IGNORED

Wade Elliott

Andy082005

1 minute ago, Alessandro said:

People - by all means have an opinion. Slate the manager, yes we've lost countless games in a row. Stick by that opinion, no problem. Ignore other people's opinions when defending by your own. Whatever.

But please, it is so tragically embarrassing when you pretend to be 'in the know' when you are so clearly not. Don't pretend that you have some amazing secret knowledge that you can't pass on because you wouldn't ever betray your source, when you don't, and history has proved this by the fact you haven't made one ITK claim that has subsequently come true, in the history of OTIB. 

You've shown yourself for being a bull******, you know that, we know that now, and that can't be undone.

And for those who are genuinely ITK, please keep posting. 

16 hours ago, LondonBristolian said:

On an unrelated note, a member of the Bristol City squad didn't go back to Bristol last week but instead got a train to London. I know this because I was in the same carriage. I didn't have anything City-related on so he would not have known I was a fan and I was hoping he'd say something indiscreet and interesting in one of the numerous phone conversations he had.  He did not and that is why this isn't a particularly interesting story.

Not to hijack the thread but has anyone else got any non-stories about encounters with recent City players? 

A source of mine says Carey was apparently in running for Elliot's job but Johnson gave it to McAllister. Carey is now at Southampton apparently. 

15 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

People - by all means have an opinion. Slate the manager, yes we've lost countless games in a row. Stick by that opinion, no problem. Ignore other people's opinions when defending by your own. Whatever.

But please, it is so tragically embarrassing when you pretend to be 'in the know' when you are so clearly not. Don't pretend that you have some amazing secret knowledge that you can't pass on because you wouldn't ever betray your source, when you don't, and history has proved this by the fact you haven't made one ITK claim that has subsequently come true, in the history of OTIB. 

You've shown yourself for being a bull******, you know that, we know that now, and that can't be undone.

But a comment claiming people aren't ITK is no different than those claiming they are.

Regardless of whether people believe the initial post can be relied upon, surely no one can think the dressing room is happy with LJ.

1. Certain players publically critiscised 

2. Certain players who get their place back in the team without earning it and by comparison their mistakes never get a mention.

3. Chopping and changing the team both in personnel, formation and ethic so it's unrecognised from team that pulled us from safety last season with 3 months of promotion form.

4. The Lee Tomlin situation.

5. The Bobby Reid and Golbourne.

6. 8 defeats on the trott.

There are many more. For including a month or so ago when Mark Little made a mistake in front on the dug out. LJ said something and Little lashed out at LJ which I was gobsmacked by. I mean... this is Mark Little not the emotional and arogent Lee Tomlin. This went unnoticed at the time but still sticks with me as the point I became sure the dressing room was lost.

But right now bring on Sheffield Wednesday. I hope LJ picks our strongest team (not the team who he has fallen out with least) and plays to our squad strengths that saw the run at at the end of last season and start of this season.

Regardless of the dressing room fall out (or  not!) these players hopefully won't want to get relegated and will know the next two games could be the make or break of this season.

1 hour ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

My view is rather how I feel about most conspiracy theories.  How hard must it be to keep something completely secret?  Surely if things are that bad, someone would have spoken out by now?  I heard Zak Vyner on Radio Bristol after the match yesterday and he sounded natural and enthusiastic.  No sign there that the club is in disarray.

If it is true, then what is Johnston doing to alienate players?  Can't see anything in the photos from the training ground that suggests disharmony...

It would be a worry if the club did publish photos "from the training ground that suggest disharmony" I think. We might be a joke at this level, but we're not completely thick.

And a 19 year old with about 18 games to his name being given his chance and playing at a PL club in the cup being "enthusiastic" does not signal all is well, nothing to see here. 11 defeats in 13 League games tells us something - exactly what, we can only guess - and it is not likely to be encouraging, I wouldn't have thought.

My best guess is that the scales have fallen from the eyes of the better players, as far as LJ is concerned. That his handling of them - or some of them - has caused them to doubt him. It's not that they are consciously not trying, but that they are unconvinced by the Head Coach and there is no spark or conviction about the place or the "group." Something closer to "going through the motions" as opposed to a full on "down tools" or mutiny. But enough to be the difference, the "fine margin," between winning and losing. Or, at least, drawing some of those 11 defeats, a number of which were against other poor sides struggling for form.

