IGNORED

Well done to City and LJ for a cracking point

reddogkev

I'm not sure what Lee Johnson could have to to make Taylor tap in his golden chance to make it 4 -1?

Should LJ have run on the pitch and knocked ut in himself? He clearly set the team up right or we wouldn't have got that lead. 

Our mental fragility has been an issue even since Steve Cotts time and it's tricky to solve.

1 hour ago, reddogkev said:

No need to apologise, and disagreement is absolutely fine!  I'm not remotely fazed by a bit of stick on a forum.

Honestly feel this is a good point!  Call me crazy!

Of course, easy to become bitter and resentful of the fact we could have won this game today, but what's the point in that???

You crazy, dude!! ;)

I thought it was both good and bad but plenty of positives to take into the Leeds game

12 minutes ago, mozo said:

I'm not sure what Lee Johnson could have to to make Taylor tap in his golden chance to make it 4 -1?

Should LJ have run on the pitch and knocked ut in himself? He clearly set the team up right or we wouldn't have got that lead. 

Our mental fragility has been an issue even since Steve Cotts time and it's tricky to solve.

Yes, he set the team up right imo, I've been crying out for width all season but when you are 3-0 up you can revert back to type by going narrow if need be.

The facts are the LJ gets payed massive amounts of money to coach a football team, if he isn't capable of doing that for 90 minutes on a Saturday afternoon then he should be replaced. After all, the players that he has felt aren't good enough have suffered the same fate. 

26 minutes ago, mozo said:

I think you make the case for the dissenters within your very first sentence. With 30m left it should not have been a case of making it 4-1, we should have been totally comfortable and confident at 3-1!!!!!

secind para - it's a 90m game, with three changes allowed. NO, he didn't. If he clearly set them up right even in the second half we'd have won from 3-0 at half time. 

Mental fragility... NO. How many times did we come back from losing positions at the start of the season? I'll give you from the top of my head Wigan at home, Rotherham away, Villa at home. Someone I don't doubt could add one or two more. Let's not consider mental fragility a long standing issue; in August we showed guts and guile to win from adversity with annoy-known-when-beat attitude. This is not a SC hangover, not in the slightest. 

3 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

As @KingLear says above "if we had been 0-3 down at half time at gone on to snatch a point this forum would be rejoicing, wouldn't it?"

Beat me to it. If we'd had our first half performance in the second half, and the second half performance in the first, we'd still have the same 1 point.

Whichever half it was (today the first half) we played some of the best football I've seen us play in meany, many months. Don't give up!!

A very good point. A very frustrating day. But if we continue to build on that first half performance there are reasons to be cheerful. A big if, but well done to Lee and the players for getting a point against a good side - although we all know it should have been more!

2 hours ago, reddogkev said:

I've read everything, and it's still a cracking point!

A fair few were saying we'd lose by 3 or 4 today.  We haven't, we've drawn 3-3.

Not really, because we famously don't lose by more than 1..  Cracking point after leading 3-0 with 45 left?   Uh, not for me

Bartender! I'll have what the Great point lot are drinking plz

A couple of things from me (i wasn't at the game, happily looking after my 3 yr old daughter! and I apologise if these points have been made already), but - 

At 0-3 up, I had to rub my eyes when I checked on my phone....but it was right!  So at half time, what do we think LJ said?

At 1-3 up, Taylor misses from practically underneath the crossbar, at 1-4 it's game over?  And their goal - again, not the first time we've heard this this season, where on earth was the marking?  I've just shouted at Ch5 highlights!

At 2-3 up, with Djuric already on as a straight swap (?) for Taylor, Ince scores - what a surprise!  Young Tom must have at least half his professional goals against us!  At this point you know what's coming next....so why oh why....

....would you sub Tammy for Callum O'Dowda 1 min after conceding the equaliser?  Presumably to shore up the midfield to 5 across and leave Milan up top on his own?  The impetus has been lost at this point, and surely the time to shore up the game is after conceding the 2nd goal not the 3rd?

