IGNORED

Get lost Freeman. Now Confirmed, joined QPR.

WhistleHappy

Just now, 29AR said:

What message is that?

- we will pay your weekly wage and you can fail to break a sweat;

- we will pay your weekly wage and you can get an inflated signing on fee;

- we will pay your wage and you can train in the reserves;

- we will pay your wage and ...

Don't forget Freeman will be in a position shortly to sign a pre-contract agreement with another club. 

This is a situation entirely of our own doing. Freeman struggled last year. We didn't want to commit to him whilst we were unsure he would step up. Fast forward 12m he's unsure he wants to commit to us when we're in a club-record run of defeats and another club wants him. We are apparently bidding 300k for his replacement... and being snide at maybe a £400k fee. Freeman in shirt sales, in promotion, in the JPT has probably net costed us far less than the fee your talking about. 

First off-failing to break sweat and collect his wage has been happening 2 years now so no change there. Then I agree tbh,sell the scumbag and get rid,I've changed my mind within a hour :laugh:

1 minute ago, joe jordans teeth said:

First off-failing to break sweat and collect his wage has been happening 2 years now so no change there. Then I agree tbh,sell the scumbag and get rid,I've changed my mind within a hour :laugh:

Im also in the mind of sell him.

Don't think he's scum though. He's shown us the same loyalty as we did him by allowing him to get to the point of a new contract offered in January at a point when he has developed enough that a team higher in the table wants him. We could have prevented this but in our own lack of loyalty to him we now castigate him for his own... fair enough I say. 

1 hour ago, Loosey Boy said:

City should sack him for breach of contract!

City should sack Johnson for being utterly crap.

Who the hell in their right mind would sign a contract with him as the manager. (Unless they don't know him of course like the recent signings)

1 hour ago, Fiale said:

Sorry can't wholly blame him - Johnson said in the media he was not playing Freeman because he had not signed a new contract, and from Holloway's comments we seem to have stood in the way of a deal. So you want to then ask that player to play for you.... well if he says no then in part you only have yourself to blame...   I know people are going to hate my comments, City shirt, blah blah - but treat people badly, don't expect favours.

Seems to me that the whole situation has been handled in very amaturish fashion..can't say we should be so surprised!

First off.  No player should refuse to play if selected.  My only caveat to that is a player carrying an injury who is being asked to play with it.  Of course some players will give it a go whereas others don't.

Assuming Freeman is fit, then he should've played when asked.  Whether he puts in a shift is down to his win professionalism.

So the above is damning of Freeman.

Now the other side.  City have allowed a player to get into the last 6 months of his contract.  I'm not sure when contract talks started, but up until the new year he'd become a regular in the starting eleven....and imho was playing 6/10 each game, with a couple of 7/10s in there.

Why wouldn't he sign the contract?

- it couldn't be lack of game time could it.

So what was it:

- had his head turned by knowledge that someone is gonna come in for him

- as above but other club is offering more

- been offered a poor deal (in his opinion)

- fancies a move somewhere else, e.g. Fed up of playing right side, etc

Or does he really fancy letting his contract run down, and take his chances in the summer.

Whatever his motive, the manager can choose not to play him, but if he does ask, them Freeman should play.

So all of the above doesnt tell us much.

For me the most telling thing is that LJ wanted to select a player he's told won't feature whilst his contract issues are ongoing.  That to me is poor man-management.

I never quite get why managers go public with player non-selection, or even with the player themselves.  Time to be a bit economical with the truth, e.g. Sorry Luke, you're not delivering for me, Pato is chomping at the bit etc....when what he really means is, you can eff off whilst you're sitting out your move to QPR.

All he's done is made a rod (not RO'D) for his own back. #inexperienced

I've little sympathy for him.  For me, and I've come back from my 'downer' on Lee, he's had a 'mare.  I don't see how he can get results out of our squad.  I'll be cheering the boys on Tuesday, but I'm less hopeful that the manager can get them across the white line wanting to die in the trench for him.

Sorry :shifty:

Simple view on this is that once you refuse to play then my respect goes. Shame with Freeman as outstanding in double team but done little for two years but clearly talented. Shame it's come to this but unprofessional and leaves a bitter taste because of this

48 minutes ago, samo II said:

Plenty of points to knock LJ on right now.

This isn't one for me.

From what it sound like, LJ asked Freeman to be involved today (maybe because QPR aren't in the cup so no chance of being tied), but he said no.

Now, regardless if LJ gave him the previous games off to think on his move, he's completely entitled to ask him to play today.  Freeman is in the wrong refusing, if that took place.

Same as Kodjia, I hope we fine him, then make some more money selling him.

You play when you're told, even if you don't fancy it. As Don Draper said; "THAT'S WHAT THE MONEY'S FOR!"

How do you know what he said? or are you just repeating what others have said? this seems like another Basso gate to me?

A couple of points to make:

First, anyone who says Freeman has been poor all season hasn't been paying any attention. He started to play a lot more directly and creatively in his last games when given the freedom to get in wider positions. We could have done with some of his style down tbe wing today.

Secondly,  QPR's loss to Burton makes them the sort of club we hope will fall into the mire rather than us.  Daft to sell a player performing well to a relegation rival. Especially for the derisory offer Hollowhead made.

