IGNORED

Don't know what you're doing...

Hard to articulate the point without sounding superfan happy clapper, that I am not. LJ's sacking I have advocated. 

But...

To those  singing you don't know what you're doing: Shame on you.

A striker 4 weeks in to the country; a striker coming on to make his debut after crossing the divide and all that brings and that's your immediate reaction. Pathetic.  Terrible support nil encouragement and a rank atmosphere to enter in to.

Even as someone who would relieve LJ of his duties it made my bloody afternoon that the theee brought on, unless my eyes deceived me, each contributed to the phase of play we scored from. 

And reading this forum for a week most suggested it be 2 up front and the two best suited to eachother would be Taylor and Djuric. What's even funnier is the 2 attackers replaced did nothing. The three that came on caused problems: one scored and one assisted in less time than those replaced had on the field  

2 minutes ago, 29AR said:

Hard to articulate the point without sounding superfan happy clapper, that I am not. LJ's sacking I have advocated. 

But...

To those  singing you don't know what you're doing: Shame on you.

A striker 4 weeks in to the country; a striker coming on to make his debut after crossing the divide and all that brings and that's your immediate reaction. Pathetic.  Terrible support nil encouragement and a rank atmosphere to enter in to.

Even as someone who would relieve LJ of his duties it made my bloody afternoon that the theee brought on, unless my eyes deceived me, each contributed to the phase of play we scored from. 

And reading this forum for a week most suggested it be 2 up front and the two best suited to eachother would be Taylor and Djuric. What's even funnier is the 2 attackers replaced did nothing. The three that came on caused problems: one scored and one assisted in less time than those replaced had on the field  

should it not have been 2 up front from the start?

1 minute ago, Red Army 75 said:

Hindsight is a wonderful thing 

Surely if someone who is supposed to create or score goal isn't having an impact on the game, then subbing them is a sensible choice is it not?

This isn't hindsight, this is a post rightly criticising the fans who, instead of encouraging the players coming on, created a toxic atmosphere when a sensible decision was made.

Just now, old_eastender said:

should it not have been 2 up front from the start?

Yes. I think it should. Buy the irony of you don't know what you're doing when switching to two up top is...

An act of desperation that appears to have reprieved him. 

The selection, setup and game management of LJ has been declining week in week out. 

What was stumbled upon this afternoon was nothing more than the players doing it in spite of him. 

I wanted him to succeed as do I want my club to succeed however his tactical naivety is plain for all to see and he's done in my eyes. 

1 minute ago, iamalagerdrinker said:

Can we revive this post after the next 4 games? 

Any game you wish: it'd be as pertinent to this game then as it is now. You shouldn't confuse me with someone who believes in LJ'S abilities: I did but don't now, would replace and if he stays need convincing 

If he knew what he was doing he wouldn't have picked the first 11 he did and set us up in a system our players did not understand. The three subs reminded me just like Hodgson v Wales - he didn't know what he was doing either so he rolled the dice as he had no other choice.

Just now, otib118 said:

Ridiculous that some were singing that, Tammy was terrible today and didn't deserve to stay on same with Tomlin, changed shape and tempo and hay ho the 3 subs combine together to get the winner! Some people just love to have a moan it seems! 

You didn't see him save us from a certain goal in the first 10 minutes then? I know that isn't his role but to call him terrible is incredibly harsh IMO.

1 minute ago, ploppy said:

If he knew what he was doing he wouldn't have picked the first 11 he did and set us up in a system our players did not understand. The three subs reminded me just like Hodgson v Wales - he didn't know what he was doing either so he rolled the dice as he had no other choice.

It was a system we have played other times this season and won, so I'd suggest the players do understand it.

3 minutes ago, ploppy said:

And that's a reasonable conclusion. I don't debate that. What I took real offence to was whether that wad the introduction Taylor deserved given the bullseye he put on his back or Djuric who 4 weeks ago switched country to be here - audible exasperation that they were competent enough to replace those they did? 

10 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Surely if someone who is supposed to create or score goal isn't having an impact on the game, then subbing them is a sensible choice is it not?

This isn't hindsight, this is a post rightly criticising the fans who, instead of encouraging the players coming on, created a toxic atmosphere when a sensible decision was made.

Calm down. If we would of drew the game . Well . It paid of good decision . For what it's worth I never booed or chanted anything. But luckily for LJ it came of and we won . Don't over react

4 minutes ago, ploppy said:

Bristol City FC @bcfctweets 1m1 minute ago

LJ: "Bringing a target man on with two fresh, busy players around him just helped give us impetus." #BRCvROT

**** off with your vendetta. Support the club if you're not going to support the manager. We got a very important win.

Just now, RumRed said:

Not really a personal vendetta is it, we just think he's crap.

thinking someone is crap isn't a vendetta.

Using every action that he does or doesn't do as a way to slag him off, making it so whatever he does he gets criticised is.

Today he took off under-performing players and got abuse for it. That is not a rational reaction.

1 minute ago, Red Army 75 said:

Calm down. If we would of drew the game . Well . It paid of good decision . For what it's worth I never booed or chanted anything. But luckily for LJ it came of and we won . Don't over react

I am calm and haven't over reacted anywhere.

I asked a question and stated why it wasn't hindsight.

Those that have long written off LJ will of course claim this was an act of desperation and panic.

For me, still standing fairly neutral about LJ, I credit him for a remarkably brave decision. To take off your two biggest names, in such an important game, and in an atmosphere that is pretty toxic, took massive cojones.

I'm delighted with the win. If LJ is going to turn things around, it'll start with scrappy, hard fought wins. Lets hope it's a massive confidence boost to our players this evening.

12 minutes ago, Dynamite Red said:

Does he know what he is doing? Constant tinkering with formations, players, regular half time substitutions and playing styles. Fair play it worked out against the worst team in the division but 3/4 of the game we were abject and impotent. 

That's really not why I started the thread. It's not a suggestion that he is beyond question. What is beyond excuse is:

- Taylor has made a move which has subjected him and his family to personal abuse and threats;

- Djuric has moved his family to a new country;

- Tomlin was shite as per;

- Tammy was poor;

- We were going 2 up top

And the encouragement we could give to those 2 lads who replaced 2 lads playing crap was 'You don't know what you're doing' as if they were unworthy players. For Taylor's bow and for Djuric's confidence it was absolutely inexcusable, whether or not merited. 

53 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

The sensible decision would have been to start with the formation he switched to

Archived