Look at Rotherham (3 wins in 10 games), Blackburn (2 wins, 3 draws in last 10), Wigan (3 wins and 1 draw in 10), and Burton (3 wins/10) and ask yourself: what can possibly explain our form being so much worse than these four struggling clubs/teams, particularly given the overall health of our club and all the things we have to our advantage over these four?

My best guess at the answer to this is that the inexperienced head coach, who our owner says "will make mistakes," is making mistakes. And the players have lost faith in him (and probably thought he would be gone by now).

3 minutes ago, Jack Dawe said:

It would be a worry if the club did publish photos "from the training ground that suggest disharmony" I think. We might be a joke at this level, but we're not completely thick.

And a 19 year old with about 18 games to his name being given his chance and playing at a PL club in the cup being "enthusiastic" does not signal all is well, nothing to see here. 11 defeats in 13 League games tells us something - exactly what, we can only guess - and it is not likely to be encouraging, I wouldn't have thought.

My best guess is that the scales have fallen from the eyes of the better players, as far as LJ is concerned. That his handling of them - or some of them - has caused them to doubt him. It's not that they are consciously not trying, but that they are unconvinced by the Head Coach and there is no spark or conviction about the place or the "group." Something closer to "going through the motions" as opposed to a full on "down tools" or mutiny. But enough to be the difference, the "fine margin," between winning and losing. Or, at least, drawing some of those 11 defeats, a number of which were against other poor sides struggling for form.

Look at Rotherham (3 wins in 10 games), Blackburn (2 wins, 3 draws in last 10), Wigan (3 wins and 1 draw in 10), and Burton (3 wins/10) and ask yourself: what can possibly explain our form being so much worse than these four struggling clubs/teams, particularly given the overall health of our club and all the things we have to our advantage over these four?

My best guess at the answer to this is that the inexperienced head coach, who our owner says "will make mistakes," is making mistakes. And the players have lost faith in him (and probably thought he would be gone by now).

WOW - articulate and intelligent posts from you and RightUpInCider :clap:

People actually looking and opening their eyes

I applaud you Jack and @RightUpInCider :thumbsup:

2 hours ago, djb6162 said:

In not sure thats entirely fair  Harry...... the first part of yiur post i mean 

my source ( cue for a crash helmet ) tells me he was a top bloke whom the lads really liked and more importantly respected. 

From what I understand Mr Burns, it all started out ok and WE was certainly held in respect. However over the course of a few months that respect was gradually eroded away in a number of the youth players. I have heard this from 4 of the players who were under his stewardship. None of these players have ever made the first team squad and are only young and very much learning their trade and they needed a coach who would not belittle them in training and shatter their confidence. 

It may be that not all the players felt that way, but some definitely did, and this behaviour was not tolerated, so he left. 

To others comments, I am speaking purely about WE here. This is not a pro-LJ stance, as I am totally in favour of removing LJ. I just don't think any comments from WE should be taken as some sort of gospel in relation to the LJ situation. 

Regardless, it's pretty evident (unless you're from another planet) that there has been disharmony in the camp and the club propaganda they've put out this last couple weeks is so transparent, but some will lap it up. 

I'm all in favour of LJ leaving, but couldn't give a shit what Wade Elliott thinks. 

3 minutes ago, Jack Dawe said:

Thanks, Bob. But it is only a guess, the best I can come up with.

A pretty damned good one as I understand it !

Actually , it's not a guess is it to be fair

Its a consideration / view based on all the information you have available to assess - that good old stable idea :thumbsup:

6 minutes ago, Harry said:

From what I understand Mr Burns, it all started out ok and WE was certainly held in respect. However over the course of a few months that respect was gradually eroded away in a number of the youth players. I have heard this from 4 of the players who were under his stewardship. None of these players have ever made the first team squad and are only young and very much learning their trade and they needed a coach who would not belittle them in training and shatter their confidence. 

It may be that not all the players felt that way, but some definitely did, and this behaviour was not tolerated, so he left. 

To others comments, I am speaking purely about WE here. This is not a pro-LJ stance, as I am totally in favour of removing LJ. I just don't think any comments from WE should be taken as some sort of gospel in relation to the LJ situation. 

Regardless, it's pretty evident (unless you're from another planet) that there has been disharmony in the camp and the club propaganda they've put out this last couple weeks is so transparent, but some will lap it up. 

I'm all in favour of LJ leaving, but couldn't give a shit what Wade Elliott thinks. 

