IGNORED

Surprise team.

Ashtonwurzel

Ipswich & Forest have been the worst 2 away sides at the Gate this season so not surprising they are only just above us despite the record run.

Not sure they will go down but they will be close. My picks for relegation would be Rotherham, Burton & Wigan. Partly based on what they have done & partly hope that we might finally improve!

18 minutes ago, milo1111 said:

We are still to play our joker ie. Sacking our manager and getting the dead cat bounce. Wigan have played theirs. Lets hope we go on a good run and dont need to but its still there if we need it. 

Yet history shows you get a bigger "bounce" from sticking with the manager through the bad times than bringing in a new one.

Not to mention Johnsons 46 games with us had got enough points to have finished 8th in last years table.

31 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Yet history shows you get a bigger "bounce" from sticking with the manager through the bad times than bringing in a new one.

Not to mention Johnsons 46 games with us had got enough points to have finished 8th in last years table.

Not sure i agree with that sentiment but one things for sure unless we turn around this winless run sooner rather than later we will go down. I cant see any of us will be bouncing up and down if that happens!!!!!!!

8 hours ago, Dr Balls said:

Ipswich & Forest have been the worst 2 away sides at the Gate this season so not surprising they are only just above us despite the record run.

Not sure they will go down but they will be close. My picks for relegation would be Rotherham, Burton & Wigan. Partly based on what they have done & partly hope that we might finally improve!

I don't think Wigan will go down. They've signed some decent players this week - Matt Gilks from Rangers, Jack Byrne from Man City and Gabriel Obertan (ex Man U & Newcastle)

36 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I don't think Wigan will go down. They've signed some decent players this week - Matt Gilks from Rangers, Jack Byrne from Man City and Gabriel Obertan (ex Man U & Newcastle)

And at the same time sold Probaly there most attacking threat to Norwich for £7million.

10 hours ago, Dr Balls said:

My mate who is a season ticket holder at Ipswich said, we were the second worst team he has seen at Portman Road this season. The worst he said was Ipswich.

5 hours ago, Corsham Ed said:

My mate who is a season ticket holder at Ipswich said, we were the second worst team he has seen at Portman Road this season. The worst he said was Ipswich.

Well on that basis we are jiggered because on multiple occasions this season we have been as bad or worse than any of the away sides we have faced. And that's at home!

4 minutes ago, nickolas said:

I cant see us anywhere else but bottom 3..........after February. Horrendous away record coupled with 4 horrendous fixtures. 

We're going to need a tidy march/april to get out of a rather large hole i think. 

If we play like we did on `Tuesday night, I'm more than confident we'll push up the table.

1 hour ago, 22A said:

Interesting the comments about Ipswich being dragged in. A few weeks ago there was talk of Mick McCarthy being sacked by ITFC. Then some members of this forum suggested he'd be the ideal manager for City.

I like McCarthy's occasional honesty about how bad they have been & when he has been partly to blame.

The reality is that unlike LJ he doesn't have much of a budget to bring in players. Why else do you think he's got Skuse, Pitman, Gerken & previously Anderson from us? Can't imagine any of those cost more than Matty Taylor...

Plus at least 1 of them knows about being relegated from the Championship - with us!

Archived