IGNORED

OTIB's all-time XI - Goalkeeper

Benjam!n Ultra

To get away from how shit we currently are we are all going to vote in City's best ever XI in a 4-4-2 formation.

For each position you will have 24 hours to nominate your choice and after the 24 hours are up I will begin a poll which will last 24 hours in which you'll vote for your pick of the top 5 nominated players for that position. 

First up it's obviously who goes in between the sticks. Poll will be up at 3pm tomorrow. 

Nomination: Tom Heaton. 

3 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Keith Welch should probably be in the mix

Not the best but pretty decent

And he never gets mentioned but I liked Keith Waugh 

Welch would be my second choice. Mostly because, whist we've had better goalkeepers, most of them are players who were here briefly and I don't associate with the club in the way that I do Welch. 

1 minute ago, Mr Hankey said:

Ability wise - Tom Heaton (even though his goals against aren't in his favour, but that was down to a shocking defence)

But for me it has to be Adriano Basso, not just down to his goalkeeping, but because he was a symbol of a special couple of seasons.

Good point 

Fantastic rapport with the fans and I always thought the old 'Ohhhhhhhhhh Basso ' always seemed to warm the crowd up and the 'belief' thing almost seemed to fire up and run through the team 

One of the simplistic and best chants over the years for me

Basso also made saves that I thought he had no right to make and thus saved / gained us numerous points 

Would have liked to have seen what he was like 3-5 years younger

Archived