IGNORED

Hegeler

Red Army 75

10 minutes ago, mightyreds89 said:

You've qualified my thinking none of them wide or Magnusson have improved us! And that's before we talk about the keeper! 

Kodjia improved us by £12m.... try harder 

1 hour ago, Hocca said:

quite clearly didn't want to be out there second half and let the game pass him by. Also looked knackered , a player with his experience needs to command the ball in the midfield but he was happy to just jog around aimlessly.

22 minutes ago, mightyreds89 said:

You must be joking absolutey dreadful game again I've seen him 3 games and he's yet to have a good one.

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

All entitled to opinions I guess.

16 minutes ago, mightyreds89 said:

What did he do then? Apart from gift them a goal? Nothing better than we had for me. I'm interested to be told what he did? 

1. Dropped into defence to provide extra height and stability when Wednesday attacked with numbers

2. Put in a number of tackles in front of the back four, especially first half

3. Turned a Wednesday player inside out in the first half

4. Whilst no killer passes, played neat and tidy between the back four and the midfield, even when there was no movement around him

That among other things happened, but no, clearly he did nothing!

30 minutes ago, mightyreds89 said:

Not at all everyone around me was suggesting the same and few mates messaging saying the same. What did He do? Aimlessly walking around in space, no killer passes (apart from his assist for theirs) and shoud have scored she have shot and not rounded the keeper! Can't remember a tackle of note or creative pass at all. Not any better than what we had and as for Brownhill not anywhere near good enough lots of endeavour but no quality. 

You and your mates are clueless so nobody really cares

47 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

IMO he didn't need to round the goalkeeper, he was already committed to going to ground so just needed to lift it over him.
However I realise I have a better view from in the SS to down at pitch level, so I won't be too hard on him for it

I thought he just got clipped by their defender and it just knocked his stride.  I thought if he'd gone down it would've looked soft, and he wouldn't have got a pen.

i don't think he was as good as he has been, tonight, but he was still decent, and an asset.  Brings a calmness, when others are panicking on the ball.  Always available and happy to get it in tight spots.  I thought he really tried to make amends for his mistake.

I do wonder what some people watch, or what their expectations are.

Always wanting the ball from what I saw, can drive forward with the ball at his feet, retains possession well when under pressure and can pass the ball off to another player very quickly after receiving it, for the cost we got him for its excellent business. 

1 hour ago, mightyreds89 said:

Not at all everyone around me was suggesting the same and few mates messaging saying the same. What did He do? Aimlessly walking around in space, no killer passes (apart from his assist for theirs) and shoud have scored she have shot and not rounded the keeper! Can't remember a tackle of note or creative pass at all. Not any better than what we had and as for Brownhill not anywhere near good enough lots of endeavour but no quality. 

Blimey, you really were watching a different game - he's a class act...

Hegeler is class. Felt for him not getting his goal as his dribbling in the box was superb and his shot was well hit. Can only see him improving as well despite his age as no doubt he'll adapt more to our style/English game. For £150k it's an absolute steal and before today(ie not including Taylor & Cotts) on showings so far is the best signing we've made in January imo.

I like him a lot, maybe still coming to terms with the pace of the English game but looks very composed. He's got this almost drifting like quality about the way he runs which I think a lot of fans confuse with laziness. He's obviously a class above, and in some ways when he plays intricate short passes to players I don't think he has come to terms with the players he's passing it to's limitations 

6 hours ago, Ashton98 said:

They played together against forest and we was poor. They both sat far to deep inviting pressure 

We have been poor in most games brownhill has started in personally think he goes missing for long periods of the game, at the start of the season when we were actually ok a were winning games GoN was a big part of that 

8 hours ago, mightyreds89 said:

You must be joking absolutey dreadful game again I've seen him 3 games and he's yet to have a good one. What does he bring/do. 

Pack and GON bring much more for me! Hopefully our 2 signings today are better than the foreign dross (Magnussson aside) we've signed so far. 

Especially first half I thought he linked the play from back to front. Taking out the long aimless ball up to Tammy . He kept the ball well and his touch got him out of some tight spots. Nearly scored in the second half . But he did tired . Do u normally write  players off after 3 games. 

8 hours ago, mightyreds89 said:

You mean you AND your mates don't understand football?

10 hours ago, mightyreds89 said:

Must have been watching a different game to me. I thought he was very assured, drove passed players and with a bit more time i believe he will be a class act in our midfield. 

11 hours ago, Thornbury Red said:

I thought he was good till the mistake  then he disappeared  to be fair to him he looked knackered at the end so probably still coming to terms with the pace of the English game Perhaps? 

Hardly disappeared. Two minutes later he was up the other end and was only denied by a very good block right on the line.

He is a class player and would be among the first names on my team sheet.

Archived