IGNORED

No system

Benjam!n Ultra

No system, I'd agree - for the first 20 mins I couldn't work out what the formation was.

Little was dreadfully exposed as there was no one else on the right hand side.

The change to 4-4-1-1 improved us no ends...but as soon as Tomlin went off we had zero creativity.

A point is better than it has been but the tactics need to be improved.

10 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

A very good point against a good side when we're on a horrible run and still we get this shit. 

Here we go..I knew people would start behaving like this. A fortunate point at home after eight straight losses and suddenly we are all supposed to be delighted, and anybody showing criticism and discontent is shot down. 

A massive deflection and a penalty suggests we rode our luck tonight and that all the same problems remain. Two soft goals conceded, poor tactics... Im happy with the point and grateful for the players hard work but Im not going to start pretending everythings rosy. I still want LJ gone.

4 minutes ago, Kim_il_sung said:

I knew people would start behaving like this. A fortunate point at home after eight straight losses and suddenly we are all supposed to be delighted, and anybody showing criticism and discontent is shot down. 

A massive deflection and a penalty suggests we rode our luck tonight and that all the same problems remain. Two soft goals conceded, poor tactics... Im happy with the point and grateful for the players hard work but Im not going to start pretending everythings rosy. I still want LJ gone.

Don't think that's what @BRISTOL86 is saying. After a fairly decent performance and a positive result against a top 6 team, we still get the whinging and moaning. There's a time and place for that but it's not tonight. 

LJ said himself this point means nothing without a win on Saturday. Anything to complain for some. Tonight was a far better sight than I've seen for awhile. Players knew what they were doing and it showed especially defensively. Yes the goals were soft and we were punished on our mistakes again but a good SW team couldn't break us down. Not perfect and some kinks to sort out but much better against quality opposition. We could've even won that really. 

Not all sunshine and roses but I don't think there is much too complain about either 

4 minutes ago, Redbo said:

Don't think that's what @BRISTOL86 is saying. After a fairly decent performance and a positive result against a top 6 team, we still get the whinging and moaning. There's a time and place for that but it's not tonight. 

So when is the time and place for it? And who gets to decide? Better let people know when they are and arent allowed to post their thoughts.

1 minute ago, Redbo said:

That's exactly it. No one is pretending that one point fixes everything and that all is well. A small step that simply must be followed up with a win on Saturday. 

Just now, Kim_il_sung said:

Alright. Just let us know in advance what we are and arent allowed to say.

You can say whatever you like. When it's not particularly justified it's just a bit boring. Like I said, we put in a pretty good performance and got a decent result, considering our form and who we were playing, and still people feel the need to moan. 

We have lost games to goal of the decade (Sidwell), goal of the season (Forest), fantastic strikes from Costa, Pitman, who wasn't good enough to play for us according to some, Gunnarson and the winger at Burnley. We have lost crucial goals to deflections- Brentford and Preston, and when we finally get a lucky break some are quick to dismiss our finally ending our long losing streak as being fortunate!

2 minutes ago, Benjam!n Ultra said:

Ill tell you when I'm back on it you cheeky so and so. 

In which case @Benjam!n Ultra- you must have an agenda to justify your ultra anti Johnson posts because I cannot understand how anyone at the match tonight could not at least say that City were ok at worst and damn determined at best.

We got in their faces, for only a 5 minute spell did we drop back. Missing sitters from Browhill and Tammy prevented us from taking the lead and apart one  mistake by the otherwise faultless and totally staggeringly good signing of Hegele and we should have won.

I just feel that I have to continue to support Lee Johnson- my choice for good or bad. We are not a bad team and anyone thinking that there was a huge anti Johnson feeling tonight lives in an OTIB bubble. Great support from start to finish and not a Thatch in sight.

Archived