IGNORED

Next FAN meeting - Thursday 16th February - agenda items please!

Blagdon Mike

The next meeting would have been before the Fulham game - the idea being to give fans the chance to meet their reps and see what goes on.

The match being postponed prevented that.

Bristol Sport have tabled 'Season Card arrangements for 2017/18' and that needed discussing by the end of this month, hence the new date.

There is a chance of another Saturday date before the end of this season ...

Please let's have your agenda items now and any discussion - over to you! ...

• The topic was pinned
  • Admin

Can it be queried why there was a change in the process for obtaining the £10 guest tickets please?

Against Blackburn earlier in the season it was a simple process online to buy, just login through our account, select the seats, select 'guest ticket' then pay. 

For the Rotherham game the club suddenly needed this ticket against a supporter ID.

This meant for 'new' supporters we had to provide :

Full name 

Address

Telephone contact number

Email address

Add to that there isn't a facility to set up an ID online (and this wasn't advertised anywhere) it meant a long phone call to the club. 

Thank you 

Could we re-raise the idea of a sitting/standing sections at away games.

I think i've asked about this before and was received positively but nothing came of it.

The idea comes from Stoke - they had an issue where they were selling out/taking big followings to many away games in the prem. They, like us, have a mixture of fans where some wish to sit and others to stand at away games.

A few times a season we take a 2-3000 following and without fail we get moans about people standing. 

A simple solution is to sell away tickets on the proviso that sitters go towards the front and standers towards the back. - I know it tends to happen anyway on smaller followings, but for larger followings there's always issues. I think these issues would be nipped in the bud with a solution like this and in theory everyone should be happier - with the added bonus of hopefully a better atmosphere.

Could be trialled at a game where we're expected to take 2-3000 - a game like Fulham away would've been ideal.

As you can see from this link - http://www.stokecityfc.com/news/article/2016-17/spurs-ticket-information-3539903.aspx

"Supporters who wish to sit down during the match are advised to request tickets at the front of the stand."

Last time we were told that our away ticket prices were to bring in revenue to make us competitive. Could you inform the club of Reading FC who are 3rd in this division, have not spent millions on players and charge away fans £20. Our gates have also been higher than Reading's this season so we could charge the same as them and still make more money. 

I therefore ask again, why are the club against £20 limit for away supporters? 

Discounts for next year.  Absolutely sick to the back teeth of presenting a dual-season ticket card only to have 15% discount applied without a thought by staff.

The 20% I should be receiving only appears to be known about by whoever put together my welcome letter.  If there is no plans to have machines that can scan the cards and auto apply the correct discount then don't offer it next year as it just winds people up knowing they are suppsoed to be saving more money but cannot even query it as the staff don't know.

Offer 15% and maybe reduce dual tickets by £20 or something.

Compensation for this season e.g. £10 voucher for the club shop would not go amiss to appease - still will not make up anything like what I have lost by trying to be loyal and purchasing food, drink and merchandise from the club instead of going elsehwere !!

Love & hugs xx

2 hours ago, Neo said:

Discounts for next year.  Absolutely sick to the back teeth of presenting a dual-season ticket card only to have 15% discount applied without a thought by staff.

The 20% I should be receiving only appears to be known about by whoever put together my welcome letter.  If there is no plans to have machines that can scan the cards and auto apply the correct discount then don't offer it next year as it just winds people up knowing they are suppsoed to be saving more money but cannot even query it as the staff don't know.

Compensation for this season e.g. £10 voucher for the club shop would not go amiss to appease - still will not make up anything like what I have lost by trying to be loyal and purchasing food, drink and merchandise from the club instead of going elsehwere !!

Love & hugs xx

@Neo a particular bugbear of mine. I would suggest you email @Mkelly with details. I have suggested in the Q&A thread too that dual season ticket holders have one card for both rather than two. Easy, surely? And also, for what it's worth, I'd rather retain the 20% discount and hope the club can get swipeable season cards that automatically deduct the correct discount, as well as telling their staff in advance obvs. I make a point of reminding the bar staff when ordering that dual = 20% BEFORE they put it thru the till. It's not perfect but it works - usually! 