I don't agree with players asking not to play. Totally disrespectful. Of course we don't know how reasonable the offer made to Freeman is, but @NickJ is likely to have a point. It all smacks of bad management. 

Anyway, I - sadly - think there's no way back for Freeman now. I wouldn't sell him to the horrible hoops though. I'd flog him to someone in L1.  That'll learn him .;)

1 hour ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Why is it unforgivable? His form has been average at best for a season and a half now. Why play someone who doesn't want to be here if you have people banging his door down desperate to play? It's not like he's done anything of merit this season....or last....

Not even against Ipswich?!!

I've not heard what was said, but I'd assume any refusal to play was down to Freeman trying to protect himself - in the event of an injury QPR might not be wanting his services just yet. I'd stick him on disciplinary, and make him train with the development squad until he comes around, gets sold or runs his contract down. It goes without saying that he ought to be fined for being a complete arse.

Luke, if you're that intent on going to QPR in a couple of days put a transfer request in, maybe those extra $$$ we'll save in paying up your contract will swing the deal for you.

PS At the end of the day City have nothing to gain for keeping the player here in these circumstances so I would accept any reasonable offer from QPR, cut my 'losses' and move on.

10 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

A couple of points to make:

First, anyone who says Freeman has been poor all season hasn't been paying any attention. He started to play a lot more directly and creatively in his last games when given the freedom to get in wider positions. We could have done with some of his style down tbe wing today.

Secondly,  QPR's loss to Burton makes them the sort of club we hope will fall into the mire rather than us.  Daft to sell a player performing well to a relegation rival. Especially for the derisory offer Hollowhead made.

I don't agree with players asking not to play. Totally disrespectful. Of course we don't know how reasonable the offer made to Freeman is, but @NickJ is likely to have a point. It all smacks of bad management. 

Anyway, I - sadly - think there's no way back for Freeman now. I wouldn't sell him to the horrible hoops though. I'd flog him to someone in L1.  That'll learn him .;)

Well said

1 hour ago, BRISTOL86 said:

8b88cbef8fbfdc678bd48b0aa6975a97.png

Speaks for itself. A goal every 20 games and an assist every 10, from a player described as a creative playmaker :blink:

We have a centre back who's contributed more offensively!

How many of those assists from set pieces too?

Likewise in the promotion season, he isnt worth much and QPR or anyone else are welcome to the little shit

Said in another thread, the entire squad saw Kodjia request not to play and get away with it, those saying its the fact Johnson dropped him in the first place, if we played him is he likely to give 100% or nurse himself through games to prevent injury? I wouldn't want him playing if he wasn't going to give 100% so Johnson's in the right not to play him imo.

My understanding is....

He wanted a new contract in the summer apparently but we refused to offer him one,

until the interest from QPR, we still hadn't offered him a deal.

freeman asked that since he wasn't being offered a deal by us, he'd like to speak to QPR once they had bid, we rejected the offer and then offered him contract (slight increase, 2 year deal)  

Freeman asked to speak to QPR to consider his options, it was refused and he's been told he won't be selected again unless he signed the deal.

That's what I knew as of Thursday.

Today's news...well it's as unexpected as it is surprising, LJ has publically said a few times Freeman won't play unless he signs contract so for me, Johnsons comments are confusing and a contradiction to his previous, a manager under pressure who will deflect the blame anywhere to stop questions being about him.

55 minutes ago, glos old boy said:

How do you know what he said? or are you just repeating what others have said? this seems like another Basso gate to me?

That's what LJ said on the radio.

So the options are that LJ straight up lied or that Freeman said no.

And even though I think his time as head coach is up, I think he's honest (sometimes to his detriment).

That's how I know; do you have any better information?

55 minutes ago, Meryl Goodrum said:

Not even against Ipswich?!!

At a stroke adding 50% to his goal return in the championship. Speaks volumes. Has never made the step up from L1 so if he thinks he'll do better elsewhere then best of luck.

Two managers have failed to get anything out of him here. 

Strangest thing is QPR wanting him.  Very unlikely he will get any better.  Been nothing but average last 18 months except that lucky volley.  The fact it was his only goal at Ashton Gate backs that up.  Thanks Luke for 14/15, last year and this I've seen nothing.  He's peaked!

3 hours ago, Bowie said:

My understanding is....

He wanted a new contract in the summer apparently but we refused to offer him one,

until the interest from QPR, we still hadn't offered him a deal.

freeman asked that since he wasn't being offered a deal by us, he'd like to speak to QPR once they had bid, we rejected the offer and then offered him contract (slight increase, 2 year deal)  

Freeman asked to speak to QPR to consider his options, it was refused and he's been told he won't be selected again unless he signed the deal.

That's what I knew as of Thursday.

Today's news...well it's as unexpected as it is surprising, LJ has publically said a few times Freeman won't play unless he signs contract so for me, Johnsons comments are confusing and a contradiction to his previous, a manager under pressure who will deflect the blame anywhere to stop questions being about him.

If this is true then you can hardly blame Luke for protecting his own interests. This should have been sorted out months ago. The whole team now is just an ever-changing round of new boys, hence the shambles. I can't see that QPR will be that much better, but at least he might get to spend more time on the pitch! Gonna cost me a fortune to watch him now!!

Archived