IGNORED

Ker-Ching!

JacobsBS3

Bit bored so came up our most lucrative starting 11 from the last 30 years. Only 3 striker births available so sadly the likes of Baldock and Maynard miss out (I think).

I didn't get round to adjusting for inflation. Couldn't think of a keeper that went for any money. Anymore for anymore?

GK   Heaton (Free)

RB   Ayling (£750k)

CB   Coles (£200k)

CB   Dyche (£150k)

LB   Brennan (£1.5m)

RM   Adomah (£1m)

CM   Carle (£1m)

LM   Cotterill (2m)

ST   Akinbiyi (£3.5m)

ST  Kodjia (£15m) 

ST  Cole (1.75m)

10 minutes ago, Lucan said:

I recall reading that somewhere too, and it is wildly inaccurate !  

The bid from Milan I've seen (and Arsenal and other top clubs) written as fact in several places.

Having dug a little more, the bid was £50,000 in the 50's which works out at around £1.5m now, but I think the place which said £20m also accounted for transfer fee inflation as well as standard inflation.

45 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

The bid from Milan I've seen (and Arsenal and other top clubs) written as fact in several places.

Having dug a little more, the bid was £50,000 in the 50's which works out at around £1.5m now, but I think the place which said £20m also accounted for transfer fee inflation as well as standard inflation.

If you bear in mind that the British record fee back then was £65k for John Charles to Juventus, the equivalent of £50k now would be astronomical. Certainly way more than £15 for Kojdia or whatever random number of millions it was for Bolasie.

9 minutes ago, TRL said:

You could get Rob Newman in just about any position. Went for about 650k to Naaaaaarich if my memory serves me correctly 

Within 3 years he played in the Norwich side that beat Bayern Munich in Munich in the UEFA cup. Quite a step up from those years in Division 3 with us!

Archived