IGNORED

Six nations

Super

Just watch them destroy Scotland and retain the six nations championship.  Now England are number two in the world behind the All Blacks.

What a fantastic job the coach Eddie Jones have done.

Eighteen months ago we were humiliated in our own World Cup and we were a shambles of a team.

So England got rid of an under preforming head coach and appointed a top class experience and proven coach who is his own man and transformed the team and its fortunes with the same group of players.

Bristol City have some quality players and like the England Rugby back in 2015 are preforming way below their individual abilities, so what should Bristol City do, answers on a post card.

1 hour ago, bs3 said:

Just watch them destroy Scotland and retain the six nations championship.  Now England are number two in the world behind the All Blacks.

What a fantastic job the coach Eddie Jones have done.

Eighteen months ago we were humiliated in our own World Cup and we were a shambles of a team.

So England got rid of an under preforming head coach and appointed a top class experience and proven coach who is his own man and transformed the team and its fortunes with the same group of players.

Bristol City have some quality players and like the England Rugby back in 2015 are preforming way below their individual abilities, so what should Bristol City do, answers on a post card.

Switch to playing Rugby ......Whats yer address

We had a friendly bet as to the points difference between the two sides and everyone went for a 10 point or under England win. I got a resounding "no way" when I said 20 points.......and I don't know much about the finer points of rugby....

England were very,very good yesterday. Quick line ball, great gap running and a mighty powerful bunch of forwards. The Jocks were overwhelmed.

Beat Ireland next week to beat the All Blacks record run of victories.

1 minute ago, Super said:

Yes the record would be great but they havent played the best team on the planet. England are improving but still some way to go. Encouraging though.

It's Eddie's ambition to make England the no 1 rugby nation in the world and to that he needs to win the next World Cup in Japan.

If he can carry on beating everyone on the way there we'll be feared by everyone except maybe the All Blacks.

2 hours ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

Given the team I'd pick for the test matches in NZ I'd consider renaming the 'British and Irish Lions' as 'The England Rugby Team And Guests'.   

I think WG has some very good players from all the home nations to choose from, traditionally it's getting the balance right,.

Still it's a massive ask at the end of a hard season to go to NZ And take them on when they're 2/3 months into theirs?!?

Gatland will stick with as many Welshman as possible no doubt... look at the 50/50 decisions for places in the whole squad and I'm willing to bet the majority of the time he'll go with a Welshman. 

FWIW with a week left I think my lions team would look like this

1. Mako
  2. Best
  3. Furlong
  4. A.W.Jones
  5. Launchbury
  6. Stander
  7. Tipuric
  8. Billy 
  9. Murray
  10. Sexton 
  11. Daly
  12. Farrell
  13. Davies
  14. North
  15. Hogg

5 Englishmen

5 Irishmen 

4 Welshmen 

And a Scotsman 

Places of contention - A.W.Jones, could be any of Lawes, Itoje or the Gray brothers, Davies could be replaced by Joseph, and Hogg I could see Gats going with Halfpenny and Williams over Daly. So really it is a fairly split team in terms of nationality in the 15.

On 12/03/2017 at 09:34, Super said:

Yes the record would be great but they havent played the best team on the planet. England are improving but still some way to go. Encouraging though.

NZ didn't play England on their 18 match unbeaten run.

Amazing that NZ's 18 match winning run was ended by Ireland, could history repeat itself?

On 12/03/2017 at 09:34, Super said:

They would have if the all blacks hadn't demanded £3m to play against England, considering the RFU knows Twickenham will fill unsurprising they chose someone else.

34 minutes ago, hodge said:

Gatland will stick with as many Welshman as possible no doubt... look at the 50/50 decisions for places in the whole squad and I'm willing to bet the majority of the time he'll go with a Welshman. 

FWIW with a week left I think my lions team would look like this

1. Mako
  2. Best
  3. Furlong
  4. A.W.Jones
  5. Launchbury
  6. Stander
  7. Tipuric
  8. Billy 
  9. Murray
  10. Sexton 
  11. Daly
  12. Farrell
  13. Davies
  14. North
  15. Hogg

5 Englishmen

5 Irishmen 

4 Welshmen 

And a Scotsman 

Places of contention - A.W.Jones, could be any of Lawes, Itoje or the Gray brothers, Davies could be replaced by Joseph, and Hogg I could see Gats going with Halfpenny and Williams over Daly. So really it is a fairly split team in terms of nationality in the 15.

Dylan Hartley has to be in surely?

1 minute ago, Super said:

Dylan Hartley has to be in surely?

Notice how a lot of England's recent performances have gotten better when Hartley goes off and George comes on, George would be my sub hooker tbh, good option coming off the bench and has shown he can have an impact. 

Archived