Interesting

Harry I regard you as a intelligent sensible poster with the Club very much at the forefront of your support so I take your post as accurate 

Surprised , I have to say

5 minutes ago, Harry said:

Harry, I don't know much but from the little I have about him, its been good not bad. Maybe you have only heard the not so good; those with an axe to grind are more inclined to do that.

You were in favour of Johnson's appointment.

Where do you think it has gone wrong?

10 minutes ago, NickJ said:

Harry, I don't know much but from the little I have about him, its been good not bad. Maybe you have only heard the not so good; those with an axe to grind are more inclined to do that.

You were in favour of Johnson's appointment.

Where do you think it has gone wrong?

Indeed Nick, it is common for those with an axe to grind to be inclined to speak negatively. Which is why I don't bother listening to what WE had to say on this matter. 

As for being in favour of LJ's appointment, I wouldn't say I was ever in favour but I did back it.  However, I did say on this very forum that my feelings were that it could possibly be a job too soon for him.  I could understand 100% why we bought into him, but I did comment that this could easily be a bust, and that maybe he didn't yet have the experience necessary. As said, perhaps a job too soon for him.

You would know from my posting history that I have defended some of our previous managers to the hilt (against common favour), but you would also note that I've never defended LJ on here. 

His main errors have been player favouritism, players out of position, trying to make a left back out of JB when his future should be in central midfield, amongst many others. 

2 hours ago, Andy082005 said:

I never once wanted Johnson agree. I Vent my frustrations on here, but I have not once boo'd the team or manager since he has taken over. Even after the Birmingham and Forest Debacles recently

My most notable post was one after the Wolves away defeat last year. I was hung drawn and quartered by many. It even got bumped when we stayed up 

Please don't misunderstand me Andy

Ive never suggested you have

I was merely praising you for (Against the tide) indicating you didn't approve of his appointment and having the courage of your convictions to stick with your belief :thumbsup:

And being proved right !

46 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

I'm not commenting that people aren't in the know, they're proving they are not all by themselves, they don't need my help with that.

Well unless I have missed this "proof" somewhere, your burden of proof threshold is a lot lower than mine.

Many people post stuff on here long the lines they "know" something. It's up to the reader to decide, from the evidence and what they can see for themselves, whether it is likely to be true or not.

My starting point is that I think it is very unlikely that many people would completely invent a story. So I would suggest it is quite likely that WE has said something along the lines quoted in the OP, to Andy's mate, which Andy's mate has repeated to him, which Andy has repeated on here.

So there are two aspects which could cause the OP to be less than accurate.

1. The OP on here is two times removed from the original quote, and as is the way, it may have been exaggerated or misquoted to an extent.

2. WE may well have an axe to grind, and may well have told a story from his perspective only.

Having taken the above into account, and all of the other evidence which I can see for myself, my opinion is that there is likely to be a considerable amount of accuracy in the OP.

1 minute ago, NickJ said:

Well unless I have missed this "proof" somewhere, your burden of proof threshold is a lot lower than mine.

Many people post stuff on here long the lines they "know" something. It's up to the reader to decide, from the evidence and what they can see for themselves, whether it is likely to be true or not.

My starting point is that I think it is very unlikely that many people would completely invent a story. So I would suggest it is quite likely that WE has said something along the lines quoted in the OP, to Andy's mate, which Andy's mate has repeated to him, which Andy has repeated on here.

1. The OP on here is two times removed from the original quote, and as is the way, it may have been exaggerated or misquoted to an extent.

2. WE may well have an axe to grind, and may well have told a story from his perspective only.

Having taken the above into account, and all of the other evidence which I can see for myself, my opinion is that there is likely to be a considerable amount of accuracy in the OP.

Don't let your logic , common sense or intelligence get in the way of becoming a Superfan Nick

31 minutes ago, NickJ said:

My opinion is 1. Everyone tends to exaggerate as proven in the game of "chinese words". I agree that nobody , well maybe some, may distort for their own ends, but, in general things distort slightly. There may be an evidence of truth but in general I personally cannot accept the final story. 

In one sense, I am happy that there is emotion and fall-outs in the team after all those losses. It shows the players care. If everyone was happy, I would be p****d off thinking none of them cares.

1 hour ago, NickJ said:

Sorry - you keep using the word evidence.

What is this?

Where is this?

Any evidence that isn't my Dad's, dog's mate from a poster who is in the past has been a very vocal anti LJ and board has said, that is complete hearsay?

Any ACTUAL proof Nick, that aren't whispers and presumptions?

Any?

