IGNORED

My Freeman take: LJ has issues and the club should be ashamed

Thatwasclose

Interesting how it's been outed by LJ on both occasions that JK and LF refused to play wanting a move etc. 

In my view this happens at all clubs up and down the country and only the bitter clubs let it out to the media. It's unnecessary to let it out and should be delt with inhouse.

For all Freeman has done and all the stick he took last two years from fans for not being up to championship par it sickens me that some fans think he is in the wrong and put all blame on him. How can you sing Freeman's on fire every week then not wish the man well? 

The club should be ashamed that one of the players who made a a great contribution last few seasons and always worked hard even when it wasn't going for him is now leaving under this atmosphere when it could have been avoided.

Freeman you have my support and I wish you all the best in your career and life.

Being a fairy new fan seems like no one ever leaves this club on good terms...

9 minutes ago, Thatwasclose said:

Interesting how it's been outed by LJ on both occasions that JK and LF refused to play wanting a move etc. 

In my view this happens at all clubs up and down the country and only the bitter clubs let it out to the media. It's unnecessary to let it out and should be delt with inhouse.

For all Freeman has done and all the stick he took last two years from fans for not being up to championship par it sickens me that some fans think he is in the wrong and put all blame on him. How can you sing Freeman's on fire every week then not wish the man well? 

The club should be ashamed that one of the players who made a a great contribution last few seasons and always worked hard even when it wasn't going for him is now leaving under this atmosphere when it could have been avoided.

Freeman you have my support and I wish you all the best in your career and life.

Spot on the money-truly inept man management..f'ing embarrassing.

15 minutes ago, Thatwasclose said:

Being a Fairy,can you Please grant me three wishes??

I promise that one of them will be to get Lee into the Europa league(with us)in five years!!

Dont see why ajyone should be blaming lj on this one.  A player lsigns a contract for x period of time for good money and should be  kai8ng every effort to play during that time.  IMO refusing to play makes that player a complete knob who should be fined his wages fr that period.  Added to that LF has not made the step up in standard,  thanks for one good season in L1 and good riddance

2 minutes ago, Robert the bruce said:

If its lost on you,and it clearly is,then its lost on you....understand???

No it's not lost on me, **** the pampered ***** who refuse to play, see what happens to anyone else in life who refuse to work for their company just because they don't like their boss. 

LJ should not be in a job but he's not wrong with this 

1 hour ago, Rob k said:

No it's not lost on me, **** the pampered ***** who refuse to play, see what happens to anyone else in life who refuse to work for their company just because they don't like their boss. 

LJ should not be in a job but he's not wrong with this 

Perhaps Johnson shouldn't have dropped Luke in the first place? He could have continued playing him. Why did he suddenly need him for Burnley?

7 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

Perhaps Johnson shouldn't have dropped Luke in the first place? He could have continued playing him. Why did he suddenly need him for Burnley?

he's been awful for 2 seasons, it's also  the managers perogative who he picks and when. 

5 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

We don't know because we don't know what went on behind the scenes. Perhaps LJ over reacted and sidelined a player we could have used or perhaps he was right Freeman was not in the right place. Maybe Freeman had hinted he  did not want to be considered, LJ had framed it as him being dropped to protect him if he ultimately decided to stay and then something happened last week that prompted LJ to go public.

Similalrly we don't know whether the club were slow to offer a contract or Freeman had made it clear that n the summer he did not want to discuss an extension.

We don't know any of those things. Which is why I find it odd that, rather than saying "ok. I don't know what happened here." fans feel the need to guess at what the facts might be and decide it must be the club's fault.

2 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

We don't know because we don't know what went on behind the scenes. Perhaps LJ over reacted and sidelined a player we could have used or perhaps he was right Freeman was not in the right place. Maybe Freeman had hinted he  did not want to be considered, LJ had framed it as him being dropped to protect him if he ultimately decided to stay and then something happened last week that prompted LJ to go public.

Similalrly we don't know whether the club were slow to offer a contract or Freeman had made it clear that n the summer he did not want to discuss an extension.

We don't know any of those things. Which is why I find it odd that, rather than saying "ok. I don't know what happened here." fans feel the need to guess at what the facts might be and decide it must be the club's fault.

…or the player's

10 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

Even so, you get paid to play football. If you get picked then play. If you don't get picked train hard and you still get your wage.

I wasn't involved in a meeting last Thursday at work, but I'm not going to turn around and say I'm not going to the meeting tomorrow due to this.

Pathetic, such bubbles.

If you notice in LJ press conference he praised Conor hourihane and how he played his heart out to the end before he left Barnsley and reading between the lines suggested freeman downd tools a while ago. You do not know what happened behind the scenes but how anyone who can stick up for a player refusing to play is beyond me . I dare say he picked up his wages this month for doing sweet f.a

1 minute ago, Selred said:

Even so, you get paid to play football. If you get picked then play. If you don't get picked train hard and you still get your wage.

