IGNORED

Des Taylor

stokes7

7 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

Eh? The fish I don't know it's name, even if it has one, I was stating the name of the Angler, the chap with the hat holding the fish, is called Des Taylor. Hope that helps. 

It's a carp. 

Hope that helps :-)

2 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

I'm confused

the fish is called Des ?

The fish is crap (Sad some people try and avoid the swear filter !!! 'carp' :cool:)

So the man with the fish is Des Burt ?

Is that about right so far ?

No the real story is about SOD and Burt bidding for the Gas, hopefully that will avoid the swear filter.

The Carp is just a smoke screen.

Hmm hope this isn't true. Generally our recruitment has been good since he's come in. If true I hope we've got a better replacement.

Conspiracy theory but I wonder if this is over Engvall. Assuming the theory that he's just not good enough and we've bought a dud is true, maybe someone's head had to roll for that outlay. 

6 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Hmm hope this isn't true. Generally our recruitment has been good since he's come in. If true I hope we've got a better replacement.

Conspiracy theory but I wonder if this is over Engvall. Assuming the theory that he's just not good enough and we've bought a dud is true, maybe someone's head had to roll for that outlay. 

You can't get it right all the time - too many variables - so for this (if true) to be just over Engvall that would be harsh to say the least. If we assume Des (or the network he heads up) was responsible for Hordur and Hegs then that alone would justify giving him the benefit of any doubt. 

If this is true I think it would harm our chances of unearthing other such bargains, you always take a chance on a player failing to serttle/lose form etc that cannot be foreseen through a vigourous scouting regime. 

13 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

You can't get it right all the time - too many variables - so for this (if true) to be just over Engvall that would be harsh to say the least. If we assume Des (or the network he heads up) was responsible for Hordur and Hegs then that alone would justify giving him the benefit of any doubt. 

If this is true I think it would harm our chances of unearthing other such bargains, you always take a chance on a player failing to serttle/lose form etc that cannot be foreseen through a vigourous scouting regime. 

I agree, I still hope Engvall comes good and he's got time. Hope it's not true about Taylor.

I think our fans just aren't used to us spending relatively big (in terms of our history) on players and then they don't play. 

It shows what's happened in terms of inflation, we spend more or less the same on Nicky Maynard a few years back and that got us a very good Championship standard striker. It was more than double what we paid for Trundle less than 10 years ago and that got us another great player (mis-used unfortunately) complete with image rights!

It's the norm now for better or worse. I really hope Engvall makes it, I can't see him getting many minutes now that Taylor is here though barring injury.

Perhaps a loan would be good if this can be arranged. Unsure if we can still loan abroad.

Agree @Phileas Fogg - Engvall hasn't failed yet but may be he still has to settle etc - it's unrealistic to expect every signing from abroad to fit in seamlessly to a new club, teammates and culture. Maybe too early to write him off. You'd think Des has a lot of credit in the bank overall for what he's done though, he was a key signing for me in terms of us being able to tap into hitherto unknown markets - a key part of the much vilified (misunderstood) pillars! 

Archived