We are looking for the bigger issues for our agenda really and straight questions are best directed to @Mkelly and the Q&A session.

I can answer a few Qs, the rest I will put to the Club and report back to this thread:

Bristol Rob and Phantom - Actions - these are easily lost as you say but I scan the minutes before every meeting to check every point is followed up and if it needs following up again.  The outcomes are in the minutes on the bcfc website.

Cityshippers - observers are welcome - 7pm Thurs 16 February, Heineken Lounge - please introduce your self on arrival and sign the attendance sheet.  The next meeting was to be 11.30am-1.00pm before the postponed Fulham match to encourage as many observers as possible.

Reddoh - the intention is to be able to pre-load money on to cards and to have the appropriate macines for dispensing drinks etc.  The technology is not up to it currently and this is the answer to other questions as well (see Phileas Fogg).

BC Red - safe standing - the Club is fully committed to safe standing when it becomes law, hopefully soon.  We have discussed the matter on FAN and concluded the best area to start is the South-East (Community) corner - the reason being other fans' sightline will be unaffected.

Phileas Fogg - the intention is to have an arrangement like Stoke - our current CEO was partly responsible for the Stoke arrangement.  This has been discussed at FAN and the answer is that the technology is not up to it currently.

All the other matters raised (but including Phileas Fogg away issue) I am putting to the Club.

9 hours ago, Blagdon Mike said:

We are looking for the bigger issues for our agenda really and straight questions are best directed to @Mkelly and the Q&A session.

I can answer a few Qs, the rest I will put to the Club and report back to this thread:

Phileas Fogg - the intention is to have an arrangement like Stoke - our current CEO was partly responsible for the Stoke arrangement.  This has been discussed at FAN and the answer is that the technology is not up to it currently.

All the other matters raised (but including Phileas Fogg away issue) I am putting to the Club.

Thanks, is that mainly an issue with the purchasing of tickets online then? Maybe we could just copy how Stoke do it. I know a few Stoke fans and it they tell me it's a great idea, people are happier as they get what they want from an away game and the atmosphere is far better.

Queries pre-meeting for FAN 16/02/2017

This is Q&A feedback from the Club on questions arising from fans on this thread up to this point:

Q1.  Change in process for obtaining the £10 guest tickets
Why was there a change - against Blackburn earlier in the season it was a simple process online to buy, just login through our account, select the seats, select 'guest ticket' then pay.  For the Rotherham game the club suddenly needed this ticket against a supporter ID. This meant for 'new' supporters we had to provide: full name, address, telephone number & email address. Add to that there isn't a facility to set up an ID online (and this wasn't advertised anywhere) it meant a long phone call to the club.

A1.  We added the specific data requirement for the Rotherham game as it’s important that we know who is attending so that we can attract them again.  It’s all about growing our attendances.  This was the first time we’ve done it and we’ve already learnt some lessons from it eg you can set up an ID online, but we just need to advertise and explain this better.  In addition, we should be more up front about what information is needed for the guest, to make the purchase journey smoother.

Q2.  Re-raising the idea of a sitting/standing sections at away games

Stoke sell away tickets on the proviso that sitters go towards the front and standers towards the back:

http://www.stokecityfc.com/news/article/2016-17/spurs-ticket-information-3539903.aspx

Is there any update regarding implementing this for BCFC?

A2.  This is proving a lot more difficult to implement. For example, Newcastle away we are asked to sell block-by-block across eight different blocks, front to back. Now clearly this is always likely to sell out, but if we sold blocks 1 & 2 first as seated and 7 & 8 at the same as standing, but didn’t actually sell out, leaving blocks 3 & 4, 5 & 6 not full then we could be liable for unnecessary costs.  In addition, if we sell a ticket in a seated section, but then the person decides to stand throughout, there’s nothing we can do to police it. It’s clearly a lot easier in the Premier League where the small away allocations sell out on a regular basis.

