IGNORED

Wade on Burnley v City

BRISTOL86

3 minutes ago, Selred said:

One question, is Jamie McAllister is a really experienced coach and a Pro-Licence holder? Genuine question, however did seem like a job for the boys...

No idea if a job for the boys but if the principle now at City  is that a first team coach is simply plugged in and unplugged with no change to how things are done then arguably they shouldn't have a say in who coaches outside of the first team.

Maybe Jamie wasn't a LJ appointment?

4 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

No idea if a job for the boys but if the principle now at City  is that a first team coach is simply plugged in and unplugged with no change to how things are done then arguably they shouldn't have a say in who coaches outside of the first team.

Maybe Jamie wasn't a LJ appointment?

Not blaming LJ, could be anyone at the club promoting JM. 

37 minutes ago, Selred said:

One question, is Jamie McAllister is a really experienced coach and a Pro-Licence holder? Genuine question, however did seem like a job for the boys...

You read my mind!

Re Wade....was the player we never replaced from the promo season.  I know he played less as Marlon evolved, but he was a fantastic player, whonwe needed a Championship clone of.

2 minutes ago, redsince1994 said:

Was always a big fan of Wade's. Remember one game him being at fault for a goal then 5 minutes later running through their whole defence and scoring.

Amazing determination which our current squad could do with a bit of!

MK Dons - 2-2 draw if my memory isn't crap?! 

9 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

He had done some coaching in our academy younger age groups and with David James at the Kerala Blasters. He has a UEFA A license but nothing to suggest he has a pro license.

To be fair he said Johnson wanted to bring one in...not that he did! We wanted to bring in Messi and ended up with Engvall!

1 hour ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Yup, he frequents Aldi on North St a fair bit!

My daughter took a picture of him through the window of a cafe on North  Street last week. That new one opposite Lounge bar.  He was sat there reading the Guardian...

She bottled it when I suggested getting his autograph..

That back pass from Wade, just goes to show even back then our lack of movement was suspect. He turns away from passing, because he can see that if is his pass is intercepted, then Dons have men over and would break quickly.

It's always so easy to blame the player that makes the pass, but often it's the lack of movement and players not making themselves space or available. 5 of em just stood in a line of which 4 are offside. :facepalm:

It's often been the case with us, when we've brought good players in, others have made them look iffy. Wade was never iffy...but it's happened so often. Better players see the moves...average one's don't.

As a better player, it's often hard being the best at a Club, as you have no one to push you, or for you to be inspired by.

Maybe that's why Tomlins form has dropped off. A fit and on top of their game GoN, Matthews, Smith and Tomlin all need players better than them or their equal in the squad.

Hopefully the likes of Hegeler will help with this.

The joys of being a minnow in the Championship, and bringing in a few experienced heads amongst inexperienced.

The former Robins’ wide man was appointed U21 coach at Ashton Gate under Steve Cotterill. 

But he quit ties with the club last summer following the appointment of current boss Lee Johnson. 

He explained: “At the end of the season I met the manager and he said he wanted to bring in a really experienced coach and Pro-Licence holder to coach the U21s. 

“I'm realistic enough to understand how football works sometimes and that was his prerogative. 

“Sometimes, when a new man comes in, they want to bring in their own people. 

“We had a bit of success and six or seven of my squad have made their debuts now, so I've no quibbles and I am quite proud of how it went. 

“I enjoyed working with and improving players and I've developed a bit of a passion for it.” 

So our youth set up is subject to change whenever we get a new manager and not the 100% stable setup that will continue regardless of the 1st team coach... this club cannot make their minds up on even the most basic of things.

56 minutes ago, Fiale said:

The former Robins’ wide man was appointed U21 coach at Ashton Gate under Steve Cotterill. 

But he quit ties with the club last summer following the appointment of current boss Lee Johnson. 

He explained: “At the end of the season I met the manager and he said he wanted to bring in a really experienced coach and Pro-Licence holder to coach the U21s. 

“I'm realistic enough to understand how football works sometimes and that was his prerogative. 

“Sometimes, when a new man comes in, they want to bring in their own people. 

“We had a bit of success and six or seven of my squad have made their debuts now, so I've no quibbles and I am quite proud of how it went. 

“I enjoyed working with and improving players and I've developed a bit of a passion for it.” 

So our youth set up is subject to change whenever we get a new manager and not the 100% stable setup that will continue regardless of the 1st team coach... this club cannot make their minds up on even the most basic of things.

He was offered a new deal, but it came with different stipulations to how he had been doing before. He chose to leave.

Archived