon saw the end to many a Speccy 48k keyboard. Bless those rubber keys.

1 hour ago, Steve Watts said:

Ahh, Wasn't it the Commodore 64? I'm getting things mixed up. We had BBC computers at school. Gert big things with Black and Red keys. Jeez! showing my age.

1 hour ago, Marty said:

Ahh, Wasn't it the Commodore 64? I'm getting things mixed up. We had BBC computers at school. Gert big things with Black and Red keys. Jeez! showing my age.

Nope....definitely the speccy....I moved up to the Commodore 64 when the 48k died.  hard plastic keys on that puppy.

57 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

The thought that you could play games with 16K!  Who was that weird spectrum character who had to cross a road and go skiing?

Horace!

51 minutes ago, Steve Watts said:

Nope....definitely the speccy....I moved up to the Commodore 64 when the 48k died.  hard plastic keys on that puppy.

Horace!

This may bring back a few memory's

Yes we had to sit through this every time we wanted to play a game

Life seemed so much simpler then,unless you were loading a computer game

1 hour ago, Steve Watts said:

Horace!

Me too.

26 minutes ago, Super said:

The only time spectrum was better than Commodore was the football manager game!

Image result for spectrum football manager game

How can you say that?

28 minutes ago, Donkeeebles said:

This may bring back a few memory's

Yes we had to sit through this every time we wanted to play a game

Life seemed so much simpler then,unless you were loading a computer game

Luxury. On the Commodore 64 I had to sit through 20-30 minutes of loading for some games (Siren City) before turbo loaders came in. Also with the infamous 'Datasette' you were lucky that the tape heads were aligned well enough the load data properly - hearing the autostop at the end of the tape was one of the most soul destroying experencies of my early youth (apart from following the city, obvs.).

Archived