Q3.  Our away ticket prices

Reading FC who are 3rd in this division, have not spent millions on players and charge away fans £20.

Why are the club against £20 limit for away supporters?

A3.  We are one of the cheaper away prices on average, when you compare how many silver games there are in a season. However, the pricing structure for away falls in line with our structure for the rest of the stadium. With the Atyeo sold out for the season, our cheapest silver adult price is £21 for members in the South Stand or £26 for non-members; it’s £25 for away fans in the Atyeo (ie non-member rate).  Our main focus is increasing home attendances and ensuring a season card offers the best value for supporters. The question is, if we made the away ticket at member price (ie £21 for away fans for silver games, £26 for away fans for gold games), what would the feedback be?  We’re happy to have the debate on this at FAN.

Q4.  Discounts for next season

Fans presenting a dual-season ticket card only to have 15% discount applied when it should be 20%.

This only appears to be known about by whoever put together the welcome letter.

If there is no plans to have machines that can scan the cards and auto apply the correct discount then it would be better not to offer it next year.

Compensation for this season e.g. £10 voucher for the club shop would not go amiss.

A4.  It’s certainly in the pipeline for season card holders and members to be able to swipe their cards to secure the correct discount.  It would speed up the process for fans as well.  Whether it will be in place for next season, it’s too soon to say, but if not then we’ll certainly review how we issue discounts anyhow.

Q5.  Toilets in the FanZone

Is this feasible – if so, in what time-scale?

A5.  We don’t really want to bring portaloos into that area, which is in line with feedback we’ve had from our own supporters.  At present we’d ask fans to head into the Sports Bar and use the toilet facilities in there. Longer-term, we are looking at what solutions are available to improve the FanZone, including toilets.

1 hour ago, Blagdon Mike said:

Q4.  Discounts for next season

Fans presenting a dual-season ticket card only to have 15% discount applied when it should be 20%.

This only appears to be known about by whoever put together the welcome letter.

If there is no plans to have machines that can scan the cards and auto apply the correct discount then it would be better not to offer it next year.

Compensation for this season e.g. £10 voucher for the club shop would not go amiss

I disagree - it should not be beyond the wit of the club or their IT suppliers to get this right. Even in the absence of a swipe-card solution it just means you get your staff to implement it properly.

So I feel that this should NOT be a proposal for FAN to take forward. Can this be agreed?

@Blagdon Mike

Further to my post above - FAN should not propose anything that has not been agreed with your equivalent body from within the Rugby Club - particularly when you talk about a suggestion from City fans that presumably has not been agreed with Bris fans. I am sure you will agree that this is eminently reasonable?  

7 minutes ago, Scrumpy Dziek said:

Did FAN give this feedback? 

It does seem odd.

'When drinking in the car park, would you like fewer facilities and the chance to queue up on a one-in, one-off basis to use the toilet in the sports bar?'

'YES! fewer facilities and a lack of sanitation would improve my match day experience!'

I'd love to know how they did this feedback session.

6 minutes ago, phantom said:

Wouldn't think so as never seen it in their minutes, but it is intriguing where and when this was done 

I think I can categorically say we didn't discuss that at a FAN meeting. I think the lack of outside toilet facilities (as well as somewhere undercover for when the weather isn't great) is one of the things that could be improved in the village. 

• SC&T Board Members
4 hours ago, Septic Peg said:

As a fully paid up member of the SC&T (just did it online - thought I'd done it ages ago!) I now feel I can ask when is OUR Dolman Supporters Bar handed back so we can get the paint cans out and go all Picasso on it?

Hopefully in time for the start of next season. So paint can and Picasso time should be over the summer! Just have to agree the deal with BS first.

Archived