IGNORED

The non-official Burnley v City in the FA Cup match day thread

Septic Peg

1 minute ago, Benjam!n Ultra said:

So why do you struggle to understand that others can support the club but also want the manager out?

You just sound confused. 

I don't at all and I'm not, just it seems with this forum people are happy to fabricate stories against LJ or omit paragraphs from reports while slagging him off... its a pretty poisonous forum at the worst of times but some of the rubbish aimed at him is a disgrace. I've said if LJ goes then he goes

Think it could be time to leave this forum and go into the real world for a while, hopefully when the new manager comes in and does a good job then it will be a more pleasant place to visit and exchange views and debate

2 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Just checked my crystal ball, here is the (future) news .....

Sheff W defeat 2-0 , people moan and LJ supporters say Saturday is it ! 

Rotherham, poor 2-1 win and LJ gets another runs of games to prove his ineptitude , you can see it coming can't you.

Not for me, Tues night is the clincher for me, and not just the win but the way we go about it. If we lose on Tues and win on Saturday my opinion will not change, UNLESS we string a few CONVINCING results together.

1 minute ago, Kim_il_sung said:

And if we beat the worst side in the league by some distance? That suddenly transforms him into somebody capable of managing in this league? Surely we've all suffered enough. Keeping him until then is just throwing points away.. Points that we desperately need. He needs to get the hell out of here NOW.

So was he not capable of managing this league last season when he steered us away from the relegation zone? Or not capable when we had a good start to the season, with some great wins against Villa, Leeds and Fulham for example?

2 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Just checked my crystal ball, here is the (future) news .....

Sheff W defeat 2-0 , people moan and LJ supporters say Saturday is it ! 

Rotherham, poor 2-1 win and LJ gets another runs of games to prove his ineptitude , you can see it coming can't you.

Yep and then the excuse for the next 5 defeats will be "be honest you didn't expect anything from those 5 games did you?"

3 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

Don't be stupid. As I've said several times before, especially when SL backed him, I'm happy to wait until after the Rotherham game and see where we are then. 

For clarity; when you say "where we are then" do you mean league position-wise, or is that based on the result itself?

I'm curious as I suspect we might be level on points with the relegation places going into that match.

3 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Maybe a poorly chosen phrase is 'the manager is immaterial' (if you take it out of context). 

We all support the team. We all just evidently have different pain thresholds. Yours is evidently similar to this bloke...

If I'm honest man, my passionate views regarding City died a long time ago... Win, lose or draw... managers come and go, it doesn't bother me in the slightest. 

3 minutes ago, Emperor Palpatine said:

I don't at all and I'm not, just it seems with this forum people are happy to fabricate stories against LJ or omit paragraphs from reports while slagging him off... its a pretty poisonous forum at the worst of times but some of the rubbish aimed at him is a disgrace. I've said if LJ goes then he goes

Think it could be time to leave this forum and go into the real world for a while, hopefully when the new manager comes in and does a good job then it will be a more pleasant place to visit and exchange views and debate

No ones fabricating the worst run of defeats in our history , turning the side into a shambles , all whilst spending a small fortune

Its really that simple

Whats the basis of your beliefs ?

1 minute ago, cynic said:

Surprised so many people thought we'd win this game !

Well I would imagine most people would be surprised if we get anything out of Sheffield Wednesday tbh. Far better managed side than us. I can see it being a horrible atmosphere on Tuesday if the "expected" happens and there will only be two men to blame if Johnson is on the receiving end of dogs abuse (not condoning it but predicting it). He should have been put out of his misery last week in my view.

Archived