I wasn't involved in a meeting last Thursday at work, but I'm not going to turn around and say I'm not going to the meeting tomorrow due to this.

Pathetic, such bubbles.

I suppose what I'm trying to say is, did LJ really need Luke at Burnley? He didn't need him for the previous games…

1 hour ago, Thatwasclose said:

Regardless of what freeman wants... he signed a contract to play at this football club and earn all the money that he does per week. Why should a player decide he no longer wants to play and turn around and say his head is not into it because hes trying to move on? 

He should of shut up honoured his contract and played as long as fit when the club needed him to. Too much power is given to players nowadays and their is not enough respect to the club or the fans by the players/agents. 

He could of done a job for us in the last couple of games he refused to play in. Im sure he didn't refuse his weekly wage when he wasn't playing?

Stop clutching at straws to have another dig at the club/LJ. 

I would much rather the club spoke out about individuals who throw their dummies out the pram, rather than a club where we are being taken advantage of.

All very odd. You can't tell me that they both were unaware that the move to QPR was about to happen. Why would LJ suddenly want him to play having made it public knowledge that he wasn't being considered.

And similarly why would LF want to risk injury as he was leaving 2 days later. Poorly handled by a clueless manager so out of his depth in so many ways.

19 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

I suppose what I'm trying to say is, did LJ really need Luke at Burnley? He didn't need him for the previous games…

No, he didn't need him. But Luke should of been a model pro and always be ready in case needed.

7 minutes ago, Libertine1 said:

I don't believe that Freeman simply refused to play.

Put it this way. LJ has turned a situation, brought about by awful management, into one that looks more favourably on him.

My sentient exactly. Lj stated that SL had said that he must not allowed to walk in the summer without a fee. The reality is LJ then stated to the press he would not play again until a contract was signed! Lj then changed the terms not Luke! Its beyond me how many will defend the manager when clearly he has no idea regarding tactics or man management!

Whether he's great or rubbish is irrelevant. (As proven by Kodjia) makes no difference. 

The club should absolutely tell the fans if a play wants away and is refusing to commit their future to us, or, as has been the case and far worse, refusing to make themselves available for games. 

If a player wishes to move on, that's fair enough. Not making yourself available to play is very poor. 

20 minutes ago, Libertine1 said:

Put it this way. LJ has turned a situation, brought about by awful management, into one that looks more favourably on him.

Why do find it so hard to believe Freeman refused to play when two days after he did, he is seen pictured in a QPR shirt?!

There is no 'awful management' here. Players come to the end of the contract, either they sign a new one or move on. Simple. This kind of thing happens all the time in football, we are not special. Look at Barnsley right now.

We've offered him a new one and he decided he wanted to move on, no problem with that. The real reason the player moved is known only to him and a handful of others, but a well paid London move would always be tempting for Freeman.

But the fact remains, the player should remain available and committed to play to the end of his contract. It's disappointing he wasn't irrespective of if we 'needed' to play him or not and LJ verbalised that for us.

28 minutes ago, Libertine1 said:

It's what players do these days they have all the power look at Payet and Ulloa for example.

I thought it was poor that the club let his contract wind down so much before offering a new one, when QPR came. I was corrected and told that he had been refusing to sign since the summer. So to my mind the poor work by the club was not getting rid then, at a better price. He continued to refuse, and play, and I guess that LJ and the club hoped he would change his mind. He didn't , he's out of contract in the summer and would leave on a free, he liked the QPR offer.......
Right up until now there isn't a problem, he had played and it was negotiations and posturing . When he refused to play he crossed the line and I don't blame LJ for coming out and saying that. For one Johnson is (rightly) getting enough stick for other reasons , he doesn't need to give the fans another reason to slate him. He explains why a player, who is still like by a large percentage of fan base , is leaving and in doing so distances himself from blame, make sense. 
This downing tools is getting to regular now, Payet,Freeman, Ulloa , on the odd occasions you may feel sympathy for the players circumstances but NEVER for refusing to work. Been said before, try going into work and saying I fancy working somewhere else, I won't be coming in until I sort out a new job , and just see the response. You ain't gonna be popular.
Whether he was worth a place in the team is immaterial , you get to that position you don't play, and if the club had accepted he was leaving why Cup tie him and put a potential stumbling block in the way of a move. 

I don't rate LJ and want shot of him but I don't see an issue here.

Freeman wouldn't sign a new contract so was dropped from the squad then refused to play to force a move and LJ makes the fans aware of the situation.

Plenty of other things to beat LJ with but not this one - and to be honest Kodja didn't have a contract running down so no comparison he clearly was just a money chasing ****.

Archived