IGNORED

So Fulham at home will be postponed. Bad news

tinman85

51 minutes ago, bearded_red said:

Derby (a)

Leeds (a)

Newcastle (a)

Villa (a)

What a run of games. You've got to laugh otherwise you'd cry. 

We've had Brentford, PNE, Cardiff all at home and got 0 points. Then went away to Ipswich and Wolves (both lower mid table or worse) and got 0 points there. We have had a run of games against easier sides and LJ has managed to cling on, shit is about to hit the fan, he has us sunk, really depressing stuff.

1 hour ago, Chairman Mao said:

We've had Brentford, PNE, Cardiff all at home and got 0 points. Then went away to Ipswich and Wolves (both lower mid table or worse) and got 0 points there. We have had a run of games against easier sides and LJ has managed to cling on, shit is about to hit the fan, he has us sunk, really depressing stuff.

That was my thinking after the Brighton game. December & January would define our season with the hope being that those were the matches where we should pick up points. Since then we have seen matches against Wolves, Ipswich, Cardiff & Firest become 6-pointers and in each case they have leapfrogged us in the table. February is now looking truly fearsome with no obvious respite except Rotherham. 

Dramatic changes needed to avoid being rooted in the bottom 3 by the beginning of March. I can guarantee LJ will make changes (he always does) but the likelihood of them having any effect is small to non-existent I'm afraid.

10 hours ago, tinman85 said:

Why on earth are we in this position again.  

Because the points total reflects the amount of games won (for three points), drawn (one point) and lost (zero points) this season to date. The same applies for all other teams in the league. Teams are then ranked accordingly in a league table with the team with the most points at the top and the least at the bottom. A team's place in this table is also known as their position.

Hope that helps. 

1 minute ago, MC RISK77 said:

What's the issue we have to play everyone twice during the season so when games come or what order they happen is inconsequential to the final table, because as we all know the table never lies come the end of the season.

I think we would rather play these games when we are in slightly better form!

1 hour ago, bcfcshorey said:

If only they held off on re-arranging the Villa away game. They could have put it on the 18th.

Villa are away to Newcastle that weekend. Ok the game has been moved to the Monday for TV but I don't think they would have liked to play us on the Saturday before.

Archived