IGNORED

David Wagner v Leeds

Super

• Admin
13 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

What did he do? Didn`t see it.

When Leeds scored their winner, Wagner ran to join in the celebrations behind the goal line. As he trots back to his area Monk steps out of his technical area to block Wagner, who then barges into Monk starting a massive bout of handbags 

3 minutes ago, phantom said:

When Leeds scored their winner, Wagner ran to join in the celebrations behind the goal line. As he trots back to his area Monk steps out of his technical area to block Wagner, who then barges into Monk starting a massive bout of handbags 

Yes, it was rather weird for Wagner to celebrate the Leeds winner like that .......

No issue with it being done as the home side, think he'd get torn a new 'un if he tried it away from home.

But that's what we want to see from our manager / head coach isn't it, passion & desire & celebrating a last minute winner in a local derby against a team there or there abouts your own team, isn't it?

Certainly adheres him to his teams supporters.

And I'm guessing what Monk did has adhered him to the Leeds fans a bit more too.

It certainly won't of done either of them any harm in their own fans eyes while it will probably cause it bit more needle when they visit each other's grounds in the future.

14 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

But that's what we want to see from our manager / head coach isn't it, passion & desire & celebrating

Wagner was genuinely enthusiastic & passionate. Similarly Chelsea's Antonio Conte ran over to embrace some of their fans when Chelsea's 2nd went in on Saturday.

Looking back however, we have had very few similar displays by City Managers. Fred Ford - none that I remember and more recently Danny Wilson had that habit of standing expressionless in the technical area. Both Johnsons may be passionate, but it doesn't always show. Alan D only occasionally showed signs of excitement. The only City Manager I can think of who'd definitely act like Wagner would be Terry Cooper and possibly Jordan in his first term.

3 minutes ago, 22A said:

Wagner was genuinely enthusiastic & passionate. Similarly Chelsea's Antonio Conte ran over to embrace some of their fans when Chelsea's 2nd went in on Saturday.

Looking back however, we have had very few similar displays by City Managers. Fred Ford - none that I remember and more recently Danny Wilson had that habit of standing expressionless in the technical area. Both Johnsons may be passionate, but it doesn't always show. Alan D only occasionally showed signs of excitement. The only City Manager I can think of who'd definitely act like Wagner would be Terry Cooper and possibly Jordan in his first term.

I remember Benny getting quite excited whenever we scored.

59 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Strange one really. One of those things you'd love if it's your manager/your club and would have a big issue with if it was the opposition! 

Monk is doing a very good job (amazing how the majority thought we were too good for him!) but he does seem like a right moaner. 

If he's a right moaner he has the perfect DNA to fit in with City fans and OTIB! 

I would rather have him as our moaning manager than either Warnock or Hollowhead as some on here would like.

Archived