As Chris Iwelumo says, 'you've got to see the game out, be professional', We didn't do that.  And it seems we are unable to do so.  Naive.

3 minutes ago, BanburyRed said:

A couple of things from me (i wasn't at the game, happily looking after my 3 yr old daughter! and I apologise if these points have been made already), but - 

At 0-3 up, I had to rub my eyes when I checked on my phone....but it was right!  So at half time, what do we think LJ said?

At 1-3 up, Taylor misses from practically underneath the crossbar, at 1-4 it's game over?  And their goal - again, not the first time we've heard this this season, where on earth was the marking?  I've just shouted at Ch5 highlights!

At 2-3 up, with Djuric already on as a straight swap (?) for Taylor, Ince scores - what a surprise!  Young Tom must have at least half his professional goals against us!  At this point you know what's coming next....so why oh why....

....would you sub Tammy for Callum O'Dowda 1 min after conceding the equaliser?  Presumably to shore up the midfield to 5 across and leave Milan up top on his own?  The impetus has been lost at this point, and surely the time to shore up the game is after conceding the 2nd goal not the 3rd?

As Chris Iwelumo says, 'you've got to see the game out, be professional', We didn't do that.  And it seems we are unable to do so.  Naive.

See the game out. So simple and yet so difficult if you don't have the know how

5 hours ago, reddogkev said:

I'm not of the mind-set to fester, reflect on the negative, or fixate on the fact we drew 3-3 after leading 3-0.

Instead I'm going to celebrate a well-earned point, and raise several glasses to the fact we didn't lose 4-3 (which we must've all feared).

A point away to Derby is a cracking result, irrespective of the finer details.

Don't forget, 3 games undefeated, building a bit of confidence now.  And as for the fans there today, you lucky sods, must've been one hell of a match!

If we could do something about our defending though lads - cheers!

Well said. The first half was wonderful to listen to, just like it used to be. I was so gutted when Derby caught up, but at least we didn't get beaten and we did get a point. Well done you Reds!! X

A good point? Maybe? But we had them by the throat and should of killed them off, yeah you keep going at them as they were shit scared of our goal threats, you keep going and pen then and go for 4 or 5  but no let's do what we did at home to reading change it and invite them on to us.. This is basic shit you don't do as a manager, I mean if you got someone by the thoat you don't let them go. Sorry folks i think Steve lansdown is mint ok and yes he has great ambition but Lee Jonson will not fullfill that and we will be a relegation fighting team year after year in this league, and that's not pretty. Sorry folks seen enough and if your all happy to watch city fight to stay up each season when mr lansdown has ambition beyond that then fair play.

I am just pissed off as we are better then what we doing, we have the tools (players) we have a fantastic work shop (stadium) we have great owner but we have a DIY merchant trying to use these tools when we need a tradesman. 1 man keeps fucking this up that is LJ... sorry just really pissed off

15 hours ago, Red said:

LJ knows we can play 442 and have the striking power to score. Now he has to find that ability to keep hold of a lead and find the weak links between midfield and defence and who is prone to switching off.

dropping flint for maggers might be a start

I s'pose if we came back from 3-0 down we'd be a lot more positive about the result.

As for not going 1-4 up being the reason we didn't win, how many goals do we actually have to score away from home, 4,5,6?

As Carlos Santana once sang " Those who do not learn from history, are doomed to repeat it."

Probably.

14 hours ago, RumRed said:

And there's equally no need to be so positive.  

We're in a bad way and in a relegation scrap, our players showed we could compete, then either tactically or mentally we fell apart yet again.

That match is almost the story of our season so far, start brilliantly and capitulate, something has to be done.

I'm struggling to think of too many games where we have "started brilliantly" and certainly nothing like the first half yesterday which was the best football City have produced for a long, long time. It truly was hard to believe it was the same team we have been watching for the last few months

Archived