IGNORED

Sean Dyche on the learning he took from being with us

Jerseybean

1 hour ago, Midlands Robin said:

That's because, for us at least, he was very poor.

He had just overplayed in a very successful Chesterfield side and along with Billy Mercer and Paul Holland who we bought on the back of that season , arrived  injured and were never 100% fit for us .

It was a big loss for us as we bought him back too soon and some ' fans ' never gave him a chance .

I hope we learnt lessons as well .

4 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

So you're frustrated to be playing with an injury that's not healed up and your teammates aren't really helping the situation, is it alright then , Uncle Tone ? 

If it will humour you then yes :wub: ........................... in reality NO :disapointed2se:

1 minute ago, Marty said:

Vaguely remember him scoring an own Goal and it all went a bit down hill from there, Is that right?

My memory isn't great but seem to remember the ball going through his legs on the goal line. Could be wrong though.

1 minute ago, Super said:

My memory isn't great but seem to remember the ball going through his legs on the goal line. Could be wrong though.

They showed that goal on P.W. at lunchtime.

Low cross comes in, all he has to do is hoof it anywhere, but instead lets it trickle between his legs, whilst falling over, leaving that scumbag Lee Hughes (of all people !) an open goal from about 3 yards out..

He got booed after that goal, and rightly so !

Was it Dyche or Julian Watts that got sent off at Ashton Gate and half the ground cheered? Now that was embarassing.

As for the rest of it, anyone would think City fans were somehow unique and the fans at every other club in the land simply shower their players in rose petals and applaud politely :chant6ez:

3 minutes ago, Olé said:

Was it Dyche or Julian Watts that got sent off at Ashton Gate and half the ground cheered? Now that was embarassing.

As for the rest of it, anyone would think City fans were somehow unique and the fans at every other club in the land simply shower their players in rose petals and applaud politely :chant6ez:

Ah the chuckle brothers. Truly hilarious watching those two together.

I'm afraid big on reputation but was a woefully poor player for us.

I cringe thinking of him & Julian "40" Watts at the heart of our defence back then.

He was always ordering players around but not taking any responsibility himself. Thankfully we are far better at defending nowadays . . . oh wait a minute . .

44 minutes ago, Swede said:

I'm afraid big on reputation but was a woefully poor player for us.

I cringe thinking of him & Julian "40" Watts at the heart of our defence back then.

He was always ordering players around but not taking any responsibility himself. Thankfully we are far better at defending nowadays . . . oh wait a minute . .

I played with a few like that.  I used to hate playing with fellow centre-backs who after we conceded would say 'well, I had my man", when there were two unmarked in the penalty area, and their man was 20 yards away from danger. :facepalm:

1 hour ago, Olé said:

It was Dyche but he was substituted, not sent off.

It was at home against West Brom, the ball went straight under his foot and Lee Hughes ran through to score for one goal, he then appeared to tread on the ball inside the six yard box for another Hughes tap in before being hauled off. He sarcastically applauded back to the cheers that received and I'm not pretty sure he never played for us again.

We lost 3-1, if I recall correctly.

@Buster Footman's T shirt and I used to call any defensive cock up for years after "a Dycheism".

Not one of my favourite players though I have a feeling I wasn't at that West Brom game so didn't see the incidents in question.

Funny enough, years later I was on a train listening to two Watford fans discussing Dyche leaving their club and what a loss that was to their defence. Horses for courses I guess.

2 hours ago, Olé said:

Kinda agree as I does happen elsewhere but I think we are a bit better than most. Spitting at players, death threats, personal attacks on banners, cheering when a player gets sent off etc..

3 hours ago, gazza1982 said:

Kinda agree as I does happen elsewhere but I think we are a bit better than most. Spitting at players, death threats, personal attacks on banners, cheering when a player gets sent off etc..

Good point, these are the sort of things Bristol Rovers fans are known for. I'd like to think none of ours would stoop to this level of scumbaggery.

I used to sit in the Williams A bloke(the kennel) back then and the players and Wags used to sit in the adjoining bloke.

On one occasion just before half time some one shouted out at SD when leaving his seat to go for an half cuppa and called him a sick note.

Cue Dyche to come running over to where the fan was sitting and have a stand up row with him.

They  finished arguing and  then kiss and made up (like these things do) but it did show that Dyche cared about the club and what people thought of him.

Archived