IGNORED

Football League launch probe into Matty Taylors transfer

Smokey

lets look at the history of the last 5 rovers court cases shall we?

They are bitter deluded fools who are trying to deflect attention away from the fact that their "Billionare" hasn't got a pot to piss in and they aren't getting a new ground or even a revamped mem,

its all a front for hamer to get his lands on some land which has back fired because higgs sold them a duff deal

5 hours ago, bcfcfinker said:

So what are they trying to do, have him back or get some extra bucks (10 mill maybe?)?

The same article says: 'Bristol City sources say Taylor's release-clause price had been published during media speculation before his move to City.'

In the same paper:

Opps, tells everyone its 300k 25th Jan. So the question is, did City put an offer in after this date

From the top link

'A club statement said: 'Bristol City can confirm that it made an offer over the weekend to Bristol Rovers for an undisclosed fee for Matthew Taylor and that offer was accepted.''

Umm... weekend was 28th - 29th Jan.

Are the gas accusing LJ/others of impropriety and is that defamation? Let's see if they actually raise a complaint or is this a deflection exercise?

ps If an agent did this (the perceived selling under the odds), would he be doing himself out of a commission?

As a Rovers fan, I will happily say here, I don't believe City or anyone at City did anything wrong.

The apparent £300k figure got out somehow, whether loose lips at Rovers, Taylor, his agent or some other way. If that (believed) information gets out, City (or any other club) can hardly be blamed for taking advantage of it

11 minutes ago, Hello said:

As a Rovers fan, I will happily say here, I don't believe City or anyone at City did anything wrong.

The apparent £300k figure got out somehow, whether loose lips at Rovers, Taylor, his agent or some other way. If that (believed) information gets out, City (or any other club) can hardly be blamed for taking advantage of it

it was reported in the same paper a week before we bid, 

10 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Obviously the price has been stated many times before. Rovers start chucking false accusations at our club. Because the pricks in charge of their little club constantly balls up . Could become quite messy 

counter sue for deformation of character 

A business as usual diversionary tactic by the G*S board and guess what the supporters will fall for it hook line and sinker. 

When the questions start getting asked that make them feel uncomfortable they rally back to their default position of the 'Victim'. 

Throw enough mud and some might stick, appears to be their entire boards strategy.

Whoever signed off the contract extension with Taylor at Rovers and was content in the release clause figure is absolutely culpable for their (arguably) biggest asset to leave at a peppercorn price. 

Lets look at what is publicly out there as said by Taylor himself "When I knew City were interested I had made my mind up [sic]" couple that with his personal reasons moving to us was for him a win win.

We were shrewd enough to trigger his release clause and negotiate the transfer just as Arsenal offered £40M +1p did to trigger Suarez a few seasons ago and lead to his eventual departure to Barça....as far as I can remember there was no Premier League inquiry into how Arsenal knew that figure or did they make an educated guess?

We made an offer that may have been the trigger fee or may have been more, whichever under the terms of his contract it was enough to force negotiations of personal terms.

Its football, it happens. It also happens in business; if you know what the lowest price is the other party is content to deal at you always drive your negotiations to that lowest figure - not doing so would be incompetent.

Shape up and move on  

1 hour ago, Hello said:

Looking at Slagchat, quite a few say they want the club to forget it, a few others think it's a great idea...it's just like the Wycombe thing all over again. That didn't appear to go as planned and made your club look a bit desperate.

Be interesting to see if they pursue this...

4 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Looking at Slagchat, quite a few say they want the club to forget it, a few others think it's a great idea...it's just like the Wycombe thing all over again. That didn't appear to go as planned and made your club look a bit desperate.

As usual with the Gas its all smoke and mirrors.  I think they'll pursue it. 

9 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Indeed so.

I can't imagine that there's any hard evidence to support any "dodgy dealings" from City. I sure that how the release clause amount got discovered will remain a mystery.

That said, underhand manouvers are common place within football so I can't imagine why the Rovers would pursue it.

Sours grapes?  

Why not just offer the Sags an opportunity to even things up? Let them "get wind" of the fee required to trigger the release of our best player (whoever that may be) and make a bid we are forced to accept. Shouldn't be a problem for the Jordanian squillionaire surely...?

If we had started off with what they considered a derisory offer of 100k they would have had to take it as an official offer and once we had bid 300k they would have no option but to let the player and his representatives know. It wouldn't have taken a lot to get this far if we had suspected he had a low release clause. With the superstars of this world who have release clauses well into the millions are clubs just meant to keep bidding blindly until they magically hit the clause.

4 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Indeed so.

I can't imagine that there's any hard evidence to support any "dodgy dealings" from City. I sure that how the release clause amount got discovered will remain a mystery.

That said, underhand manouvers are common place within football so I can't imagine why the Rovers would pursue it.

Sours grapes?  

Could be.

Could also be the current board going down the Nick Higgs route of shifting blame after they've ****** up and their foaming supporters start stamping their feet with rage.

Always someone else's fault.

Like many, I can understand why this would be investigated, and generally in life the adage "If you think something is happening, is because it is"  (an exception being for those with paranoia)

However, if the information about the release clause was in the press before last weekend as some people are suggesting, then there's no problem. If it wasn't then we may have some explaining to do. 

Were we the only Club that made an offer? If £300k was widely known, I can't believe no other Club came in and made an offer. And even if £300K wasn't widely known, why hasn't any other club come in and offered say £500K to see whether it would release his contract?

It's weird how no club has done so. Perhaps they all think he's not good enough and we've gambled 300K on a dud lol

15 minutes ago, spudski said:

Were we the only Club that made an offer? If £300k was widely known, I can't believe no other Club came in and made an offer. And even if £300K wasn't widely known, why hasn't any other club come in and offered say £500K to see whether it would release his contract?

It's weird how no club has done so. Perhaps they all think he's not good enough and we've gambles 300K on a dud lol

That's the thing....it appears it was widely known. It's been spoken about on here, Gaschat, Twitter and the Daily Mail at various times since last August. 

Rumours are that at least two other clubs were interested on deadline day (although that could be bollocks). It is strange that no one else took a low cost gamble on the leagues highest scorer from last season but of course that doesn't prove any wrongdoing on our part.

I just reckon that when no one did pick him up throughout Jan, City just thought to themselves "why don't we have a go?"

He might end up a dud in the Championship but he can definitely score goals in L1. If it doesn't work out this season we can either sell him or, if the worst comes to the worst, enjoy watching him score a hat trick against the Gas.

2 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

That's the thing....it appears it was widely known. It's been spoken about on here, Gaschat, Twitter and the Daily Mail at various times since last August. 

Rumours are that at least two other clubs were interested on deadline day (although that could be bollocks). It is strange that no one else took a low cost gamble on the leagues highest scorer from last season but of course that doesn't prove any wrongdoing on our part.

I just reckon that when no one did pick him up throughout Jan, City just thought to themselves "why don't we have a go?"

He might end up a dud in the Championship but he can definitely score goals in L1. If it doesn't work out this season we can either sell him or, if the worst comes to the worst, enjoy watching him score a hat trick against the Gas.

Maybe the case...but I do know we have scouted him at least since November, so it wasn't just a case of throw £300k at it, just going on all the facts we know about Taylor. We have done due diligence. I just find it odd that no other Club has done the same....that we know about.

Archived