Just now, Alessandro said:

Sorry - you keep using the word evidence.

What is this?

Where is this?

Any evidence that isn't my Dad's, dog's mate from a poster who is in the past has been a very vocal anti LJ and board has said, that is complete hearsay?

Any ACTUAL proof Nick, that aren't whispers and presumptions?

Any?

Any evidence of progress? Any improvement? Any? 

12 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

What has that got to do, one bit, with a story someone has completely fabricated on a notoriously unrealiable open football forum?

Where's your evidence for fabrication? 

Or is it "because I disbelieve you, you've made it up". 

20 hours ago, Andy082005 said:

Intereasting story.  I appreciate it will have plenty of people shoot me down here and no, I will not share my source 

Huge fall outs at the club and pretty much every player has had a gutsfull. The whole Tomlin interview cherade  was just that....a cherade.  He is not happy one bit at City at the minute and Johnson has lost the respect of the changing room massively.  

It sounds like there's damage beyond repair. 

He has to go. Please Steve. ...swallow your pride.  Get rid 

Andy, I have also heard from a reliable source within Ashton Gate that Lee has indeed lost the dressing room and there are a number of players who really don't like him and therefore have no respect for him.

I actually think the OP needs to be very careful what he writes - it wasn't long ago someone came on here with a very 'credible' story from the mouth of someone in the club - and was exposed as a liar quickly and was in danger of writing something libellous.

As for me, well as someone who is cynical of rumours and hearsay stories that come from the internet - clearly that makes me unintelligent and a deluded super fan.

Funny that those who are so engrossed in their own agenda will use in blind faith even the tiniest thing like this story above to convince themselves and others they are right, even if there is no fact or proof behind that rumour. 

And they think they are not deluded and that everyone else are the stupid ones.

23 minutes ago, Top Robin said:

Andy, I have also heard from a reliable source within Ashton Gate that Lee has indeed lost the dressing room and there are a number of players who really don't like him and therefore have no respect for him.

The one thing that worries me is player power can be a strong thing. I genuinely believe...if players want rid of a manager, they will get it done.

I can remember going to watch City v Blaclpool in what was (I think now Millens last game ). We were poor and we were losing 2-0.  Then the last 8 minutes or so we may as well of  kicked the ball in the back of the net 3 times. I can remember thinking we didnt even try to stop those goals. We lost 5-0 in the end and it made Millens job untenable 

I pray something like this doesnt happen Tuesday . It has the potential to 

4 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

I actually think the OP needs to be very careful what he writes - it wasn't long ago someone came on here with a very 'credible' story from the mouth of someone in the club - and was exposed as a liar quickly and was in danger of writing something libellous.

As for me, well as someone who is cynical of rumours and hearsay stories that come from the internet - clearly that makes me unintelligent and a deluded super fan.

Funny that those who are so engrossed in their own agenda will use in blind faith even the tiniest thing like this story above to convince themselves and others they are right, even if there is no fact or proof behind that rumour. 

And they think they are not deluded and that everyone else are the stupid ones.

Isn't it strange that some people are 'cynical' about rumours which they don't want to be true yet accept other rumours like possible signings with open arms.

Just now, Top Robin said:

Isn't it strange that some people are 'cynical' about rumours which they don't want to be true yet accept other rumours like possible signings with open arms.

Are they? 

Regarding transfers - OTIB has shown that there are a handful of posters who have got it right a number of times. But for every one of them there are those who outright lie, Lewis Grabban anyone?

The fact is in reality those who choose to believe a 'rumour' because they 'want' or believe it to be true are equally guilty as those who are cynical of rumours that they don't believe to be true. 

2 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

The one thing that worries me is player power can be a strong thing. I genuinely believe...if players want rid of a manager, they will get it done.

I can remember going to watch City v Blaclpool in what was (I thinknow Millens last game ). We were poor and we were losing 2-0.  Then the last 8 minutes or so we may as well of  kicked the ball in the back of the net 3 times. I can remember thinking we didnt even try to stop those goals. We lost 5-0 in the end and it made Millens job untenable 

I pray something like this doesnt happen Tuesday . It has the potential to 

See also Tinnion's team shipping 7 at Swansea in what proved to be his final game, I think I'm right in saying that game was only 1-0 at half time. 

If the stories about dressing room unrest are true then of course it has the potential to happen. However I'd really like to think that the current squad have more about them than that, and so far at least I don't think the players can be accused of not being committed on the pitch even if they don't like the manager. 

Archived