IGNORED

Good effort Luke good luck mate!

We live in hope

2 hours ago, We live in hope said:

Many of us would of done the same chuffed for Luke, best of luck to you at least you can go and play football now instead of being involved in a team full of head droppers! who consequently have been micromanaged by a manger who doesn't know himself let alone football management!

Yes, he has deserted a sinking ship with a clueless manager. However, he has chosen to join up with that Gas C*** so as far as I'm concerned good riddance.

And, before any happy clappers want to criticise my post, I was a Freeman fan of sorts.

2 hours ago, We live in hope said:

Many of us would of done the same chuffed for Luke, best of luck to you at least you can go and play football now instead of being involved in a team full of head droppers! who consequently have been micromanaged by a manger who doesn't know himself let alone football management!

You don't speak for me.

The whole situation doesn't make much sense. He's told he won't basically play until he signs a new deal and is suddenly expected to play in a cup game. Why not play someone like Engvall in a two up top?

Some of the animosity is underserved, especially when compared to Maynard, who - granted - was proven at this level, but at least Luke notified the club of his feelings. Seems LJ has been a bit spiteful, which is also odd.

I have no hard feeling towards Luke, always put in a shift and was fantastic in the promotion season. Best of luck fella.

Just now, phantom said:

As soon as he refused to play, all respect lost from that point on!

Can there be any other job where you can refuse to work and not get in trouble? 

Johnson only asked him to play because he knew what the answer would be, he said himself Luke wouldn't be playing until he signed a new contract, just Johnson being a tw@#. He wanted Luke to look like the bag man so it would reflect any criticism.

Don't think we was good enough for long enough in his league. Don't like the idea of him refusing to play. Don't like the way he left.

BUT, part of a brilliant year romping League One and a stand out performer in that side.

Thanks for that unforgettable year and good luck for the future.

5 hours ago, We live in hope said:

Do one Luke you refused to play for the club. Totally unacceptable. 

6 hours ago, Fuber said:

The whole situation doesn't make much sense. He's told he won't basically play until he signs a new deal and is suddenly expected to play in a cup game. Why not play someone like Engvall in a two up top?

Some of the animosity is underserved, especially when compared to Maynard, who - granted - was proven at this level, but at least Luke notified the club of his feelings. Seems LJ has been a bit spiteful, which is also odd.

I have no hard feeling towards Luke, always put in a shift and was fantastic in the promotion season. Best of luck fella.

Its quite simple to figure out.

He said he was thinking of leaving, we offered him a contract.

During this time he was given time off to make his decision, new contract for us or sign for QPR. It was clear we were always his second preferred option.

He had still not made his decision by the Burnley game and with the transfer window closing shortly we needed to force the issue so we wouldn't miss out on a replacement. We didn't want this continuing into the final day of the window so LJ forced his hand by demanding he plays. 

Freeman refuses to play citing he needed more time to decide, LJ withdraw contract offer there and then.

The move was quickly finalised after that.

Archived